C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

AMG-Sport is dead. C450 will now be AMG C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 05:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C300 w205
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Appreciate the insight, Xtrema. I think you're spot-on on all points.

I'm not going to press the issue too hard and I'm not going to walk on the deal. I sympathize with their position on this. I'll be perfectly happy to take my C450, I just want to see if there is room to make them squirm a bit and see if it can provide me some space to negotiate a larger discount on the C450 (assuming the C43 can't work out). I got 10% off + $2K in Fleet two months ago when I ordered, present day I know that if I got one today I could get 16.5%+ off.

MBFS refused to lock in a MF or residual for me when I signed to order the car, so I don't feel the least bit sorry for the dealership if they have to give me an increased discount in order for me not to leave them sitting on a car they can't move. That's business; scratch my back I'll scratch yours. They didn't scratch mine before. The dealership wouldn't remove the MF markup when I went in for a meeting and asked, even though I supported my case. Further, MBFS wouldn't lock in rates for me (I know it's against their policy, I just don't like it)...so they collectively put me on the defensive, which makes me want to press them. Not to mention the fact the dealer was adamant that there would be no material mechanical changes on the C43 even though I told him I had seen on AMG's page where the Coupe has the 9-Speed (and sent him the article), and I have the emails saved to prove that. So, all in all, they put me on the defensive. As a result, I will work any angle I can until the day I take delivery . I am trying to keep them off the defensive for this very reason in my communication with them, hence the soft language in my note. The absolute ONLY way they decide to "work with me" on this is if I can appeal to their emotions somehow; demanding things and using firm language won't get me anywhere.

I love this *****, I negotiate daily in my career so I live for it. At least this time my negotiations might benefit myself a bit more
I ordered a custom spec cla45 last year and ended up not taking delivery of it because of the impending facelift to the model, and my dealer had no problem selling it once it was delivered (in fact within one week I believe).

At the end of the day, at least for me, its about getting the car I want and being happy (emotionally and financially). As long as you are still going to give your dealer business, I do not see how they would look unfavorably on you, and hence all you would need to negotiate is what kind of deal you can get on the c43. Frankly, they should be willing to work with you on getting a similar deal on the c43.

Again, it all depends on your relationship with the dealer. My dealer had no problems with me cancelling my custom order (most likely due to the previous business I had give them coupled with the future order I would be placing), and I did not put down any deposit either.

Good luck with whatever you decide, I hope you get the car you truly want!
Old 05-18-2016, 05:35 PM

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts
2018 E63, 2008 SLR DH, 2011 599 SA, 1995 F50, 2007 through 2011 GT3 RS
This is actually one of the only pics I have of the car. It's in the shop waiting for wheels and tires.
I wasn't a huge fan of the diamond silver at first but could find a Lunar blue with the saddle interior and I way too impatient to order a car.
Now however I love the color. It's different than a lot of other colors around and never looks the same according to lighting. A lot less blue tone then the silverstone M3 in the picture. Plus it looks great with the carbon and night packages that give it contrast. I will post more pics of the interior if I ever get the car out of the shop!

Originally Posted by cenzo86
How do you like your diamond silver so far? I am loving mine! It gets looks everywhere, especially by iridium owners. I particularly love how it turns grey at sunset and blue again when it's completely dark. Do you have any pics that show off the interior? That's a brave combo.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:17 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvainsm
Just for your heads up I picked up my 2016 C450 on lease and it was fully loaded. Had the diamond silver metallic with saddle brown designo interior. Think it has every option except for the heads up display. I leased it and the MSRP was $72,400 and the sale price was $60,890. This was the last day of February even before the C43 was announced.
My dealer here in Los Angeles told me the saddle brown is extremely popular here in LA.
Good luck and everyone I know comments how stunning the saddle interior is So it should be hard for your dealer to sell your ordered C450.
Thanks, mate! And great deal you put together there.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:15 PM

The dealership accepted my proposal of 10% off MSRP on a C43 + my Fleet discount (was $2K on my C450 don't know what it will be on a C43). BOOM! I am going to finance this one rather than lease it, that way I can throw an ECU tune on there as well in due time.

So...C43 Coupe it is, with a top notch deal at that.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:20 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
The dealership accepted my proposal of 10% off MSRP on a C43 + my Fleet discount (was $2K on my C450 don't know what it will be on a C43). BOOM! I am going to finance this one rather than lease it, that way I can throw an ECU tune on there as well in due time.

WOW, based on the info here, there should not be that much of discounts. Anyway, well done and congratulations!
Old 05-19-2016, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c

Congrats!

Would the deal still be good if you were still leasing?
Old 05-19-2016, 04:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
MB C450 - June 2016

Congrats, but it sounds like you are leaving at least $4k on the table to ditch your C450 (should be able to get at least 16.5% off msrp with the fleet discount. New fleet likely only $500) . Is the 9G really worth taking that big a hit? Would pay for a new exhaust and tune ++++
Old 05-19-2016, 04:29 PM

Received 179 Likes on 115 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things

Good for you. Now you can go forward without worry and get the car you really wanted!

Current Fleet discount on C43 coupe is $500, subject to change between now and delivery.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by alexasa
Congrats!

Would the deal still be good if you were still leasing?
Yeah, the dealership doesn't know if I am financing or leasing...I can make the call any time up to the time I take delivery.

Originally Posted by tan70ri
Congrats, but it sounds like you are leaving at least $4k on the table to ditch your C450 (should be able to get at least 16.5% off msrp with the fleet discount. New fleet likely only $500) . Is the 9G really worth taking that big a hit? Would pay for a new exhaust and tune ++++
My deal was 10%, so I can't just show up and ask for 6.5% more off now anyway (without being a total *****). When I got the total of 13% off (incl. Fleet discount), I was told multiple times here I was a liar. I had already "left money on the table" by making a custom order which took 3 months to deliver...instead of just waiting those 3 months and taking one of the lot for a bigger discount (i.e. 16.5%+)

The $1500 reduction on fleet discount is an absolute though, but I can deal with that. The bigger issue is how much more expensive my build will be...
Old 05-19-2016, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by z28lt1
Good for you. Now you can go forward without worry and get the car you really wanted!

Current Fleet discount on C43 coupe is $500, subject to change between now and delivery.
Thanks, dude. Sucks the Fleet discount is so *****ty (compared to the $2K I had), but it is what it is.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:46 PM

2015 C300 w205

There ya go!
Old 05-19-2016, 07:13 PM

Here is the album of my order, just sent it off to the dealer:

http://imgur.com/a/rqLMG

Last edited by inhartwetrust; 05-19-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:45 PM

2015 C300 w205
Nice! Pretty much same as mine, except I am debating between silver/black CF for the trim and selenite or iridium for the exterior.

Build looks good! And I have the same pictures saved on my desktop, with each color being a wallpaper on two monitors so I can see which one grows on me haha.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Thefiverivers
Nice! Pretty much same as mine, except I am debating between silver/black CF for the trim and selenite or iridium for the exterior.

Build looks good! And I have the same pictures saved on my desktop, with each color being a wallpaper on two monitors so I can see which one grows on me haha.
Atta boy! I am locked in to the Selenite Grey, but I am still debating on the Silver or Dark Grey CF interior.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Nice. Is that CF on the center console? Do the coupes all get stainless steel for the doors?
Old 05-19-2016, 08:11 PM

2015 C300 w205
Atta boy! I am locked in to the Selenite Grey, but I am still debating on the Silver or Dark Grey CF interior.
Yeah same. It looks great with the black CF, but the silver CF is so unique and I like how it compliments the aluminum trim. The designo is a definite though, I love the details and the diamond pattern.

Selenite is a great color. The only reason I am debating on it is because I have a steel gray c300 now, and I wonder how similar they are going to be. That and the iridium always pops on a benz, especially this coupe.

I'll be going into the dealer next week and see if I can place my order and figure out what kind of deal I can get.

It would be nice to get the mbusa configurator up for the c43/c63 coupes, but for now ze german one will suffice!
Old 05-19-2016, 08:13 PM

2015 C300 w205
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Nice. Is that CF on the center console? Do the coupes all get stainless steel for the doors?
Yeah the center console has the option for black or silver CF. If by stainless steel you mean the aluminum trim on the doors, then yes you can get aluminum trim on the door. Thats the only option once you select the CF trim, but if you opted for the wood trim, etc, the door panel would match that selection.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Thefiverivers
Yeah same. It looks great with the black CF, but the silver CF is so unique and I like how it compliments the aluminum trim. The designo is a definite though, I love the details and the diamond pattern.

Selenite is a great color. The only reason I am debating on it is because I have a steel gray c300 now, and I wonder how similar they are going to be. That and the iridium always pops on a benz, especially this coupe.

I'll be going into the dealer next week and see if I can place my order and figure out what kind of deal I can get.

It would be nice to get the mbusa configurator up for the c43/c63 coupes, but for now ze german one will suffice!
Just changed mine to the Silver CF instead, agree with what you said...

edit: nevermind, girlfriend called me off on this one...dark CF it is!

Last edited by inhartwetrust; 05-19-2016 at 08:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Thefiverivers (05-19-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 09:10 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 W205
What about the brown open pore ash with the Saddle Brown?
Old 05-19-2016, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450
Your build looks great! Nice job with getting the discount on the C43. I have been inspired by all the nice deals I've read about on this website. My negotiations will be much better in 3 year's time when my lease is up.

I noticed that there is a little less brown leather in your build when compared to the C450. The center compartment at the base of the touch pad is black instead brown. In addition, the entire back seat is brown on the C450 but has a black center section on the C43 coupe.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by rustycruiser
What about the brown open pore ash with the Saddle Brown?
I think it looks fine, but if I am going classy I still think the Linden Wood looks better. For a coupe, I've gotta go sporty, hence the CF.

Originally Posted by iluvdaBenz
Your build looks great! Nice job with getting the discount on the C43. I have been inspired by all the nice deals I've read about on this website. My negotiations will be much better in 3 year's time when my lease is up.

I noticed that there is a little less brown leather in your build when compared to the C450. The center compartment at the base of the touch pad is black instead brown. In addition, the entire back seat is brown on the C450 but has a black center section on the C43 coupe.
Thanks, mate, and yes there are definitely some differences in the two. I will admit I prefer the Designo Saddle Brown with the stitching, but I'm willing to deal with this for how much better everything else looks (coupe vs sedan) and the improved performance. If they add the Designo later on before my build locks, I'll have to make a decision then...will probably come down to price. I have a certain $ amount I don't want to exceed, and I have no idea what my current build is going to cost me.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Just changed mine to the Silver CF instead, agree with what you said...

edit: nevermind, girlfriend called me off on this one...dark CF it is!
Deja Vu
Old 05-19-2016, 10:38 PM

Deja Vu
Lmao I know it man. This sales guy has to think I'm an absolute nut job at this point all changing ****.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 BMW 328i
i know if you get the black ash wood, the doors are still aluminum.

which is different than the sedan. not sure about the other trims
Old 05-19-2016, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Lmao I know it man. This sales guy has to think I'm an absolute nut job at this point all changing ****.
I'm just hoping the US configurator adds one funky trim (Hand-scraped Zebra Wood) one new designo interior color (Nappa Lavender) and an exterior color (Diamond Blueberry) so I can watch this build evolve for the next eight months.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMG-Sport is dead. C450 will now be AMG C43