Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C Class (W205)
Burmester Speaker Grille/Cover Removal >

Burmester Speaker Grille/Cover Removal

Notices
C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Burmester Speaker Grille/Cover Removal

 
Old 08-09-2016, 12:54 AM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
c63 AMG
Burmester Speaker Grille/Cover Removal

Hi all,

I need advice on removing the burmester speaker grille/cover on the drivers door of a mercedes w205. Anyone tried it ?

I have a slight dent on the grille that i want to pop put, or perhaps i can pull out the dent without removing the speaker grille ? Hope im not the first to dent it

Thanks in advanced for your feedback.

C63sGTR is offline  
Old 08-11-2016, 01:38 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
exdes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 502
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 C300 4matic
I also have the same problem. Dealer said the door panel has to be taken out in order to push out the dent.
exdes is offline  
Old 08-11-2016, 01:53 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,653
Thanked 490 Times in 425 Posts
2016 C300
Yeah, you need to pull the door panel. Both of mine got dented when we replaced the speakers.
Mike5215 is offline  
Old 08-11-2016, 03:22 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 1,255
Thanked 141 Times in 110 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I just used hot glue and pulled it from the outside.. It actually came out great
Gungaslow is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Gungaslow For This Useful Post:
C63sGTR (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 03:37 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMG 17GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ATLANTA
Posts: 2,796
Thanked 208 Times in 179 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by C63sGTR View Post
Hi all,

I need advice on removing the burmester speaker grille/cover on the drivers door of a mercedes w205. Anyone tried it ?

I have a slight dent on the grille that i want to pop put, or perhaps i can pull out the dent without removing the speaker grille ? Hope im not the first to dent it

Thanks in advanced for your feedback.

Are there speakers behind that grill?
AMG 17GT is offline  
Old 08-11-2016, 06:32 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,653
Thanked 490 Times in 425 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
I just used hot glue and pulled it from the outside.. It actually came out great
That's genius!
Mike5215 is offline  
Old 08-11-2016, 06:32 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,653
Thanked 490 Times in 425 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Are there speakers behind that grill?
There should be a crappy 4" speaker behind that lovely grille.
Mike5215 is offline  
Old 08-11-2016, 08:15 PM
  #8  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
c63 AMG
I called the dealership and they mentioned the silver panel must come off, not the whole door trim. The speaker grille is clipped onto the silver panel surrounding it. Also to order a new grille costs $165 Aus dollars and takes 3-4 weeks manufacturing and shipping from Germany.

Honestly I don't remember denting it, I'm very **** with my interior. Weird.
C63sGTR is offline  
Old 08-11-2016, 10:43 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,653
Thanked 490 Times in 425 Posts
2016 C300
They're made of tin foil. It'll pop right back.
Mike5215 is offline  
Old 08-17-2016, 01:03 AM
  #10  
Super Member
 
exdes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 502
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 C300 4matic
Originally Posted by Mike5215 View Post
They're made of tin foil. It'll pop right back.
Do you know how to take off the door panels?
exdes is offline  
Old 08-17-2016, 06:49 PM
  #11  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Posts: 129
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
E350e W213
vladarh is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to vladarh For This Useful Post:
exdes (08-18-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 01:58 PM
  #12  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 208
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
2016 C300 4MATIC
Did you ever figure out a way to pull out the dent in the speaker?? Just got mine dented and I'm trying to fix it.. Really sad day haha...
alyshehata is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 01:31 PM
  #13  
Junior Member
 
C43_AMG_NJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 30
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Does anyone know how to remove those small panels that hold the speaker covers, I have new carbon fiber door panels and don't want to remove the entire door panel. Thanks
C43_AMG_NJ is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 03:56 PM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,653
Thanked 490 Times in 425 Posts
2016 C300
The speaker grille clips can only be accessed from behind by removing the door panel.
Mike5215 is offline  
Old 07-31-2017, 11:44 AM
  #15  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 692
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
my rear passenger side has a dent from a box i think, any way to fix without taking door panel off and if i dont have a glue gun? picked up an air conditioner for my girlfriend while my car was already full with a bike so slammed the door shut about 2 months ago, but just noticed it..
topsider is offline  
Old 07-31-2017, 08:11 PM
  #16  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 609
Thanked 85 Times in 77 Posts
2017 C43
This happened to me too, I used a dental pick. Its small enough to go through the holes and you can start pulling from there. Just pull lightly, the grill is soft and you might have to do a few holes to let it get back to its original shape. Try your local drug stores, sometimes even walmart sells it. It really worked for me... good luck folks!

mo11 is offline  
Old 07-31-2017, 08:23 PM
  #17  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 609
Thanked 85 Times in 77 Posts
2017 C43
Here are a few more pics...



mo11 is offline  
Old 08-01-2017, 01:31 PM
  #18  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 692
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
thanks! my dent is huge, like 50% of the grille, ill give this a try!
topsider is offline  
Old 03-07-2018, 06:27 PM
  #19  
Newbie
 
Unshifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
N/A
This message was copied/pasted from a March 7, 2018 message titled "Concerning The Burmester Speaker Grille Dents ..."

********** **********

Good day, people. I'm new on this website (perhaps obviously).

Close to a year after this topic started, senior member mo11 posted two messages that seemed helpful.

I just wish that I knew what tool it is that mo11 (or whoever) is using in the photos on the Burmester speaker grille.

In full disclosure (and at the risk of wasting people's time), I state that my dented-grille problem is that of dented boombox grilles. That's right: portable items scores, if not hundreds of times less expensive than the fine autos expressly or implicitly featured on this website. But, hey, when a guy is desperate ...

Anyway, perhaps it is obvious, but the grilles of the speakers that I have in mind are probably much stiffer than the grilles of the high-end vehicle sound systems dealt with here. Something tells me that the Dentek Pick & Scaler set recommended by mo11, intriguing as it is, will not work well. But perhaps the apparently all-steel tool in the same date's trio of pictures will work. If I can just ID the exact type of tool, the brand, the model, etc. …
Unshifter is offline  
Old 03-09-2018, 11:35 AM
  #20  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 609
Thanked 85 Times in 77 Posts
2017 C43
Originally Posted by Unshifter View Post
This message was copied/pasted from a March 7, 2018 message titled "Concerning The Burmester Speaker Grille Dents ..."

********** **********

Good day, people. I'm new on this website (perhaps obviously).

Close to a year after this topic started, senior member mo11 posted two messages that seemed helpful.

I just wish that I knew what tool it is that mo11 (or whoever) is using in the photos on the Burmester speaker grille.

In full disclosure (and at the risk of wasting people's time), I state that my dented-grille problem is that of dented boombox grilles. That's right: portable items scores, if not hundreds of times less expensive than the fine autos expressly or implicitly featured on this website. But, hey, when a guy is desperate ...

Anyway, perhaps it is obvious, but the grilles of the speakers that I have in mind are probably much stiffer than the grilles of the high-end vehicle sound systems dealt with here. Something tells me that the Dentek Pick & Scaler set recommended by mo11, intriguing as it is, will not work well. But perhaps the apparently all-steel tool in the same date's trio of pictures will work. If I can just ID the exact type of tool, the brand, the model, etc. Ö
unfortunately, I donít have the exact name and model. But, a quick google search of dental pick came up with some results of all steel tools similar and available in amazon.

Amazon Amazon

iím attaching a link of the first one that came up in amazon. ĎHope this helps.
mo11 is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 02:44 PM
  #21  
Super Member
 
benzdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 673
Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Just bend a paper clip and insert. pull very gently.

OR
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by benzdude; 02-07-2019 at 03:07 PM.
benzdude is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 12:19 PM
  #22  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 48
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2016 C 300 4matic Lunar blue
Ahhhh-now all those years at dental school will finally pay dividends.
fbsdmd is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Burmester Speaker Grille/Cover Removal


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: