C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Anyone else disappointed with the w205?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 04:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'17 C300 Sport, P2, Pano, Black; '17 Jetta GLI White
The drive is much better. I took the salesman for one hell of a ride and whipped it around turns. The GM was walking through the parking lot checking all the "sport" models and he said this has happened before.

Its also not my first car with the dealer as we have bought a few so I am sure loyalty helps and the fact I will remain loyal.

I mean, the dealer took care of it and they did it so f@#$ing fast. They didn't have to but they did. I have to stop by tomorrow to drop off the old key and talk to the Owner and say thanks.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:25 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2018 C350Te Wagon
It all worked out for you, you must be a nice guy then 😉
Old 04-11-2017, 07:26 PM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
C300 S205 AMG, GLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by purefunk
Hey, its my fault 100%. I had a few test drives and then set up an appointment to pick up a new one on a different day. I should have drove it more but I didn't because I never had a problem with the dealership. Its not hyperbole, its fact. When you take a corner at 25 the car leans over on its side and pitches forward on stopping. I didn't notice it on the final test drive. Again, my fault.

Yes and no... of course its hard to get a really good feel for a vehicle on a test drive.. you get a sense of it, and its hard not to be distracted by all the other change points etc... so that's not your fault.. kinda the risk of any shorter test drive...

The cornering issue.. well mine has the AMG sports suspension (lower higher rate springs, lower ride height, bilstein dampers and and 19's.. with brembo callipers.. and uprated anti roll bars...
And mine certainly does not wallow or pitch through corners an there is not dip under heavy braking....
If yours is not the sports pack suspension it means with a spring change (eg H&R sports) you can remove almost all of these characterisitcs and the trade off in ride will be very small... these with standard dampers and ARB's still ride very well.... So perhaps that's worth your time and consideration.....

I understand disappointment with the car.. mine was a basket case QA wise but with a ridiculous investment of my time and effort and a number of dealer visits I have resolved almost all the issues.... at this point in time there is nothing else in the market I would want to change too...
(50hours of wet sanding and paint correction and full interior strip out dynamatting and rebuild will create that personal investment feeling!! but I understand its not reasonable for everyone ).

Best of luck resolving your issue, I strongly suggest the springs upgrade.... I did the same on my 204 previously whoch also had the characterisitics you mention and it was a night and day improvement...

All the best
Old 04-11-2017, 07:27 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by GerritKw
NO!!!

Amazing to see how a negative thread header attracts all the negative responses while a positive one does exactly the opposite.
Yeah, but at least there's a happy ending.