C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

A couple of questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 10:10 AM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C300
A couple of questions

Hello fellow benz owners.

i have owned my 2016 zero miles C300 for exactly 1 week. love the car, but i have some questions:

my car has the sports package with the sport body, 18" amg wheels. what i'm not sure of its:
1) Sports seat, how can you tell they are the sport seats?
2) Aluminum pedals, anyone got any images? my pedals do have alluminum, but they have a lot of rubber spots.
3) Sports steering wheel: i specifically asked for HEATED steering wheel. my car was delivered with the regular Rounded steering wheel. is the sports steering wheel not available with HEAT? this is baffling to me. my paddle shifters are made of black aluminum and plastic.
The window sticker does specify a Sport steering wheel with FLAT bottom and silver paddle shifters.
Again, this might be due to me requiring heated steering wheel, but i'm not sure.

3) illuminated star, yes i paid $550 for some bling bling. any way to make this ON all the time? it's $550 for crying out loud, i want it on ALL THE TIME.
4) AIR balance= i did not get this option, but even if i didn't, shouldn't the thing be available in the glove compartment for me to just buy and install the canisters on my own?
my glove compartment does not have this at all.
5) How safe are the OEM wheel locks that came with the car? i work in a very shady area of brooklyn, NY, i've seen enough cars on bricks. Any suggestions?
6) Ionization - i've read in the manual you can turn this on or off. i cannot find this option in my car's menu. I have the multimedia package with command navi (hard drive).

Any help, suggestions are welcome!

Thank you!
Old 02-17-2016, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by NYbenzzz
Hello fellow benz owners.

1) Sports seat, how can you tell they are the sport seats?

Google is your friend...if you have the "Sport" pkg., you have them. More side bolster than the regular seats.

2) Aluminum pedals, anyone got any images? my pedals do have alluminum, but they have a lot of rubber spots.

Yep...sounds like you have them...just like I have.

3) Sports steering wheel: i specifically asked for HEATED steering wheel. my car was delivered with the regular Rounded steering wheel. is the sports steering wheel not available with HEAT? this is baffling to me. my paddle shifters are made of black aluminum and plastic.
The window sticker does specify a Sport steering wheel with FLAT bottom and silver paddle shifters.
Again, this might be due to me requiring heated steering wheel, but i'm not sure.

Right again. No heated "Sport" flat bottom steering wheel yet from Mercedes. If you wanted a heated wheel, you got a round one.

3) illuminated star, yes i paid $550 for some bling bling. any way to make this ON all the time? it's $550 for crying out loud, i want it on ALL THE TIME.

Don't waste your time over this, the LED on the Gen 2 star is much weaker than the older Gen 1 which did not come on while driving. You wouldn't see it during the day anyway. I've read though there's way's to re-wire to do this, still think it's a waste of time.

4) AIR balance= i did not get this option, but even if i didn't, shouldn't the thing be available in the glove compartment for me to just buy and install the canisters on my own? my glove compartment does not have this at all.

I've heard that the people who have this complain it takes up most of the glovebox.

5) How safe are the OEM wheel locks that came with the car? i work in a very shady area of brooklyn, NY, i've seen enough cars on bricks. Any suggestions?

I've read the stock Mercedes locks are pretty good. A "pro" will get your wheels regardless what you have.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:35 AM

2016 C300
Originally Posted by MASSC300

Don't waste your time over this, the LED on the Gen 2 star is much weaker than the older Gen 1 which did not come on while driving. You wouldn't see it during the day anyway. I've read though there's way's to re-wire to do this, still think it's a waste of time.

Thanks for your answers, gives me a piece of mind now ^^.

as far as being a waste of time....well....

a lot of people tell me a car gets you from point A to point B, so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter what you drive.

well, to a car guy, the CAR IS THE POINT.

i'm a car guy ^^
Old 02-17-2016, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG
Thanks for your answers, gives me a piece of mind now ^^.

as far as being a waste of time....well....

a lot of people tell me a car gets you from point A to point B, so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter what you drive.

well, to a car guy, the CAR IS THE POINT.

i'm a car guy ^^

I'm a car guy too.

From one car guy to another...the $550 Illuminated Star was a waste of money...I won't be choosing that option again. I'd be happy if it would also come on when the car is locked/unlocked, but no...only comes on with the headlights.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:53 AM

2016 C300
I'm a car guy too.

From one car guy to another...the $550 Illuminated Star was a waste of money...I won't be choosing that option again. I'd be happy if it would also come on when the car is locked/unlocked, but no...only comes on with the headlights.
haha true.

btw, the $550 will look like i hit the jackpot compared to the $200 i'm about to spend in order to bypass Command navi and DVD video when the car is in motion.

still contemplating if i should do it.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C300
MASSC300 did a fantastic job addressing all of your questions/concerns. Next time maybe a little pre-purchase research would have allowed for a more informed experience. I spent months on this forum, checking for all the options, doing my due diligence. Forums like these are a well of good information with informed people like homeboy above me. Welcome to the forums!
Old 02-17-2016, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG

haha true.

btw, the $550 will look like i hit the jackpot compared to the $200 i'm about to spend in order to bypass Command navi and DVD video when the car is in motion.

still contemplating if i should do it.

On a lease? No way...unless it's a real simple, safe & reversible mod.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:09 PM

2016 C300
On a lease? No way...unless it's a real simple, safe & reversible mod.
there are 2 ways of doing this.

one is via a DVD, which i have to provide vin number

other one is via OBD plug-in. i'm leaning towards this since i can ebay it or sell it here in the forums after i return the car.

both ways are 100% reversible.

Originally Posted by LateC300
MASSC300 did a fantastic job addressing all of your questions/concerns. Next time maybe a little pre-purchase research would have allowed for a more informed experience. I spent months on this forum, checking for all the options, doing my due diligence. Forums like these are a well of good information with informed people like homeboy above me. Welcome to the forums!
you are 100% correct. this was a last minute decision for me. i basically researched what the packages were and spent most of my time negotiating with 2 benz dealers and 3 insurance companies (geico had the best rates by a long mile).

i spent 4 months on the lexus forums, since i was interested in the RC350 but changed my mind when the dealers weren't willing to negotiate on the price.

Last edited by NYbenzzz; 02-17-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C300
didnt realize lexus dealers were stiff on their prices, that sucks. i guess they think people will buy their cars no matter what (seems to be true....)