C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

COMAND 10.25" Screen Upgrades

Old 08-04-2016, 12:39 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Originally Posted by JafG
Calibrating did it! Awesome thanks. I'm not sure why you didn't have to log in the extra cable... But now that I did it recognizes when the door is opened so that's great. I'm really happy with the system!
Oh, that's cool. I did, but didn't get the audio out of Aux, so I took it out. Will put it back in though. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it, especially when I also get navigation with it. Did you try out HDMI? I plugged in my miracast, and my laptop, but it still said no signal. Don't know if I have a defective cable or if it just doesn't work. Let me know what you find.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:57 PM

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
c300 w205
Originally Posted by huyuci
Oh, that's cool. I did, but didn't get the audio out of Aux, so I took it out. Will put it back in though. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it, especially when I also get navigation with it. Did you try out HDMI? I plugged in my miracast, and my laptop, but it still said no signal. Don't know if I have a defective cable or if it just doesn't work. Let me know what you find.
I should receive the mini hdmi today. I'll try a chrome cast on there see if it works
Old 08-04-2016, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 471 Posts
2016 C300
COMAND is spelled correctly. It's an acronym for Cockpit Management And Data. Giant screen looks pretty cool BTW. Nice mod, especially for the guys who skipped the $2800 Multi Media Package.

Between this and the A20 audio upgrade...
The following users liked this post:
eddieo45 (02-19-2020)
Old 08-04-2016, 06:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C300
definitely a cool mod if you didnt pay for the upgraded system already. good job!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:25 PM

c300 w205
So I can report that my hdmi doesn't work either.
But there's a very strange phenomena that maybe someone here can help with. When I plug in the chromecast stick and THEN power it it'll give me artifacts for a few seconds then goes back to "no signal'.
This tells me the hdmi ports can read a signal and maybe can't decode it?
Old 08-04-2016, 11:31 PM

c300
So I can report that my hdmi doesn't work either.
But there's a very strange phenomena that maybe someone here can help with. When I plug in the chromecast stick and THEN power it it'll give me artifacts for a few seconds then goes back to "no signal'.
This tells me the hdmi ports can read a signal and maybe can't decode it?
You should ask the seller. I did ask him, but haven't got an answer yet. If we put pressure on him, maybe we'll get a solution.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:37 PM

c300 w205
You should ask the seller. I did ask him, but haven't got an answer yet. If we put pressure on him, maybe we'll get a solution.
Yeah I asked him. He answered me back and is looking into it.
I'll keep you updated with what he says. Your seller is us.1store right?
Old 08-08-2016, 01:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
C200 4matic
I don't think it's changeable. I tried all the menus and didn't see anything that would change it. It's probably hardcoded.
Anyway, I got the sound to work. It's actually thru the FM channel you set in the menu. So, I got a package that has a huge high def touch screen that can play videos and can also do GPS navigation. It's a "huugge" bargain

I'm loving it. Here's my video. I'll upload another when I put everything together with screen mirror and TV tuner.
Mercedes C300 w205 multimedia 12inch LCD upgrade - YouTube
Old 08-08-2016, 04:12 PM

c300
Originally Posted by Mike5215
COMAND is spelled correctly. It's an acronym for Cockpit Management And Data. Giant screen looks pretty cool BTW. Nice mod, especially for the guys who skipped the $2800 Multi Media Package.

Between this and the A20 audio upgrade...
It's awesome. It's like having a big screen TV in the car.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'15 Black w205 C300, '02 E46 M3, '94 FD3S RX7
Does anyone know FOR SURE (not the standard pulled out of their *** guess that often occurs here) if this will or will not work with cars already equipped with the MM package?
auditoamg (08-26-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 02:07 PM

c300
Originally Posted by Str8Down
Does anyone know FOR SURE (not the standard pulled out of their *** guess that often occurs here) if this will or will not work with cars already equipped with the MM package?
Geez, man. You're asking for information, but you're acting like people owe you something. Nobody here owes you ****. If you want to know FOR SURE, go try it yourself.
The following 2 users liked this post by huyuci:
eddieo45 (02-19-2020), guhvies (09-04-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 03:54 PM

I'm not acting like anything. I'm simply stating i don't want guesses. I see so much misinformation on here its ridiculous. I'm simply asking if anyone knows for sure, because if I had not stated that, there would have been an immediate reply with information that they had heard from someone who heard from someone, that eventuality became forum lore.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Benz
Geez, man. You're asking for information, but you're acting like people owe you something. Nobody here owes you ****. If you want to know FOR SURE, go try it yourself.
eddieo45 (02-19-2020)
Old 08-09-2016, 04:08 PM

c300
I'm not acting like anything. I'm simply stating i don't want guesses. I see so much misinformation on here its ridiculous. I'm simply asking if anyone knows for sure, because if I had not stated that, there would have been an immediate reply with information that they had heard from someone who heard from someone, that eventuality became forum lore.
Sure. Next time when you're lost and want to ask for direction, flag down someone and try this: "Hey, how do I get to Times Squares? If you don't know for sure, then don't yap your big mouth, ok? Last thing I want is for you to just pull an answer out of your ***". I'm sure it'd work wonder.
eddieo45 (02-19-2020)
Old 08-09-2016, 08:25 PM

c300 w205
I was thinking the same thing...
eddieo45 (02-19-2020)
Old 08-09-2016, 11:44 PM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
C300 S205 AMG, GLA 45 AMG
I read it the same way...
People are more responsive to a polite and humble request....
eddieo45 (02-19-2020)
Old 08-10-2016, 09:52 AM

Sure. Next time when you're lost and want to ask for direction, flag down someone and try this: "Hey, how do I get to Times Squares? If you don't know for sure, then don't yap your big mouth, ok? Last thing I want is for you to just pull an answer out of your ***". I'm sure it'd work wonder.
Maybe I would if it was very common for them to make crap up when they don't know. But since I would have no experience with them in that situation, I wouldn't. In this instance, I have a lot of experience with propagated misinformation.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:58 AM

c300 w205
Maybe I would if it was very common for them to make crap up when they don't know. But since I would have no experience with them in that situation, I wouldn't. In this instance, I have a lot of experience with propagated misinformation.
As you've noticed you're going to get a lot of pushback. I'm just curious, if you're so doubtful about the reliability of the information from the source you're seeking it from, why seek it from that source? You took it upon yourself to come to this source, unless someone forced you. I'm assuming you actually want an answer to your question and are not trolling.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:57 AM

As you've noticed you're going to get a lot of pushback. I'm just curious, if you're so doubtful about the reliability of the information from the source you're seeking it from, why seek it from that source? You took it upon yourself to come to this source, unless someone forced you. I'm assuming you actually want an answer to your question and are not trolling.
Because if I preface it as I did, I assume it will only be answered by someone who knows for sure.

I guess I could have asked simply, then gotten a yes or no, then had to reply to that asking how they know, then received some "the adapter is different", then I ask how do you know, then tons of back and forth. But the only people who would be offended by the way I asked, are typical political correctness, looking for reasons to be offended type people, or people who are pulling the answers from the A$$. Anyone who truely knows the answer, wouldn't care.

Clearly, quite a few of you fit into the prior category, and are just looking for reasons to be offended as is so typical these days.
auditoamg (08-26-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 12:22 PM

c300 w205
Well obviously your assumption is incorrect. So is your assumption of people being offended. I personally have no emotion towards your post besides being curious if you were actually trying to get an answer. Pretty sure everyone else reading you will go about their day completely unbothered. I'm the mentor type so I like giving my unsolicited 2 cents.
As far as political correctness a) as a (recently) discharged NCO in the United States Army I can assure you your post is very low on what would offend me and what I would consider "politically incorrect" (ie retarded) , so you can try that line on somebody else, and b) here's a non politically correct statement: If you ask a question like a d*ckwand, don't expect anything other than d*ckwand answers back.
If you actually wanted an answer then yes you would have asked simply than waited on an answer. Cause like mentioned earlier the world doesn't owe you sh*t. Those with th answer already have it. Giving it to you will not make them feel better about themselves.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:39 PM

c300
But the only people who would be offended by the way I asked, are typical political correctness, looking for reasons to be offended type people.
"Many people said" that it's about manner, not political correctness.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C300 4MATIC
Ugh this looks so neat but I can't bring myself to buy it. I love that the Chinese are willing to play around and develop small-market products like this, but it just seems to lack the polish needed for me to install this in my car. The white menu icons look so antiquated and don't match their otherwise decent attempt at mimicking COMAND. Not to mention the weird misspellings. I wonder if we can find the manufacturer and convince them to add Fahrenheit and change a few of the errors. I'll even offer to get more modern icons designed. LOL.

A few questions:

1) I assume only the real MB COMAND screen is controllable by the center-console controller, right? Secondly, am I correct in assuming that the real COMAND screen can be on the right? Or does it always need to be tiny on the left?
2) Since there is no AUX output, audio out is controlled by the FM tuner, correct? Is it somehow wired and tricking the main COMAND system, or is it an awful FM transmitter? Like, on a handheld radio, can you get the signal inside the car too? If it is wired, theoretically, you could get much higher quality audio than Bluetooth using Miracast and Wi-Fi on your phone.
3) Running winCE it looks like? Does iGo take 20 sec to launch like in the video every single time? Or did it just take longer because that was the first time opening it? Can it automatically start the GPS app when you turn the car on instead of having to hit the navigation button?
4) Would one of you mind doing a full-interface walkthrough? Would be interested in several of the features/buttons/menus/options that aren't well described on the eBay page that I've seen in both of your videos.

Thanks!

Last edited by SnazzyLabs; 08-12-2016 at 05:14 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:45 AM

c300 w205
Originally Posted by SnazzyLabs
Ugh this looks so neat but I can't bring myself to buy it. I love that the Chinese are willing to play around and develop small-market products like this, but it just seems to lack the polish needed for me to install this in my car. The white menu icons look so antiquated and don't match their otherwise decent attempt at mimicking COMAND. Not to mention the weird misspellings. I wonder if we can find the manufacturer and convince them to add Fahrenheit and change a few of the errors. I'll even offer to get more modern icons designed. LOL.

A few questions:

1) I assume only the real MB COMAND screen is controllable by the center-console controller, right? Secondly, am I correct in assuming that the real COMAND screen can be on the right? Or does it always need to be tiny on the left?
2) Since there is no AUX output, audio out is controlled by the FM tuner, correct? Is it somehow wired and tricking the main COMAND system, or is it an awful FM transmitter? Like, on a handheld radio, can you get the signal inside the car too? If it is wired, theoretically, you could get much higher quality audio than Bluetooth using Miracast and Wi-Fi on your phone.
3) Running winCE it looks like? Does iGo take 20 sec to launch like in the video every single time? Or did it just take longer because that was the first time opening it? Can it automatically start the GPS app when you turn the car on instead of having to hit the navigation button?
4) Would one of you mind doing a full-interface walkthrough? Would be interested in several of the features/buttons/menus/options that aren't well described on the eBay page that I've seen in both of your videos.

Thanks!
Some of the interface does look a little clumsy but what you see most of the time actually looks pretty good. I'll answer the questions I have answers to:
1. Yes only the real COMAND is controllable via the car, everything else is touchscreen only.The real COMAND screen can be one the right or the left. I have mine setup on the right it's nice because if you setup screen mirroring than it automatically switches to the COMAND screeen on the left.

2. I haven't tried playing video so I'll let others chime in. I did however connect what seemed like audio connectors (the red white and yellow connections). So as soon as I have more time I'm going to test them out and report back.

3. It does seem like Windows CE. I have the MB GPS so I don't have Igo. And no it doesn't come preloaded with it but you can put it on any sd card and insert it.

4. I'll make a video this afternoon if no one beats me to it by then. Let me know if there is anything specific you want me to show.

i hope this helps

Last edited by JafG; 08-12-2016 at 11:17 AM.
wogga (09-24-2017)
Old 08-12-2016, 11:38 AM

c300
Originally Posted by SnazzyLabs

A few questions:

Thanks!
Let me put it this way. When you started with 0, any plus would be, well, exactly what it is, a plus. I started with a tiny screen with no gps, no video capability. This gives me all that. So for me, it's a huge plus. The money that I'd spend on a Garmin sd card would be the same as this. So, instead of getting Garmin GPS only, I get an equivalent of Garmin, plus a bigger screen, plus video. If you already have Comand or MM package, there should be no reason to buy this. I repeat, absolutely no reason to buy it. In fact, I'd be happy to swap
To answer your question:
2) Yes, the audio for the video would be on FM. It's not CD quality, but it's FM quality and honestly, I couldn't feel the difference. Theoretically, you could hard wire it, but it'd require you to know which wire to hardwire. The seller did say that I'd have to bring it to a shop for that. About mirracast, I think it's a no go because of the HDMI not working. You could do it via the composite video, but I've done it before and the quality is really ****ty.
3) Yes, it's indeed WinCE. The iGo took that long because it was running on a USB. If it's on microSD, it'd be a little faster. And once it's loaded, you can just go back to it. You can set it up to automatically start iGO, but you'd have to to switch to GPS first. If I remember correctly, it'd show the last screen you're on when you start the car. Btw, the original Navigation button on the car won't work because it's part of the original screen. You'd have to navigate to GPS from the menu.

Last edited by huyuci; 08-12-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:45 AM

c300 w205
Here's a quick unedited rough video. Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I hoe it helps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-t...ew?usp=sharing
The following 5 users liked this post by JafG:
jemofe (08-25-2016), medkm (09-15-2016), rustycruiser (08-12-2016), Seanix (09-08-2016), SnazzyLabs (08-12-2016)

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: COMAND 10.25" Screen Upgrades