C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

AMG-Sport is dead. C450 will now be AMG C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
The only "downfall" is that I don't see where the Saddle Brown Designo with the white cross-stitching is still available in the C43's? Perhaps I am just missing it.
I think you are still good... P87 & P88 are still available:

Old 05-10-2016, 09:45 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Note is sent to my dealer re: the U78 AMG Performance Exhaust on the C43. If it's different, my next email will unfortunately be to let him know that I won't be taking delivery of my C450 at the end of the month but that I would like to come in and place an early order for the C43 instead.

At this point, since day #1 of me ordering the C450 I've wondered if I should've just waited. If the 9G and some stupid badging were the only differences, I didn't see a reason to wait...but if I can get an improved AMG exhaust, I do are and it will drive me nuts if I don't wait.

The only "downfall" is that I don't see where the Saddle Brown Designo with the white cross-stitching is still available in the C43's? Perhaps I am just missing it.
I feel your pain. I agree on the exhaust, for me, a part of the AMG experience is the sound, and even though my C450 sounds good, there's lots of room for improvement. The obvious problem you will face is (1) a much longer wait and (2) most likely a deal that is just not as good, price wise. If I was in your position, I would wait, buyers remorse is a terrible thing, but you have to decide buddy.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:47 AM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
Note is sent to my dealer re: the U78 AMG Performance Exhaust on the C43. If it's different, my next email will unfortunately be to let him know that I won't be taking delivery of my C450 at the end of the month but that I would like to come in and place an early order for the C43 instead.

At this point, since day #1 of me ordering the C450 I've wondered if I should've just waited. If the 9G and some stupid badging were the only differences, I didn't see a reason to wait...but if I can get an improved AMG exhaust, I do are and it will drive me nuts if I don't wait.

I think the Saddle Brown is still there, looks like same as the C450 order guide had (page is after the C63 seats).

I don't have any reason to wait, so I'm glad I got mine, it is primarily my wife's car and she would not want a louder exhaust. But, I can see between the transmission and a possible exhaust change (if confirmed) might be worth it to many. Order guide states August availability, so if you can get an early one, that might not be too bad.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:52 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450

On the other hand, sometimes you just have to buy the car when you need it, as there is improvements every year. C400, then C450, now C43, what's coming the other year is anybody's guess, but it's safe to say there will be changes, even if minor. There's talk of a straight 6 with 400hp in the pipeline, if true, could be next year, could be 3 years, you never know, so if we are not careful, we spend years in a "holding pattern" and missing out.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:01 AM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
2016 c450 / 2016 VW Jetta 1.8t / 2006 Wrangler X
They now offer two boxes that I would have ticked off if offered on the c450: Brilliant Blue paint, and performance exhaust. Neither are game changers for me though. I really am happy with my car (which is currently at the dealer for lack or crackle and some shimming and fitment issues). Performance exhaust for the c63 is a $1200 option. Yes, it is a switchable, factory exhaust, however the AWE system looks pretty enticing at a similar price point. As color is concerned, I am really loving my Diamond Silver. It is blue enough that there is no confusing it for an Iridium during the day, it turns grey at dusk and bright silver at night under the street lights.
As far as performance is concerned, the extra umph from a 9 speed isn't getting to me. This car is damn fast in a very usable way. I'm going to love it until the release a GLC43 Coupe. That concept is the most perfectly ugly vehicle I've seen in a long time. Ill take mine in Brilliant Blue please.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:32 AM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
No one is wondering the LIGHTING PACKAGE?

According to the order guide, the LIGHTING PACKAGE will not be stand-alone option anymore, combined into Premium 04 package, which also includes DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACK - I really do hate this package, $2800 listed for C300.

But I won't get a C43 without a lighting package...so I had no choice but buy the freaking bundle

Who decided to bundle this with DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE
Old 05-10-2016, 10:38 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by autopal
I feel your pain. I agree on the exhaust, for me, a part of the AMG experience is the sound, and even though my C450 sounds good, there's lots of room for improvement. The obvious problem you will face is (1) a much longer wait and (2) most likely a deal that is just not as good, price wise. If I was in your position, I would wait, buyers remorse is a terrible thing, but you have to decide buddy.
The wait will suck for sure, and losing my 13% off deal is a big risk. However, when I ordered, I had told my sales associate I wanted to wait for the C43 and he was adamant that the C43 would just be a rebadge of the "same car mechanically." At that point I was pretty certain he was wrong, but I went with it anyway...so now when I renegotiate, I'll just tell him I got 10% off before for what he was claiming to be the same car, so I expect 10% off now. Then I'll lump my $2K fleet discount on and be on my way.

As you said, buyers remorse will be a *****. For the first 3 months of the lease I'd be pleased with myself, for the last 33 months of it I'd be pissed at how impatient I was.

Originally Posted by z28lt1
I think the Saddle Brown is still there, looks like same as the C450 order guide had (page is after the C63 seats).

I don't have any reason to wait, so I'm glad I got mine, it is primarily my wife's car and she would not want a louder exhaust. But, I can see between the transmission and a possible exhaust change (if confirmed) might be worth it to many. Order guide states August availability, so if you can get an early one, that might not be too bad.
Awesome news, thanks dude. Not sure how I was that blind...

Originally Posted by autopal
On the other hand, sometimes you just have to buy the car when you need it, as there is improvements every year. C400, then C450, now C43, what's coming the other year is anybody's guess, but it's safe to say there will be changes, even if minor. There's talk of a straight 6 with 400hp in the pipeline, if true, could be next year, could be 3 years, you never know, so if we are not careful, we spend years in a "holding pattern" and missing out.
Yeah I've been in the waiting game since late last year, so I totally understand the black hole that it can be. However, at some point, I've gotta lap the 3 months from May to September to be on lease schedule with the end model year release rather than the end of the previous model year.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by cenzo86
They now offer two boxes that I would have ticked off if offered on the c450: Brilliant Blue paint, and performance exhaust. Neither are game changers for me though. I really am happy with my car (which is currently at the dealer for lack or crackle and some shimming and fitment issues). Performance exhaust for the c63 is a $1200 option. Yes, it is a switchable, factory exhaust, however the AWE system looks pretty enticing at a similar price point. As color is concerned, I am really loving my Diamond Silver. It is blue enough that there is no confusing it for an Iridium during the day, it turns grey at dusk and bright silver at night under the street lights.
As far as performance is concerned, the extra umph from a 9 speed isn't getting to me. This car is damn fast in a very usable way. I'm going to love it until the release a GLC43 Coupe. That concept is the most perfectly ugly vehicle I've seen in a long time. Ill take mine in Brilliant Blue please.
My local authorized AWE dealer quoted me just north of $2K all-in to install the AWE Touring Exhaust, so being able to add a $1200 AMG Performance Exhaust as an option and add it to my capitalized costs on a lease would be fantastic for me on a 3 year lease. Totally understand that the dynamics change a bit if financing, but still $1200 vs $2000 isn't a small difference.

Originally Posted by arnold0523
According to the order guide, the LIGHTING PACKAGE will not be stand-alone option anymore, combined into Premium 04 package, which also includes DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACK - I really do hate this package, $2800 listed for C300.

But I won't get a C43 without a lighting package...so I had no choice but buy the freaking bundle

Who decided to bundle this with DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE
Agreed, this is pretty unfortunate. However I just had a colleague die in a car accident where he fell asleep at the wheel and crossed 4 lanes of traffic in his Audi and crashed into a bridge. I used to think the Driver Assistance package was "worthless", but started to rethink it after this happened a couple of weeks ago.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:28 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by Vipershade
I think you are still good... P87 & P88 are still available:

Hi Vipershade, you have the order guide in color? Could you upload?
Thanks.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLA45 AMG 2016
c43 coupe looks amazing, just take my money already mercedes.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C300 w205
I see the designo options in the sedan Order guide but not in the coupe order guide, but I assume that it should be available for the coupe as well.

At least we're getting closer boys. I'll be going in to the dealership to order a c43 coupe soon! Hopefully pricing is released soon as well.

Biding my time by playing with the German configurator!

Last edited by Thefiverivers; 05-10-2016 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Thefiverivers
I see the designo options in the sedan Order guide but not in the coupe order guide, but I assume that it should be available for the coupe as well.

At least we're getting closer boys. I'll be going in to the dealership to order a c43 coupe soon! Hopefully pricing is released soon as well.

Ditto, dude. Looks like instead of accepting delivery of my C450 at the end of May I'll probably be going in to place an order on a C43 instead. ****ing sucks I have to wait another 3 months (and probably pay a ton more), but whatever.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:52 PM

GLA45 AMG 2016
Ditto, dude. Looks like instead of accepting delivery of my C450 at the end of May I'll probably be going in to place an order on a C43 instead. ****ing sucks I have to wait another 3 months (and probably pay a ton more), but whatever.
It will cost you more but you will be able to sell it a lot more too. You must be taking a big hit selling a car with a name that barely lasted a year. Don't get mad at me c450 guys its still a amazing car.

Let's just hope its the last time they rename this damn car.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:56 PM

2015 C300 w205
It's worth the wait especially with all the changes now. Waiting sucks, but it'll be worth it when you get the car you want! Buyers remorse is a b. And it seems like you do want to wait.

And I know about waiting, I had initially ordered a cla45 last March. Then when I heard that it was getting refreshed I told my dealer to hold off and put me down for the refresh model (2017). Low and behold my waiting led to the beautiful c coupe info being released, and my decision was made to get that instead. There's always something better coming, so waiting/buying is all about timing and I think the timing is right, for both of us!
Old 05-10-2016, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by arnold0523
Hi Vipershade, you have the order guide in color? Could you upload?
Thanks.
Here are the three MY17 C-Class order guides (C-Class, C-Coupe, C-Cab)...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MY17_C-Class_DOG_5.3.2016.pdf (3.75 MB, 1203 views)
File Type: pdf
The following 6 users liked this post by Vipershade:
arnold0523 (05-10-2016), getto (05-26-2016), inhartwetrust (05-10-2016), NYbenzzz (06-02-2016), Thefiverivers (05-10-2016), z28lt1 (05-10-2016) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-10-2016, 03:16 PM

2015 C300 w205
Here are the three MY17 C-Class order guides (C-Class, C-Coupe, C-Cab)...
Yeah I have the same one for the coupe as well. It's dated May 2 and it looks like the c class one was updated on May 3 with the designo options so that's good news. Thanks for posting!
Old 05-10-2016, 03:18 PM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
It's worth the wait especially with all the changes now.
I've already posted that it makes sense for many people to wait. That said, "all the changes" don't add up to a ton for most people. Basically, badging/name, 9g transmission, possible optional exhaust and vented seats as an option if you get the designo interior.

Some minor negatives as well: no availability of gloss black/interior, aluminum. Order guide does not list availability of heated seats (would be surprised if that was really true), bundling of options may make the car more money for some that only wanted a few of the options, and unknown price of the car and likely smaller discounts at model year start.

Again, makes sense for many people to wait, if I was starting my search now, I probably would, but have no regrets. I may be fooling myself, but I don't think the name change will do much for resale, anyone who knows what the car is, will know it is the same. It is possible that someone that does not know much about cars and simply wants an "AMG" might not look at the C450 because it doesn't say AMG on the back, but I'm guessing that is a small group.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63

It is strange that designo interiors are missing from the coupe order guide (except for the C63S Edition 1). What really leads me to believe that the C43 coupe is not going to see designo interiors is the configurator on the German site. That site always has a super-set of options compared to the U.S. site.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:25 PM

2015 C300 w205
It is strange that designo interiors are missing from the coupe order guide (except for the C63S Edition 1). What really leads me to believe that the C43 coupe is not going to see designo interiors is the configurator on the German site. That site always has a super-set of options compared to the U.S. site.
Good point. Maybe they haven't updated it? Who knows. We'll find out soon enough.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:37 PM

I swear to god, if they don't put the Saddle Brown Designo as an option for the C43 Coupe, I'm going to lose my damn mind...that is what I've decided I'll wait on, which means something will inevitably come along to take a **** on that plan.

That said, the German C43 site has some other weird things still included/not included at the moment, so I'm not certain how serious we should be taking it at the moment.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:58 PM

GLA45 AMG 2016
I swear to god, if they don't put the Saddle Brown Designo as an option for the C43 Coupe, I'm going to lose my damn mind...that is what I've decided I'll wait on, which means something will inevitably come along to take a **** on that plan.

That said, the German C43 site has some other weird things still included/not included at the moment, so I'm not certain how serious we should be taking it at the moment.

You chose selenite grey for exterior? If so saddle brown would look great indeed. So they propably removed this option
Old 05-10-2016, 05:25 PM

Too many to list
It might be nice to have a button for performance exhaust, but not for 1200 dollars. I rather spend the 1200 dollars on an aftermarket exhaust, but thats just me.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by toobrokeforC63
You chose selenite grey for exterior? If so saddle brown would look great indeed. So they propably removed this option
Yeah, on my C450 I had Steel Grey exterior and Saddle Brown Designo interior. Was going to switch to Selenite with the Saddle Brown Designo on the 43 Coupe. Would look sick for sure.

I see in the Sedan guide is has a 8/2016 release and the Designo interiors were added on 5/3 (the date of release). For the Coupe I see it has a 9/2016 release with a 5/2 Order Guide release date. I'm holding out hope that the Coupe guide just hasn't been updated yet.

I've seen pics of the Coupe with Saddle Brown at one of the auto shows, so it definitely existing a month or so ago. I guess we'll see.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Arthrodesis
It might be nice to have a button for performance exhaust, but not for 1200 dollars. I rather spend the 1200 dollars on an aftermarket exhaust, but thats just me.
If the exhaust sounds significantly better, would it not be more than worth the cost?

Traditionally the Sport exhausts have been decent sounding exhausts and Performance exhaust have been great sounding...more than just a button to turn it on or off. The C450 has the Sport.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:43 PM

There were also these seats pictured on the 2017 C63 Coupe at one of the auto shows, which would make me ****ing ecstatic if that somehow became an option on the C43.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMG-Sport is dead. C450 will now be AMG C43