C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

What is your individual config?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 07:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan
What is your individual config?

What are your individual configurations on the dynamic select? And why?
Old 09-22-2016, 07:45 AM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C300
comfort everything minus steering.

steering on sports.

this is my daily commute driver. i have absolutelly no use for sports or sports+.

i learn to accept the fact my c300 is a comfortable and luxurious cruiser.

car is slow, heavy and transmition jerks. also doesn't help that when i floor it it sounds like a civic (embarrasing sound)
Old 09-22-2016, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 670 Likes on 528 Posts
c
I stopped using individual all together.

I will drive in sports+ or in eco. I only drive in eco on the highway, although possibly the least MPG gains are made on the highway while using eco compared to any other setting (in my experience), as in - eco gains are made in traffic.

Sometimes I will change up the suspension to sports in either one of those settings to either firm it up in eco or tone it down in sports+. (I generally find comfort suspension too floaty and almost bouncy in an uncomfortable/jarring way)
Old 09-22-2016, 08:42 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Comfort/sport steering, ECO, when wanted, controlled by the console button.
Compared to my previous BMWs and present 2013 ATS, I definitely find the C300 to be a more luxurious ride: Softer and does lean a little into turns. Don't know if it is the gearing or what, but I do find the C300 to give the impression that it is faster than it really. Overall, although not as good a controlled ride as the ATS, I'm still loving it.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:59 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2016 C450
Could just go all Sport + (I know..well why don't you?), but here's how I set mine:

Engine/Tranny: Sport + (with alot of manual override; always start out in 2nd gear using up paddle)

Suspension: Sport

Steering: Sport

Stop/Start: On

A/C: Eco

Alot of 45-50+ mph zones in my travels, so the upshifts to 7 only make sense.

And even in manual the transmission still makes sure all is well; will automatically up or downshift based on throttle input...........if I'm daydreaming, of course.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by BRBM
Could just go all Sport + (I know..well why don't you?), but here's how I set mine:

Engine/Tranny: Sport + (with alot of manual override; always start out in 2nd gear using up paddle)

Suspension: Sport

Steering: Sport

Stop/Start: On

A/C: Eco

Alot of 45-50+ mph zones in my travels, so the upshifts to 7 only make sense.

And even in manual the transmission still makes sure all is well; will automatically up or downshift based on throttle input...........if I'm daydreaming, of course.
I don't know how you drive it in Sport+ often.. Won't it kill the transmission over time? It seems to be quite taxing on the transmission.. What is your take?
Old 09-22-2016, 05:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 Mercedes C300 Sport
Never touched the individual configuration to be honest. The standard ones served me well so far.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:15 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by S500Sport
I don't know how you drive it in Sport+ often.. Won't it kill the transmission over time? It seems to be quite taxing on the transmission.. What is your take?
Lol WHAT. You sound like this one guy who was on the W212 forums saying he never put his car in "S" mode because he thought it would mess the car up. They would not put a button there to toggle between C(comfort) and S(sport) if it could damage the car, this isn't Nissan.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:18 PM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
C300 S205 AMG, GLA 45 AMG
Engine Sports (basically manual on the paddles)
Steering Sports
A/C Eco
Start stop Off

If I want the hard shift i just use sports+ but i do want the sports set without the start stop sometimes..

Though I have to say with the ECU, exhaust, DV+ i often just run it in comfort (which has steering in sport configured) and manual shift.. knocking start stop off on occasion..
Old 09-22-2016, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by DapperStyle
Lol WHAT. You sound like this one guy who was on the W212 forums saying he never put his car in "S" mode because he thought it would mess the car up. They would not put a button there to toggle between C(comfort) and S(sport) if it could damage the car, this isn't Nissan.

They put a pedal on it that can damage it.. (eventually )
Old 09-22-2016, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by alexasa
I stopped using individual all together.

I will drive in sports+ or in eco. I only drive in eco on the highway, although possibly the least MPG gains are made on the highway while using eco compared to any other setting (in my experience), as in - eco gains are made in traffic.

Sometimes I will change up the suspension to sports in either one of those settings to either firm it up in eco or tone it down in sports+. (I generally find comfort suspension too floaty and almost bouncy in an uncomfortable/jarring way)

Same observation; eco only really makes a difference in traffic, on the highway it simply mutes the throttle reposnse when you want to accelrate (or need to) making you boot it, or making the car feel unreposnive and underpowered.. ie not what you want.. makes the cruise control reposnse super sluggish too.. so gaps open up other cars dive in and your slowly work your way backwards with drivers behind getting peeved..
Old 09-23-2016, 07:46 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by S500Sport
Not a bad question S500Sport, as I believe there is some truth to what you and others are saying in terms of ‘don’t abuse your sh--‘ in a general sense.

My real problem is that the exhaust is not tuned in Sport as it is in Sport+. So I go to the S+ primarily for that effect, though it’s probably tuned too aggressively for my tastes. And if you’re heavy footed the onboard computer reads that and starts holding the revs really high (4000 to almost 5000) before shifting.

What you suggested then comes to mind; I can hear the 3.0 screaming and feel it buzzing right up my foot through the gas pedal. Spinning way too much in my view. This, combined with the tranny (STILL!) being in 4th gear @ the 50 mph limit, while I know it manually shifts to 4th @ 25, also makes no sense to me.

That is when using the manual override began. Of course I’m downshifting as I slow down (gently, keeping it @ lower revs), but at a full stop the tranny goes back to S+ in regular drive mode.

What you can do, however, is paddle up to 2nd gear to start off and if you do a “California Roll” at stop signs it stays in 2nd. Can’t do that in full manual mode; start in 2.

Clearly I’m pretty much driving it manually despite the S+ setting, in part because of what I’ve mentioned, but also to get the best of all worlds by seeing how driving like I do affects mileage. If I can get the same mpg effect as C or E by doing some on my own, why not.

For instance, just lowered mine a couple weeks ago using the H&R springs; looks & feels sweet.....perfect ride height and stance even on stock 18s. Anyway, over the weekend, took ‘er on a 40 mile highway test run in Eco; got it up to a sustained 32.6 mpg, up from my previous high of 31.7.

Next, I’ll do the same run using my shifting technique to see where we stand, all the time trying to think like a tranny. Highest gear possible to keep revs down.

All that said, today’s engines and transmissions are built to last and battle tested beforehand. Still, I get what you’re suggesting (I think) - don’t be a dumbass and abuse the engine/gears, thinking it can't break. At the same time try to wring it out as much as I can within reason - that is, don’t baby the damn thing like it’s built to break under reasonably normal use.

I mean it is tuned by our friends at AMG, so let's be serious. Not to mention, Merc tranny's - to knowledge - have traditionally been among the best around in seamless shifting and overall durability.

I'm gone.