C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C300 front bumper collision

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 06:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gallardo, c300, rover supercharged, cayenne S
C300 front bumper collision

sadly my car was involved in a collision where the front bumper has been cracked on one side, and my aftermarket diamond grille has been damaged. anyone know where to get a new front bumper from that would be the cheapest option? The dealership is very pricey. I have the oem grille sitting at home, and am debating on if I should put the oem or a new diamond grille when I get the bumper replaced.
before and after pics included
Attached Thumbnails C300 front bumper collision-img_3850.jpg   C300 front bumper collision-fullsizerender.jpg  
Old 04-13-2017, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Insurance? That would probably be cheaper. Or hunt one down on EBay.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
I do not understand why people buy expensive cars then want to cheap out when getting them fixed after an accident. There is the possibility of damage underneath that bumper cover. I would take it to a Mercedes certified shop and get it fixed properly. That's why you carry insurance.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gallardo, c300, rover supercharged, cayenne S
Originally Posted by dieseldoc
I do not understand why people buy expensive cars then want to cheap out when getting them fixed after an accident. There is the possibility of damage underneath that bumper cover. I would take it to a Mercedes certified shop and get it fixed properly. That's why you carry insurance.
Obviously I have insurance on all my cars, but we decided not to go through them for the accident. I'd get a $500 deductible on a small fix, it didn't make sense as my monthly rates are already high enough with the cars I drive. I have had the car assessed already, there is no damage beneath the bumper, simply just a new bumper is needed. Im just looking to see if anyone knows a place to get a new front bumper at a reasonable price than being bombarded at the dealership with extremely high labour and parts costs.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
It's only a small fix if the cost to repair it correctly isn't worth paying the deductible and taking the hit on premium.

At minimum the car needs a new Sport front bumper cover and a new grille. Unless the cover has been removed there's no way to tell from the outside whether the reinforcement or any brackets also need to be replaced. It also needs a left lower grille and a left lower front splitter.

Regardless you're looking at labor to R&I the cover and swap over any grilles or trim, plus paint labor to prime, paint and clear the cover. Then add in the materials for primer, flex additive, base coat and clear coat, plus the cost of the cover and grille. If I had to guess all-in it's a least a couple grand.

So if the deductible plus potential premium increases and a CarFax hit are likely to be more in the long haul than just eating a couple grand now there's your answer. But no, there's no secret supplier of cheap Mercedes crash parts for people who don't want to go through insurance.

Last edited by Mike5215; 04-14-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:17 AM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 Mercedes-Benz C300, 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC300
Originally Posted by Sahaj.c
sadly my car was involved in a collision where the front bumper has been cracked on one side, and my aftermarket diamond grille has been damaged. anyone know where to get a new front bumper from that would be the cheapest option? The dealership is very pricey. I have the oem grille sitting at home, and am debating on if I should put the oem or a new diamond grille when I get the bumper replaced.
before and after pics included
Just a side-question:
Did the autonomous emergency braking activate before the collision? Did you get audio/visual warnings? Did the car brake on its own? Or was this a situation where the othe car drove into you?
Old 04-14-2017, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Looks like maybe he hit a pole or something too small for autonomous braking to pick up.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by Sahaj.c
Obviously I have insurance on all my cars, but we decided not to go through them for the accident. I'd get a $500 deductible on a small fix, it didn't make sense as my monthly rates are already high enough with the cars I drive. I have had the car assessed already, there is no damage beneath the bumper, simply just a new bumper is needed. Im just looking to see if anyone knows a place to get a new front bumper at a reasonable price than being bombarded at the dealership with extremely high labour and parts costs.
Unfortunately, no such thing as a small fix with a Mercedes. Had a small fender bender caused by an uninsured driver. Scuffed bumper on my c class and small dimple in fender. Estimate was close to 4 grand. As Mike said will not know damage till take it apart. (Listen to him, he has great knowledge base. He used to be an insurance adjuster). I am just a dumb physician. I just would want my car put back together the same as it was before the accident.

Last edited by dieseldoc; 04-14-2017 at 05:25 PM.