C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Are YOU happy with your C-class?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 01:37 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2018 C350Te Wagon
Are YOU happy with your C-class?

The reason for asking is because I`e had a BMW 320d Xdrive wagon for 3 years. I wanted something else, Audi was a good contestor but fell short of a good leasing offer. Anyway, I`e ordered a C350Te a couple of days ago, and those who wanna know the specs let me know and I`l post it. It do not spec cranberry red any longer, it` black.
But this one has a 7g transmission, are younhappy with it?

Not only the transmission, but the drive, the feel, the quality, the interior, the in drive system, the comfort, the systems, the LOOK?

It falls short short at some aspects, it can`t match BMW when it comes to transmission and dynamic driving, but this is a MERC!
It never intended to be a BMW M drive or a Audi S line, it`s a MERC, what` your feel about the car?

How good is it, compared to feel and squeek?
Old 04-04-2017, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Traditionally, non AMG Mercedes lean toward luxury and away from sportiness. They'll do "sporty" but reluctantly. BMW does sporty but struggles with luxury. But the 205 is much more nimble and fun to drive than I expected. It also is noisier and rides harsher than typical MB cars.

The interior design is beautiful, but the execution suffers. 205s seem prone to interior rattles and squeaks. The premium audio system looks nice (the grilles) but there's almost nothing to it.

I've had my 205 a year now. Overall I like it and I still look forward to driving it every day although I've done a bunch to it...all new audio, soundproofing, tint, new wheels and tires, some CF body bits, some interior mods, etc. My only serious gripe is with the rattles.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:29 PM

2018 C350Te Wagon
That rattles me a bit! A car in this class makes sounds and rattles. Doesn't sound right. Å BMW 320d wasn't silent. But might be excused cause of the higher models.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:30 PM

2018 C350Te Wagon
Please don't make me regret met final decisian
Old 04-04-2017, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C300
The car looks gorgeous! Drives wonderful. Very comfortable.
Interior is sleek and looks ultra luxury.
I only have two complaints:
1- Rattles in the interior cabin are never ending! My car is at the dealership for the 2nd time to fix interior noise coming from various places. Only 5K miles on the car
2- The burmester is a joke! I completely regret paying for the upgraded sound. I've played around with it countless times and can not get it to sound good.
I think they cheaped out on the c class. I am currently driving the 2017 e class as a loaner and the burmester in that car is top notch (almost as good as my HK Logic 7 in the bmw).
Old 04-04-2017, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Originally Posted by Thlian
Ha! Probably should have posted this thread before buying the car. You'll enjoy the car despite the rattles and the anemic audio. Both are easily remedied.

I believe the E300 gets the same audio hardware as the W205, which ain't great, unless you sprung for the $4500 Burmester 3D system. I haven't heard one yet but on paper it looks decent.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
C350e
I haven't heard of the C350Te yet unless you are referring to a C350e stationwagon.
This is the car i am driving since October 2015 and have driven almost 65k km with it so far.
I love it and i don't have any rattles.
I only have 2 leds in the door grips that blown.
​​​​​​There are also some complaints about the gearbox but i don't have those issues either.
It's a great car. Comfortable in ECO and comfort and sporty in sport and sport+.
You will love the car.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Benz
Very happy. Don't think I could be happier given the competition(3er or A4)
Old 04-04-2017, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Right...In it's market segment I think despite its flaws it's still king. BMW interiors are a big negative to anyone looking for a luxury sport sedan. While I generally love the BMW exterior design, I feel like they muffed it with the current 3 Series/4 Series. Prior gen looked better to me.

Audi did a great job with the previous gen A4/A5. We had a 2012 A5 and it was a beautifully proportioned sport coupe. The new ones...holy crap did they screw those cars up. They've always struggled against MB and BMW since their cars are essentially FWD, adapted to AWD. It screws up the front overhang. Lots of VW bits too.

Audi used to be known for interior design. Now they've decided that rather than finding cool ways to integrate the AC vents (see every new Mercedes) they just run one enormous vent across the entire dash and call it a day. Terrible.

Overall, the best bet is still the C.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:29 PM
dtd

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2017 C300
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Right...In it's market segment I think despite its flaws it's still king. BMW interiors are a big negative to anyone looking for a luxury sport sedan. While I generally love the BMW exterior design, I feel like they muffed it with the current 3 Series/4 Series. Prior gen looked better to me.

Audi did a great job with the previous gen A4/A5. We had a 2012 A5 and it was a beautifully proportioned sport coupe. The new ones...holy crap did they screw those cars up. They've always struggled against MB and BMW since their cars are essentially FWD, adapted to AWD. It screws up the front overhang. Lots of VW bits too.

Audi used to be known for interior design. Now they've decided that rather than finding cool ways to integrate the AC vents (see every new Mercedes) they just run one enormous vent across the entire dash and call it a day. Terrible.

Overall, the best bet is still the C.
I totally agree.
dtd
Old 04-04-2017, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Air Force

Received 270 Likes on 184 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by Thlian
Why do you keep trying to convince yourself that you made a bad purchase?

I love the C Class. Period, end of story.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Yeah. You're supposed to get buyers remorse after you've had something for awhile. It's like standing at the altar with your fiancée and asking the wedding guests if they think she'll get fat.

Yes. She will probably get fat. Marry her anyway.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:02 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
2015 C400
Yes, love it so far...and it's my first MB. Of the cars I drove (TL, TLX, 2014 E350, E550, A6) and considered (too many to list!), the C400 suits me perfectly...
Old 04-04-2017, 10:07 PM

2018 C350Te Wagon
Thanks for the feedback guys, though it makes me sound irrational
I did this when I ordered the 320d too, looked for flaws after ordering the car, go figure...... All I can say is that I make myself sound weird.

Despite that, what I am trying to achieve, have I made the right decision?
Cause I turned down offers on the A4 and I have had a good ride in the BMW. The 3 series was good drive, though I had to change the differenacial (did that sound right?) and the misses hated the front windshield. I am doing it again ain`t I?
The BMW squeeked but got it fixed on warranty, 5 year warranty is tha bomb!

It`s the first time I have heard she say "Oh, I liked this one" the moment she got in.

Love the drive, though the media system is less intuitive than BMW and less sporty. And while it might seem I have second thoughts, I am looking forward to mid june. My car already had a production slot and I got to change almost everything except the night package, but that`s ok.

For those who wonder and as mentioned I changed the interior from cranberry to black leather. Conservative? yup, but I`m happy with the decision, and the
- selenit grey
- head up
- comfort package, trailer hitch, electric hatch and so
- AMG interior/exterior
- 360 camera
- distronic plus
- artico dash
- keyless start
- comand online
- burmester
- ash black wood trim
- tinted windows and sunscreen
- analog clock
- 19" 665
- LED ILS
- and then some, Airmatic is standard.

C350Te is the official Mercedes term, but yeah, it`s the 350e hybrid

Also looking forward to picking up the car in Stuttgart, called IMBAS

(For the record, our tax system make no sense, 350e is cheaper than 220d 4Matic and a C450 costs 100 grand plus extras)

Last edited by Thlian; 04-04-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c200
I have been looking at the entry class cars for a while now and hands down the C class seems to win (personally) in every aspects esp the interior compared with its other competitive rivals. We have a tall family, myself being 6 ft 2 and was although they increased the size of the car to the previous generation c class, i still feel its a very small compact car. The E class would be perfect having said this but im on a budget restraint. Any feedbacks on the size of the car would be appreciated.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
I still love my C450, puts a smile on my face almost every time I hit the gas and hear that "crackle", but there're a couple of things that bugs me about the car...and Mercedes in general...

1) Dashboard/assorted interior creaks: Especially from the binnacle. With that said, the interior of the C Class is still head & shoulders above whatever the 3 Series BMW or the Jaguar XE has. Even with the occasional wind noise you get at highway speeds, the W205 is still much quieter than the other cars in it's class. I understand what you're doing here, but I refuse to upgrade to an E Class. I'd go with the redesigned BMW 340i xDrive rumored to be coming out in 2018 before I'd do that. The E Class is just too big for me, so is the 5 Series...Audi A6, and the Jaguar XF.

2) Value could be better: Really Mercedes? Almost $64,000 and you couldn't include parking sensors front & rear? Also, your remote start is a joke...so is your slow 3G service and your pitiful apps. Take a look at the Jeep Grand Cherokee when it comes to remote start, you'd learn a thing or two. And while you'll at it, make ventilated seats standard when opting for the leather interior...to charge an extra $450 is just embarrassing. What's also embarrassing is charging an extra $250 for the powered trunk option...it's a Mercedes damn it, this to should be standard as well.

3) 7 speed transmission: Still have a rough shift from 2nd to 3rd at times when crawling in traffic. Also, I miss the gear indicator in my 2015 C300...put it in the C450 as well please since I don't have HUD...or was that your goal...
Old 04-05-2017, 08:40 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Although I drive a 2017 coupe, I got to say that after coming from BMW Z4 and 325 (E46), the coupe was a very pleasant surprise. Mike hit the nail on the head: "Traditionally, non AMG Mercedes lean toward luxury and away from sportiness. They'll do "sporty" but reluctantly. BMW does sporty but struggles with luxury. But the 205 is much more nimble and fun to drive than I expected. It also is noisier and rides harsher than typical MB cars." I did give up some sportiness (but not as much as expected) and gained a lot of luxury (which I was looking for.) So far only have about 2500 miles on it and it is riding very quietly with no creaks/rattles...never had a MB before so I can't comment on Mike's comment when comparing to the "regular" MB ride. Still have my 2013 ATS when I want a really sporty ride a la BMW E46/Z4.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:20 AM

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts
2017 C43
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Yeah. You're supposed to get buyers remorse after you've had something for awhile. It's like standing at the altar with your fiancée and asking the wedding guests if they think she'll get fat.

Yes. She will probably get fat. Marry her anyway.
Hahaha!
Old 04-05-2017, 09:34 AM

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts
2017 C43
I have a feeling (just a feeling) with that kind of mentality, you'll probably find faults no matter what brand and model you get. But, since your question is, if we're happy, majority of the answers you'll get would most likely be, yes. I have complaints about the rattles and the sound system as well. I have fixed the rattles but the sound system (burmester) i'm leaving it as is. Is it the best i've heard, no. Is it better than most, i think so. Am i happy with it, yes. Can i be happier, yes. Am i willing to spend more to be happier, no. I can live with the burmester. Overall, am i happy with the car, yes.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Originally Posted by David MJ Ko
I have been looking at the entry class cars for a while now and hands down the C class seems to win (personally) in every aspects esp the interior compared with its other competitive rivals. We have a tall family, myself being 6 ft 2 and was although they increased the size of the car to the previous generation c class, i still feel its a very small compact car. The E class would be perfect having said this but im on a budget restraint. Any feedbacks on the size of the car would be appreciated.
It's tight. If I had to regularly haul my kids around in the back seat I wouldn't choose the C. The E would probably be sufficient. A low mileage facelift W221 S Class (2010-13) with an aftermarket warranty makes a superb family hauler and is one of the most comfortable cars on the planet.

Originally Posted by flycaster
Although I drive a 2017 coupe, I got to say that after coming from BMW Z4 and 325 (E46), the coupe was a very pleasant surprise. Mike hit the nail on the head: "Traditionally, non AMG Mercedes lean toward luxury and away from sportiness. They'll do "sporty" but reluctantly. BMW does sporty but struggles with luxury. But the 205 is much more nimble and fun to drive than I expected. It also is noisier and rides harsher than typical MB cars." I did give up some sportiness (but not as much as expected) and gained a lot of luxury (which I was looking for.) So far only have about 2500 miles on it and it is riding very quietly with no creaks/rattles...never had a MB before so I can't comment on Mike's comment when comparing to the "regular" MB ride. Still have my 2013 ATS when I want a really sporty ride a la BMW E46/Z4.
My experience is all S Class so I've been spoiled as far as being objective about ride quality. I did have a 190E that was about the size of the 205 but definitely rode better and felt much more substantial.

Originally Posted by mo11
I have a feeling (just a feeling) with that kind of mentality, you'll probably find faults no matter what brand and model you get. But, since your question is, if we're happy, majority of the answers you'll get would most likely be, yes. I have complaints about the rattles and the sound system as well. I have fixed the rattles but the sound system (burmester) i'm leaving it as is. Is it the best i've heard, no. Is it better than most, i think so. Am i happy with it, yes. Can i be happier, yes. Am i willing to spend more to be happier, no. I can live with the burmester. Overall, am i happy with the car, yes.
Yeah, if you dig into the Burmester at all you almost have to go all-in and it adds up quickly. I'm probably $3500 into my system with labor and everything. For me, audio is such a big part of the driving experience I couldn't live with it stock. Although for a couple hundred bucks a modest sub in the trunk and running your music thru an EQ app would make a huge difference.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:38 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C300
My experience is all S Class so I've been spoiled as far as being objective about ride quality. I did have a 190E that was about the size of the 205 but definitely rode better and felt much more substantial.[/QUOTE]

FYI, for anyone who, like me, is put off by the un-Mercedes insubstantial feeling of the sedan--the coupe doesn't feel that way at all. It feels like a modern Mercedes, solid and substantial, with really heavy doors and a really secure, bank vault feeling. There's less aluminum used on the body panels, and it makes a difference. But its quick steering and good reflexes means it handles better than the 190e or W202, for example. It's impractical, but a sleeper in Mercedes lineup right now.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:05 AM

2018 C350Te Wagon
Speaking of Burmester in a C it can`t compete with the H/K in BMW nor the Canton in Skoda Superb. If we kick it up a notch, B&W in Volvo is kick *** considering only a $2500 or so upgrade.

I actually picked Burmester because it looks better, I can`t touch it though, it`s a lease.

My C350 will carry around my two boys, 7 and 10, and as some speak of S-class as a perfect family car it`s not even a subject over here. Of course when the children gets older I might have to consider size in the backseat. But for now, C350 will have to do the job.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Yeah, I had an HK Logic 7 system in the 221 S Class. Same stuff they put in the BMWs. Sounded terrible in the S. Way too bright and shrill, no low end. I did a whole Audison/Focal system in there. (Actually I pulled it out before I traded it and it's the same system I now have in the C).

And when I pulled the speakers out of the "Burmester" in the C, they were the exact same crappy HK speakers I had in the S. None of the hardware in the C is provided by Burmester, including the amp. It's a bit of a scam, especially when you consider the branding and the promise implied by the ornate speaker grilles.

My C is a lease as well. When it's time for turn in I'll have the system pulled out and return the car to stock. Ditto for the rims, tires, front splitter, steering wheel, rear diffuser and tips, etc. I put the car the way I want it, lease or purchase. The key is to do it early in the lease so you can enjoy it, and to be able to put it back.

Payments on a used 2010+ W221 S Class probably would not be much different than the lease on the W205. They ran about $110,000 new and a clean low mileage example now is in the mid $30k range. A lot of car for $30k, but you have to add a warranty.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
not really.

it's been the largest headache for a new car I've owned.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:40 AM

2018 C350Te Wagon
Originally Posted by alexasa
not really.

it's been the largest headache for a new car I've owned.
That was informative

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are YOU happy with your C-class?