C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

AMG-Sport is dead. C450 will now be AMG C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 04:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 BMW 328i
i'm going to likely order a C43 coupe.

what kind of discount would you guys think is reasonable off MSRP? Like 3-4% ? i'm not expecting a lot, but i'm expecting there should be some given people were getting discounts on C450s last year at launch
Old 05-15-2016, 08:59 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Originally Posted by hans007
i'm going to likely order a C43 coupe.

what kind of discount would you guys think is reasonable off MSRP? Like 3-4% ? i'm not expecting a lot, but i'm expecting there should be some given people were getting discounts on C450s last year at launch
I received a 5% discount when I took the very first batch of C450s when it launched. And free wheel locks.

It really all depends on your salesperson and dealership in the end
Old 05-15-2016, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Yeah, there's no compelling reason for waiting for the 2017 C450, which offers a transmission with two more gears and a model designation with one less digit, but better bragging rights, if you've already got a lock on a 2016 build.

The way to drive an AMG car isn't to lease or buy new. It's to wait for them to come back on those low residual leases in a few years and work the depreciation from the opposite end.

Grab one CPO with 30k miles, extend the warranty for three years and dump it before the warranty expires.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 BMW 328i
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
I received a 5% discount when I took the very first batch of C450s when it launched. And free wheel locks.

It really all depends on your salesperson and dealership in the end
Well I'm in Los Angeles so plenty of dealers to ask. I suppose I can reach out to 7-8 dealers and see what I can get.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:30 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by hans007
Well I'm in Los Angeles so plenty of dealers to ask. I suppose I can reach out to 7-8 dealers and see what I can get.
Please let us know when you get more info on discounts. That would be helpful! Thanks.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:06 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
I'm back from my vacation and my email has been sent out to my dealer to see what my options are on transferring my C450 deal to a C43. My C450 should be delivering in a couple of weeks, so I'll need to move quickly on making a final decision. If the numbers are too far apart, I'll just stick with my C450...but I'm going to make a stretch and try to get my 10% + $2K fleet discount transferred over to a C43. Not likely, but it never hurts to try. If I go with a C43, I will probably finance it. If I stick with the C450 I will lease and ditch it after 36 months (or perhaps 24).

I'll follow up here when I hear back from my SA. If nothing else, it should serve as a good baseline for what % off people may be able to get off on a C43.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:54 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
I'm back from my vacation and my email has been sent out to my dealer to see what my options are on transferring my C450 deal to a C43. My C450 should be delivering in a couple of weeks, so I'll need to move quickly on making a final decision. If the numbers are too far apart, I'll just stick with my C450...but I'm going to make a stretch and try to get my 10% + $2K fleet discount transferred over to a C43. Not likely, but it never hurts to try. If I go with a C43, I will probably finance it. If I stick with the C450 I will lease and ditch it after 36 months (or perhaps 24).

I'll follow up here when I hear back from my SA. If nothing else, it should serve as a good baseline for what % off people may be able to get off on a C43.
Do you have any idea of when deliveries of the C43 will begin?
Old 05-16-2016, 07:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C300 w205
Originally Posted by autopal
Ive read on this forum from others who have ordered the c63 coupe and a few c43s that they are scheduled for delivery in August onwards. But if you ordered it with the HUD option, that will delay your delivery probably towards the end of the year as the factory that produces it has been shut down.

My dealer told me that they will start taking orders this month for a fall delivery (september onwards), so you can see there are a variety of timelines, but my guess would be September onwards.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by autopal
I believe August for sedans and September for Coupes, but that's just based on the order dealer guides.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C43 OMG
Mine was to arrive at the end of July, but I've had a call from my dealer saying that it'll come earlier.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 679 Likes on 534 Posts
c
Originally Posted by Cocheche
Mine was to arrive at the end of July, but I've had a call from my dealer saying that it'll come earlier.
It's a 2016 c43?

Or a 2017?

or a 2016 c450?

lol
Old 05-17-2016, 07:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C43 OMG
A C43 unit, manufactured this year, that's all I know
The following users liked this post:
alexasa (05-17-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 02:38 PM

Received the first response and followed up already, still TBD on what I'll be able to pull off...but he gave his opinion on timing.

Originally Posted by Dealer
I will discuss your concerns with our General Sales Manager and get back to you. I do want to point out a few things,

1. The C450 that you ordered is one of the most highly customized/bespoke automobiles that I have seen in my 23 year career with Mercedes-Benz and as such, like a custom tailored suit it going to be exceedingly difficult to find another buyer.

2. While August is possible, it is more likely that the 2017 C43 will be a September release or later.

3. It will be a couple of months more before we know specifics on pricing, including fleet pricing.
My response:

Originally Posted by Me
Thanks for the speedy response. I don't want to put you and/or the dealership on the short end of the stick here. I was just looking to see if there was a way we could both win here -- i.e. I match my deal and the dealership is able to profit (or at minimum break even) on the sale of my C450, given the 10% discount I had. My assumption was that most uneducated buyers wouldn't even bother to ask for that much off (to get a $65K MSRP vehicle for $58K); perhaps I overestimated the quality of the deal I negotiated. I guess that's why they say not to make assumptions I trust you both to be able to evaluate the options much more accurately than I can.

Again, lets be sure we can both win here or lets kill the thought all together. I don't want anyone to lose money on this except myself if I ended up building a more expensive C43 than the C450 I put together. Please talk it over with **** and let me know what my options might be -- if we can't both come out ahead/even here, I will stick with my C450 in order to maintain a positive relationship with you both.
Best case, they let me transfer the deal. Worst case, they in one way or another have to admit my deal isn't that great and I press them hard to give me more of a discount...

One question I do have...I got $2K on my Fleet Discount on the C450, do AMG Fleet discounts generally come in higher or lower than MB's? Anyone know?
Old 05-17-2016, 03:07 PM

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
Received the first response and followed up already, still TBD on what I'll be able to pull off...but he gave his opinion on timing.

My response:

Best case, they let me transfer the deal. Worst case, they in one way or another have to admit my deal isn't that great and I press them hard to give me more of a discount...

One question I do have...I got $2K on my Fleet Discount on the C450, do AMG Fleet discounts generally come in higher or lower than MB's? Anyone know?
Currently, as best as i know, the AMG's are not excluded from the class, so the same discount applies on any C class sedan. It is at time of delivery, so the current $200 can go up or down, usually changes first week of the month.

That said, the 2017 coupe discount is only $500 at this point. So, while the C450/C43 change might not make a difference in your discount, the 2016/2017 may.

Good luck with whatever you decide. You left the dealer a wide lane to not make any changes to the current deal, but hopefully they'll work with you. I 'm sure you'll be happy either way.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by z28lt1
Currently, as best as i know, the AMG's are not excluded from the class, so the same discount applies on any C class sedan. It is at time of delivery, so the current $200 can go up or down, usually changes first week of the month.

That said, the 2017 coupe discount is only $500 at this point. So, while the C450/C43 change might not make a difference in your discount, the 2016/2017 may.

Good luck with whatever you decide. You left the dealer a wide lane to not make any changes to the current deal, but hopefully they'll work with you. I 'm sure you'll be happy either way.
Thanks, z28. I intentionally left a wide lane for him...it's negotiation 101 not to put him on the defensive and not to make him feel cornered or stupid. If he doesn't WANT to help me, he has very little reason to at this point. In all reality he screwed up back in March/April when he told me there would be no changes between the C450 and the C43, but I want him to be able to save face. He knows that, I don't need to remind him of it. I still want him to feel like he's in the power position with the expertise on the matter -- he needs to feel important and most importantly not acting in a defensive way. I want to be able to see things from his side and work with him to find a way that we can both come out without feeling like one of us got screwed.

If he tells me he can't honor the same deal on a C43, he needs to clearly articulate why -- just 2 months ago he told me the C450 and C43 were the same car just with different badging. If he tells me it's because my C450 is too customized and he won't be able to make a profit off of it on the lot, I then have a little bit of concrete leverage -- that means my deal isn't at the rock bottom anymore like it was before and I want a better deal or else I'll just walk. Previously the finance rep insisted the dealership needed to keep the .00004 MF markup on my car because there was very little profit in the deal based on the price I received saying "I think you've already got a great deal here, don't you think?" If this is the case I will now know that they are making a profit on it (or stand a larger loss if I walk), so I can demand that the markup needs to go away.

There are a lot of different outcomes possible at this point and I'm just going to go with whichever one makes the most sense financially in the end...if the C43 will cost me basically the same as a C450, I'll wait for it. Otherwise, I'll go with my C450 that should be here in the next couple of months. I could just go in and take my C450 is a couple of weeks and be happy as hell...but that's no fun. I like negotiating and know there is some grey area here to haggle a bit more off (based on things he has said incorrectly) or get the C43 for cheaper than I should be able to in a normal deal. Win, win situation for me. The Sales Manager is at a conference in Florida until Friday, so I won't know anything until then.

Last edited by inhartwetrust; 05-17-2016 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:51 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
Thanks, z28. I intentionally left a wide lane for him...it's negotiation 101 not to put him on the defensive and not to make him feel cornered or stupid. If he doesn't WANT to help me, he has very little reason to at this point. In all reality he screwed up back in March/April when he told me there would be no changes between the C450 and the C43, but I want him to be able to save face. He knows that, I don't need to remind him of it. I still want him to feel like he's in the power position with the expertise on the matter -- he needs to feel important and most importantly not acting in a defensive way. I want to be able to see things from his side and work with him to find a way that we can both come out without feeling like one of us got screwed.

If he tells me he can't honor the same deal on a C43, he needs to clearly articulate why -- just 2 months ago he told me the C450 and C43 were the same car just with different badging. If he tells me it's because my C450 is too customized and he won't be able to make a profit off of it on the lot, I then have a little bit of concrete leverage -- that means my deal isn't at the rock bottom anymore like it was before and I want a better deal or else I'll just walk. Previously the finance rep insisted the dealership needed to keep the .00004 MF markup on my car because there was very little profit in the deal based on the price I received saying "I think you've already got a great deal here, don't you think?" If this is the case I will now know that they are making a profit on it (or stand a larger loss if I walk), so I can demand that the markup needs to go away.

There are a lot of different outcomes possible at this point and I'm just going to go with whichever one makes the most sense financially in the end...if the C43 will cost me basically the same as a C450, I'll wait for it. Otherwise, I'll go with my C450 that should be here in the next couple of months. I could just go in and take my C450 is a couple of weeks and be happy as hell...but that's no fun. I like negotiating and know there is some grey area here to haggle a bit more off (based on things he has said incorrectly) or get the C43 for cheaper than I should be able to in a normal deal. Win, win situation for me. The Sales Manager is at a conference in Florida until Friday, so I won't know anything until then.
Did you put nonrefundable deposit when you placed a special order on C450? Did you sign any paper work that you have to get it? Just curious, because I wasn't in this situation before. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
It's that damn funky color combo (which I like, but it's funky) coming back to bite ya. I'm guessing if this was your garden variety Polar White/Cranberry/Black Ash they'd feel more comfortable being stuck with it as an inventory car and transferring the deposit. But I can see their point (as have you) as far as not wanting to eat that particular 450 if it's to late to kill the factory order.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by arnold0523
Did you put nonrefundable deposit when you placed a special order on C450? Did you sign any paper work that you have to get it? Just curious, because I wasn't in this situation before. Thanks.
I put $1K down, refundable retainer. I didn't sign any paperwork at all besides a credit card authorization sheet because their finance team was gone by the time I finalized my deal and he couldn't get into the office.

Originally Posted by Mike5215
It's that damn funky color combo (which I like, but it's funky) coming back to bite ya. I'm guessing if this was your garden variety Polar White/Cranberry/Black Ash they'd feel more comfortable being stuck with it as an inventory car and transferring the deposit. But I can see their point (as have you) as far as not wanting to eat that particular 450 if it's to late to kill the factory order.
They had a MY 16 CLS with the same steel grey/saddle brown color combo on their lot the one day when I was there, priced around $110K -- wonder if it's still on the lot? Probably not, and I doubt they'd have an issue selling mine. That said, I agree that it's a major sticking point for them though,. All in all I think their logic is flawed as on their C43's they are whoring the Selenite/Saddle Brown combo out like mad in the dealer docs, etc...which isn't very far off from my combo. From my perspective they'd be better off to have something different than the boring generic color combos they already have on the lot, to appease the people with a pulse who want something not so cookie cutter. The last car they had with Saddle Brown Designo sold within < 5 days of me seeing it on the lot...
Old 05-18-2016, 12:28 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLC43
They had a MY 16 CLS with the same steel grey/saddle brown color combo on their lot the one day when I was there, priced around $110K -- wonder if it's still on the lot? Probably not, and I doubt they'd have an issue selling mine. That said, I agree that it's a major sticking point for them though,. All in all I think their logic is flawed as on their C43's they are whoring the Selenite/Saddle Brown combo out like mad in the dealer docs, etc...which isn't very far off from my combo. From my perspective they'd be better off to have something different than the boring generic color combos they already have on the lot, to appease the people with a pulse who want something not so cookie cutter. The last car they had with Saddle Brown Designo sold within < 5 days of me seeing it on the lot...
Here's what I think about custom orders, I have seen many BMW Individual and Audi Exclusive cars that buyers backed out and dealer has to heavily discounted to move. While C450 isn't to that extreme, I understand why dealer hesitant to change. Especially they know buyers of this class (especially leases) will jump on 2017 C43 instead of a 2016 C450. They will at least lose whatever discount they promised you but it may also sit for a while and taking up lot space which is also $$.

Unless you have long term relationship with this dealer, I doubt you'll get much out of it. Like Mike said, if it's black/white/silver, I think dealer will be more accommodating. As I see 50% of stock order from my dealer is these 3 colors with various options which dealer's inventory control think they can move quick. Even then, I see them fail sometimes with combo that sit on the lot for a while.

Last edited by Xtrema; 05-18-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Xtrema
Here's what I think about custom orders, I have seen many BMW Individual and Audi Exclusive cars that buyers backed out and dealer has to heavily discounted to move. While C450 isn't to that extreme, I understand why dealer hesitant to change. Especially they know buyers of this class (especially leases) will jump on 2017 C43 instead of a 2016 C450. They will at least lose whatever discount they promised you but it may also sit for a while and taking up lot space which is also $$.

Unless you have long term relationship with this dealer, I doubt you'll get much out of it. Like Mike said, if it's black/white/silver, I think dealer will be more accommodating. As I see 50% of stock order from my dealer is these 3 colors with various options which dealer's inventory control think they can move quick. Even then, I see them fail sometimes with combo that sit on the lot for a while.
Appreciate the insight, Xtrema. I think you're spot-on on all points.

I'm not going to press the issue too hard and I'm not going to walk on the deal. I sympathize with their position on this. I'll be perfectly happy to take my C450, I just want to see if there is room to make them squirm a bit and see if it can provide me some space to negotiate a larger discount on the C450 (assuming the C43 can't work out). I got 10% off + $2K in Fleet two months ago when I ordered, present day I know that if I got one today I could get 16.5%+ off.

MBFS refused to lock in a MF or residual for me when I signed to order the car, so I don't feel the least bit sorry for the dealership if they have to give me an increased discount in order for me not to leave them sitting on a car they can't move. That's business; scratch my back I'll scratch yours. They didn't scratch mine before. The dealership wouldn't remove the MF markup when I went in for a meeting and asked, even though I supported my case. Further, MBFS wouldn't lock in rates for me (I know it's against their policy, I just don't like it)...so they collectively put me on the defensive, which makes me want to press them. Not to mention the fact the dealer was adamant that there would be no material mechanical changes on the C43 even though I told him I had seen on AMG's page where the Coupe has the 9-Speed (and sent him the article), and I have the emails saved to prove that. So, all in all, they put me on the defensive. As a result, I will work any angle I can until the day I take delivery . I am trying to keep them off the defensive for this very reason in my communication with them, hence the soft language in my note. The absolute ONLY way they decide to "work with me" on this is if I can appeal to their emotions somehow; demanding things and using firm language won't get me anywhere.

I love this *****, I negotiate daily in my career so I live for it. At least this time my negotiations might benefit myself a bit more
Old 05-18-2016, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
The only thing that would stick in my craw on your deal is the mark up on MF, which really is just a back door way to take back some of the discount they agreed to on the front end.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mike5215
The only thing that would stick in my craw on your deal is the mark up on MF, which really is just a back door way to take back some of the discount they agreed to on the front end.
No doubt, and I've valued that out at around $1500 over the course of the lease...so they can take it off the front end or the back end. Either way, it's coming off.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Right. And that's $1500 as a lump sum up front kicked back to them when MBFS funds the lease. So essentially wiping out the bulk of the fleet discount for doing nothing.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:10 PM

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts
2018 E63, 2008 SLR DH, 2011 599 SA, 1995 F50, 2007 through 2011 GT3 RS

Just for your heads up I picked up my 2016 C450 on lease and it was fully loaded. Had the diamond silver metallic with saddle brown designo interior. Think it has every option except for the heads up display. I leased it and the MSRP was $72,400 and the sale price was $60,890. This was the last day of February even before the C43 was announced.
My dealer here in Los Angeles told me the saddle brown is extremely popular here in LA.
Good luck and everyone I know comments how stunning the saddle interior is So it should be hard for your dealer to sell your ordered C450.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:20 PM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
2016 c450 / 2016 VW Jetta 1.8t / 2006 Wrangler X
Originally Posted by Sylvainsm
Just for your heads up I picked up my 2016 C450 on lease and it was fully loaded. Had the diamond silver metallic with saddle brown designo interior. Think it has every option except for the heads up display. I leased it and the MSRP was $72,400 and the sale price was $60,890. This was the last day of February even before the C43 was announced.
My dealer here in Los Angeles told me the saddle brown is extremely popular here in LA.
Good luck and everyone I know comments how stunning the saddle interior is So it should be hard for your dealer to sell your ordered C450.
How do you like your diamond silver so far? I am loving mine! It gets looks everywhere, especially by iridium owners. I particularly love how it turns grey at sunset and blue again when it's completely dark. Do you have any pics that show off the interior? That's a brave combo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMG-Sport is dead. C450 will now be AMG C43