C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Sausage fight at Mercedes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 12:35 AM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Sausage fight at Mercedes

I know .. a tad off-topic to the W205, but a fun read none the less

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...cedes-shareho/

Last edited by DBOC205; 04-08-2016 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C300
Ha ha ha. Thanks for sharing. What a way to start a shareholder meeting ...
Old 04-08-2016, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
That woman needs to grow up and get a life.

Oops that's me in line for slander now!
Old 04-08-2016, 03:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLB 2023
You know that woman needed those sausages for take home too
Old 04-09-2016, 12:35 AM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Wink Swabs care about their wurst.

One of my wife's grandchildren lives in Stuttgart with his mother, so I have been to Stuttgart many times. When I ordered my 2007 C280 (W203)(see below!), I could smile and tell the salesman that delivery in Sindelfingen wouldn't be out of my way, that I was going to Stuttgart anyway. One of the lesser, but welcome benefits of taking delivery in Sindelfingen is that you get either breakfast or "lunch" in the dining room of the Kundencenter (Customer Center). Many customers come directly from the airport after overnight flights, so they are ready for the traditional huge German breakfast buffet. However, my wife and I took advantage of the included one night hotel lodging at the Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin, a premium hotel conveniently located across the square from the main train station in Stuttgart. After breakfast at the hotel, we used the taxi voucher (another benefit of delivery in Germany) to take a taxi to Sindelfingen. (You can tell that I was bitterly disappointed when I found out that I would not be able to repeat this experience with my new W205 C-Class.)

I had long noticed that portions in Stuttgart restaurants are very large, especially since Swabian cuisine is even heavier than other German food. For example, the Saitenwürschtle sausages that were the subject of the fracas at the stockholders' meeting are about the thickness of American frankfurters. But they are much longer - about 12", and in most plates, two are served. However, nothing prepared me for the "lunch" that awaited me. The large plate was heaped with food, and it was a large plate. I am a big man, I like to eat, and this "lunch" was about 1:00 in the afternoon. Still, I had trouble finishing that Mercedes-Benz dinner.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:13 PM
IB Staff

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Front page news!

Ha! Thought the front page would appreciate this as well...
https://mbworld.org/articles/fight-o...older-meeting/
Old 04-12-2016, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
All it usually takes is one a$$hole to ruin it for everyone.

"The man was allegedly wrapping the sausages up to take home, and when the woman told him to stop the disagreement quickly escalated into a fracas

Free food at an event like this doesn't mean you take extra home with you...embarrassing actually coming from supposed Mercedes customers.

I hope that guy was the first one punched!
Old 04-12-2016, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MASSC300
All it usually takes is one a$$hole to ruin it for everyone.

"The man was allegedly wrapping the sausages up to take home, and when the woman told him to stop the disagreement quickly escalated into a fracas

Free food at an event like this doesn't mean you take extra home with you...embarrassing actually coming from supposed Mercedes customers.

I hope that guy was the first one punched!
Let's face it, it's not serious it's just a guy helping himself, in all of life's issues... Well I'd just laugh. The issue is with a woman that would make it a huge problem and then also bring charges for deformation, she is the one with an issue. It's just a few sausages.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by ManiacGT

Let's face it, it's not serious it's just a guy helping himself, in all of life's issues... Well I'd just laugh. The issue is with a woman that would make it a huge problem and then also bring charges for deformation, she is the one with an issue. It's just a few sausages.

I don't see it this way. All I see is some cheap jerkoff taking more than his fare share of food...possibly denying some one else at the event from getting any at all. Selfish pri**.

Penny-pinching leeches like that jerk...a Mercedes share holder & possibly Mercedes owner no less...should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Man there are things to get worked up over in life... Sausages aren't one of them.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:23 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 CLK 320 cabriolet
Thank God there was no schnitzel!
Old 04-12-2016, 05:16 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C300
Man there are things to get worked up over in life... Sausages aren't one of them.
it depends on what kind of sausages we talking about here........

i've seen plenty of women fight for smaller sausages than these if you know what i mean.........LOL
Old 04-12-2016, 05:28 PM

Talking The cheap side of Mercedes

I don't see it this way. All I see is some cheap jerkoff taking more than his fare share of food...possibly denying some one else at the event from getting any at all. Selfish pri**.
Penny-pinching leeches like that jerk...a Mercedes share holder & possibly Mercedes owner no less...should be ashamed of themselves.
In Germany, the "penny-pinching Mercedes owner" is part of the Mercedes image. There are actually two images of Mercedes. The first image is the one familiar to Americans, the one that MASS300 believes the sausage theft in Berlin disgraces. That is the image of the black S-class coming up behind you on the Autobahn with lights flashing, at 180 km/hour (112 mph). The second image is the old, slow 190D ahead of you on the Landesstrasse (secondary road). The German stereotype of the driver of that 190D is that he (always he!) will be a retired "Beamter" (German public official, which includes teachers). He will be sitting bolt upright and WEARING A HAT!

In fact, when we were waiting for delivery of our new Mercedes in Sindelfingen in Sept. 2006, we noticed that the other customers waiting for their new Mercedes were not upper class at all. They were all German bargain hunters. (Germans, too, can save a lot by taking delivery in Sindelfingen.) They and their wives were wearing the old, worn-out clothes that farmers would wear when going to town. My wife called them "rich peasants".
Old 04-12-2016, 10:50 PM

Received 136 Likes on 104 Posts
2015 ML350+2021 E350

What's the big deal.

1. When she starts playing sausage vigilante, how do we know the poor guy didn't have permission, or that it isn't common practice. Regardless, it's only a couple of sausages, provided "free" to shareholder who attended the meeting. If she doesn't want any of the leftovers, just shut up and sit down.

2. If she's so upset about it, tell someone in authority. Who anointed her the sausage police. Her approach is anarchy, and a big mouth.

Just can't imagine getting that upset about a couple of freakin hotdogs.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
+1
Old 04-12-2016, 11:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 C250
.... All I see is some cheap jerkoff taking more than his fare share of food...
....The issue is with a woman that would make it a huge problem and then also bring charges for deformation, .....
Rich enough to buy Daimler shares but not rich enough to buy some german sausages but have to deform others too. May be they are going back to their roots... hail H
Old 04-13-2016, 01:38 AM

Angry Jokes about the Third Reich?

Originally Posted by jesydney
Rich enough to buy Daimler shares but not rich enough to buy some german sausages but have to deform[sic] others too. May be they are going back to their roots... hail H
If that crack about Germans "going back to their roots... hail H" means what I think it means, it and you have no place in this blog. If I am wrong, please correct me, and I apologize in advance. However, I cannot think of an alternative meaning. That remark certainly is not about cars. Besides, this is a subject with which a writer has an obligation to be very careful to avoid even unintentional misunderstandings.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 C250
Originally Posted by gfmohn
If that crack about Germans "going back to their roots... hail H" means what I think it means, it and you have no place in this blog. If I am wrong, please correct me, and I apologize in advance. However, I cannot think of an alternative meaning. That remark certainly is not about cars. Besides, this is a subject with which a writer has an obligation to be very careful to avoid even unintentional misunderstandings.
I apologize, to all..
not meant to be anything but jest. Let my fingers off before my brains kicked in. Accept your chastisement.

I am not taking the sausage incident seriously. I, on occasion have wrap some buns back from chinese wedding dinners.

Last edited by jesydney; 04-13-2016 at 04:35 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:05 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
yes

Originally Posted by gfmohn
don't know you Sir, but we do have FREE SPEECH here in the states/////
Old 04-13-2016, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Cao Black
What's the big deal.

1. When she starts playing sausage vigilante, how do we know the poor guy didn't have permission, or that it isn't common practice. Regardless, it's only a couple of sausages, provided "free" to shareholder who attended the meeting. If she doesn't want any of the leftovers, just shut up and sit down.

2. If she's so upset about it, tell someone in authority. Who anointed her the sausage police. Her approach is anarchy, and a big mouth.

Just can't imagine getting that upset about a couple of freakin hotdogs.

Funny how you and I see this scenario totally different.

All I see is a greedy cheap self-centered a-hole taking more than his fare share of food, and not caring if anyone else at the event gets any.

And when this cheap pig got called out on it, he got all bent.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:54 AM

Free speech is not an absolute right

Originally Posted by hyperion667
don't know you Sir, but we do have FREE SPEECH here in the states/////
If you are referring to the 1rst amendment to the U.S. Constitution. that amendment affects only the U.S. Congress: "CONGRESS shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech. [emphasis added]" Similar provisions in State constitutions likewise affect only their respective state legislatures. None of these constitutional provisions affect private individuals or institutions. Many laws do protect free speech in private situations. However, they are usually specific to a particular subject, and they vary widely from state to state. I doubt if any law, federal or state, restricts moderators of blogs from shutting down commenters to whose speech they object, for any reason or even no reason at all.

Now that I have replied to your comment, one round should be enough. This is a car blog. If you believe I have made a serious error of fact, you can send a private message. (This suggestion also applies to third parties who might want to comment.)
Old 04-13-2016, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG
First Amendment:

"The most basic component of freedom of expression is the right of freedom of speech. The right to freedom of speech allows individuals to express themselves without interference or constraint by the government. The Supreme Court requires the government to provide substantial justification for the interference with the right of free speech where it attempts to regulate the content of the speech. A less stringent test is applied for content-neutral legislation. The Supreme Court has also recognized that the government may prohibit some speech that may cause a breach of the peace or cause violence. For more on unprotected and less protected categories of speech see advocacy of illegal action, fighting words, commercial speech and obscenity. The right to free speech includes other mediums of expression that communicate a message. The level of protection speech receives also depends on the forum in which it takes place."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/first_amendment