C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Not even 400 miles on the car......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 06:33 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Current: 2019 C43 Old: 2016 C450
Not even 400 miles on the car......

And some chick rear ended me! I was stopped because the lady in front was stopped waiting for a pedestrian to cross. Person behind wasn't paying attention or something because I was sitting for a good 3 or 4 sec and then BOOM! Rear and front damage. She didn't even try to stop either. I almost choked the dumb ***** out!

Anyways the car is at the shop and gotta go through the whole insurance thing. Pretty pissed about it but no one seriously hurt.
Attached Thumbnails Not even 400 miles on the car......-img_7243.jpg   Not even 400 miles on the car......-img_7244.jpg   Not even 400 miles on the car......-img_7238.jpg   Not even 400 miles on the car......-img_7239.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Gungaslow (04-13-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 298 Posts
EQ
That really sucks, glad no serious injuries.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
That's a serious bummer. If you have any questions/issues with the insurance end, I was an auto claims adjuster for ten years. PM me or post.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mike5215
That's a serious bummer. If you have any questions/issues with the insurance end, I was an auto claims adjuster for ten years. PM me or post.
Thanks Mike. If anything comes up with the process I'll let you know.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C Class 200 sport petrol auto
I guess you also sustained a whiplash injury. Time to sue the driver after you visit the doctor with your sore neck.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:54 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C 180 AMG Sportline W205
Hahaha.. USA and their lawsuits for small and trivial issues. "Land of the brave" my a**

See it on the bright side - it's better than having someone scratching up your car in a parking lot and they don't leave a note, and no witnesses...
Old 04-14-2016, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Bummer. Fortunately it seems confined to the plasticwork & crush struture under it.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by megaoctane

Hahaha.. USA and their lawsuits for small and trivial issues. "Land of the brave" my a**
Then why did the U.S. recently have to send F-15s over to your neck of the woods (Iceland & Finland) to help protect your asses? Where's your air force?

Last edited by MASSC450; 04-14-2016 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Insurance will cover all the damage, and the car will be fine after you get it back from the body shop. No structural damage, no injuries ... the anger and frustration will go away with time. There's nothing else you can do about it.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C450
That blows. Hopefully it get's fixed as good as new.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl 203 kompressrincharted coupe
Originally Posted by evoi19
And some chick rear ended me! I was stopped because the lady in front was stopped waiting for a pedestrian to cross. Person behind wasn't paying attention or something because I was sitting for a good 3 or 4 sec and then BOOM! Rear and front damage. She didn't even try to stop either. I almost choked the dumb ***** out!

Anyways the car is at the shop and gotta go through the whole insurance thing. Pretty pissed about it but no one seriously hurt.
Dead brain was probably on her phone or looking at herself in the mirror
Sorry to hear about this doesn't really get any worse
Billy from Ireland
Old 04-14-2016, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
It's not unusual to feel fine on the day of the accident because you're all adrenalized from the event, and then feel stiff and sore the next morning. Soft tissue injuries are actual injuries but there's no treatment other than time and maybe some ice and ibuprofen.

I actually got nailed in a rear ender myself while working as an adjuster and I instantly understood that most people who claim whiplash aren't faking. It really does hurt for a few weeks.

People get lawyers because they're upset about the car, they're sore, and they see endless lawyer ads on TV about needing a lawyer if you get in an accident. Once they're in the system they're stuck even though by the time the case is ripe to settle they've been fully recovered for months.

When I was an adjuster and we had a non-repped bodily injury claim we had some latitude to pay a little extra if there was a dispute about the car repair (or value of it totaled) and also cash out money for the injury.

I'd let claimants know up front that they had four years from the date of the accident to sue if they felt they needed to, but if they did not get represented and felt better in a month or two I could still pay them something to buy a release. Most carriers will do a cash out, between $500 and $1500 plus any unpaid medical expenses, but they won't advertise it. Just be aware of that option.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
I actually got nailed in a rear ender myself... It really does hurt for a few weeks.
My immature quote of the day, check!

Seriously though, it looks like no metal work was touched, only plastic. You will get a brand new bumper cover and bumper, exhaust tip, etc. In the end, looks like everything on the car will be just like new with no bodywork... Only thing is you're going to have a shop-painted bumper instead of factory painted, they will probably have to blend into the quarter panels but no big deal... Could have been much worse! Glad nobody was hurt...
Old 04-14-2016, 08:49 AM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by megaoctane
what in the f__k????????

i'm not american and i find your post idiotic. Why talk ***** about an entire country when it's just greedy lawyers doing their thing?

"land of the brave" <---don't forget if it wasn't for the Americans most of your beatiful country would have been ran over by the germans. Instead, you get to drive a beatiful German car.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Originally Posted by nvestr

Seriously though, it looks like no metal work was touched, only plastic. You will get a brand new bumper cover and bumper, exhaust tip, etc. In the end, looks like everything on the car will be just like new with no bodywork... Only thing is you're going to have a shop-painted bumper instead of factory painted, they will probably have to blend into the quarter panels but no big deal... Could have been much worse! Glad nobody was hurt...
After being painfully rear ended, later that same day I was in a car accident. Really bad day.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mike5215:
aambulo (04-14-2016), jester4 (04-14-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 09:25 AM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
2016 c450 / 2016 VW Jetta 1.8t / 2006 Wrangler X
It looks like you have some damage to the exhaust system... Maybe this would be a good time to upgrade to a throatier system.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:49 PM

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. There's really nothing I can do about the whole thing but go through the insurance process. The whole ordeal is a pain, but on the bright side is that i'll be on vacation starting next week for 10 days. So by the time I get back the car will be ready.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by nvestr

Yea it looks like both front and rear bumpers and everything underneath. I called my dealer to ask which shop they outsource to and took my car there. It's literally across the street from my dealer so it works out. The shop is super clean and professional and they have a several MB's in the back.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:58 PM

It's not unusual to feel fine on the day of the accident because you're all adrenalized from the event, and then feel stiff and sore the next morning. Soft tissue injuries are actual injuries but there's no treatment other than time and maybe some ice and ibuprofen.

I actually got nailed in a rear ender myself while working as an adjuster and I instantly understood that most people who claim whiplash aren't faking. It really does hurt for a few weeks.

People get lawyers because they're upset about the car, they're sore, and they see endless lawyer ads on TV about needing a lawyer if you get in an accident. Once they're in the system they're stuck even though by the time the case is ripe to settle they've been fully recovered for months.

When I was an adjuster and we had a non-repped bodily injury claim we had some latitude to pay a little extra if there was a dispute about the car repair (or value of it totaled) and also cash out money for the injury.

I'd let claimants know up front that they had four years from the date of the accident to sue if they felt they needed to, but if they did not get represented and felt better in a month or two I could still pay them something to buy a release. Most carriers will do a cash out, between $500 and $1500 plus any unpaid medical expenses, but they won't advertise it. Just be aware of that option.
It's odd because I've been in worse accidents and walked away fine, but for this one, I have constant headaches and I think I do have whiplash. I brought it up with my insurance adjuster and a separate person will be in contact that specializes in medical claims. I don't want to drag this out and lawyer up though. I rather just have my medical expenses paid and payout for 'pain and suffering'. haha
Old 04-14-2016, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Don't lawyer up yet. I'll walk you thru a cash out on the injury if it comes to that. Meanwhile the fact you're sore and have no lawyer gives the adjuster incentive to do things right on the property damage. What state do you live in and who's the other guy insured with?
Old 04-14-2016, 09:18 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
I was rear ended in my Honda Accord last year at a red light by a truck and a tractor trailer. The lawsuit is still going but the payout will be yuuuuuuuuuugge! well not that yyyyuuuuge but enough for a handful of GTSs.

But seriously, the case gets dragged out for years, mine has been ongoing for 1.75yrs and counting since there was not one but two trucks that rear ended me. So i have two parties to sue, for both me and my father who was the passenger.

If you are going this route, be prepared for countless doctors appointments, chiro, PT, possibly surgery (which I underwent) along with several cortisone epidurals, and on top of that be prepared for numerous "independent medical exams" or IMEs and then comes the depositions of all parties involved and finally the juicy litigation, or trial, usually it never makes it to trial tho. Let's hope mine doesn't
Old 04-14-2016, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Well regardless of the number of co defendants the value of the injury doesn't change. Chiro cases aren't worth much, and the epidural steroid injections add some value but not a ton. The surgery would be the rainmaker depending on what it was, and what residual impairment there was.

A multiple level fusion with fixation hardware would have pretty significant value for example. A micro diskectomy would have less.

Obviously the carriers disagree with the lawyers on valuation or it would have settled. What was the surgery?

Last edited by Mike5215; 04-14-2016 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL550 , E350, Ferrari 458 Spider
All of the above probably due to some dumb *** texting or on the phone BAAAAD
Old 04-15-2016, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
I was rear ended in my Honda Accord last year at a red light by a truck and a tractor trailer. The lawsuit is still going but the payout will be yuuuuuuuuuugge! well not that yyyyuuuuge but enough for a handful of GTSs.

But seriously, the case gets dragged out for years, mine has been ongoing for 1.75yrs and counting since there was not one but two trucks that rear ended me. So i have two parties to sue, for both me and my father who was the passenger.

If you are going this route, be prepared for countless doctors appointments, chiro, PT, possibly surgery (which I underwent) along with several cortisone epidurals, and on top of that be prepared for numerous "independent medical exams" or IMEs and then comes the depositions of all parties involved and finally the juicy litigation, or trial, usually it never makes it to trial tho. Let's hope mine doesn't
Man, sounds like it's an ordeal in itself. I'm not trying to go that route. I don't have the time nor the patience to go through all that. I just want my bills paid (which they will be) and a reasonable compensation.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
I actually have a little medical malpractice case going on. Surgeon doing my back surgery last year slipped the drill and tore the dura (the protective sheath for the spinal cord). Not uncommon, usually not a big deal.

But when he tried to suture the dura it kept shredding. So he put a patch on it, which had to stay free of spinal fluid for three days while it took. Not a big deal. They put a temporary spinal fluid drain in and I had to lay flat on my back for a week in ICU so the drain could be monitored. A drag but whatever.

On the 3rd day I realized I had no sensation on the left side of my junk. Told the attending doc, he just shrugged his shoulders. Later that night I explored further and realized I had no sensation on my left side trunk at all. Told the night nurse and requested a neuro consult. He told me the neurology staff had all gone home for the night.

Told my surgeon the next morning. He wrote it off as post surgical swelling compressing some nerves. No exam, and no tests. The next day I realized I couldn't urinate. My surgeon was puzzled but not concerned, gave me a temporary cath and pee bag and discharged me. Told me to follow up next week with my urologist.

What had actually happened was the spinal drain had become positioned to where it was compressing the nerves that provide genital sensation and bladder function. It's known as Cauda Equina Syndrome. If the compression is relieved promptly, it's reversible. If not, it's permanent.

So now, at 55 and otherwise healthy, I need to catheratize myself 4x a day to pee, and have no sensation on half my pecker, which I gotta tell ya can really curtail your sex life. My wife is in her 40's.

Anyway, I have a little med mal case going against the surgeon and the hospital for failure to diagnose CES.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Not even 400 miles on the car......