C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Adding subwoofer to burmester

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 02:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 E300
Originally Posted by compy223
I am also really looking into adding a sub to my burmester system, its so good with midrange and high, but the bass is just not there.
It would be amazing if someone can giving us the wiring diagram/installation pictures for the burmester amp in the trunk. I'm sure this is the only think holding most of us back from installing it.

I've found the attached wiring diagram, but I cannot make any sense of it (I cant even find this connector on the amp LOL)
First you need to locate the Burmester factory amplifier. On the 2017 E 300 its in the drivers side rear trunk behind the paneling. On some models the amp is located on the passenger side. You are going to have to take most of the trunk paneling out to get to it. Its not that difficult to get it apart just make sure you keep track of the order of removal. You will want to locate the Pink/Blk & Pink wire to tap into the left front factory subwoofer and the Violet/Black & Violet for the right front factory subwoofer. I chose these so that I can keep my settings true and get the best signals to the aftermarket bass amplifier. Make sure you get your polarities correct ie. Negative & Positive or the new woofers will be out of phase. Just just check the diagram for H4/42 & H4/43.

Buy a line output converter. Best Buy carries them for under $20. This was actually the easy part!! The hard part is running your power cable for the amp. The power cable should be ran to the battery so unless you have a MB that has a battery located in the trunk then get ready for some serious work. You can theoretically tap into the fuse box in the trunk for power if you are running a really small amplifier but I do not recommend this. Remeber to keep your ground for the amplifier as short as possible. You can tap into the fuse box located in the trunk to run your REM, which will power the amp on and off. Just locate a fuse that opens when the key is turned to the acc/on position.

Hope this helps and sorry if I got to basic with it but honestly if you don't have a lot of experience installing car audio then spend $200 for a year membership in the GEEK SQUAD and they will install everything for free. All you have to do is supply the equipment.

Good luck!!
The following users liked this post:
Kush Desai (06-29-2021)