C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

How long from order to delivery for C43 built in Alabama?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mazda 6
How long from order to delivery for C43 built in Alabama?

Hey guys!

I'm new here... went in yesterday and placed an order on a 2018 C43 Sedan. The dealer told me that production would begin first week of Sept. and I should expect delivery by December.

Does it really take that long for the car to be built and delivered if it's being made here in the US?

I was under the impression that production took 2-3 weeks and then another 2-3 weeks for the car to get to the dealer.

Any experience from other members having custom ordered a C class would be helpful, thanks!
Old 08-26-2017, 07:17 PM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
This is my answer from the other place you posted this question: 'There's a bear that has to be appeased before a delivery can happen. It's a Polar Bear see, and it's in Alabama for the summer. Not a good mix. Wet far ts...'
Old 08-26-2017, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Welcome to the forum - and yes we speak Mercedes and yes we speak AMG Sport ...

To start off with ...you picked colors and features you want - right - so you know what C43 sedan you definitely want to have - right ?

1. Did there dealer check to see if there was any C43 sedan on-the-ground-now-in-the-region - or C43 sedans close to what you want - and offer that C43 sedan as a choice for you ?

2. Did the dealer check to see if there was a C43 sedan in the Mercedes pipeline - shipped - built- or building for any dealer in his region - or C43 sedan that's close to what you want - and offer that pipeline C43 sedan as a choice for you ?

3. Did the dealer tell you that there are open/changeable orders for C43 sedans the factory for 1st 10-days of November - and that he will get one of those factory slots to build your C43 sedan ?

4. Did the dealer tell you the time it takes - from when its built at the factory - to get delivered to the dealership ?

If your dealer din't go thru those three steps for you (1) Others on-the-ground (2) others in region's pipeline that show avail (3) 1st available factory build order - and (4) based on where you're located how long built-to-delivery - then someone missed a lot of standard sh*t here..

To catch up on the "missing pieces" it's best to be face-to-face - because the answers require the dealer guy to check the system - and they won't get distracted when you're there face-to-face - in the most constructive situation.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:52 PM

Mazda 6
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Welcome to the forum - and yes we speak Mercedes and yes we speak AMG Sport ...

To start off with ...you picked colors and features you want - right - so you know what C43 sedan you definitely want to have - right ?

1. Did there dealer check to see if there was any C43 sedan on-the-ground-now-in-the-region - or C43 sedans close to what you want - and offer that C43 sedan as a choice for you ?

2. Did the dealer check to see if there was a C43 sedan in the Mercedes pipeline - shipped - built- or building for any dealer in his region - or C43 sedan that's close to what you want - and offer that pipeline C43 sedan as a choice for you ?

3. Did the dealer tell you that there are open/changeable orders for C43 sedans the factory for 1st 10-days of November - and that he will get one of those factory slots to build your C43 sedan ?

4. Did the dealer tell you the time it takes - from when its built at the factory - to get delivered to the dealership ?

If your dealer din't go thru those three steps for you (1) Others on-the-ground (2) others in region's pipeline that show avail (3) 1st available factory build order - and (4) based on where you're located how long built-to-delivery - then someone missed a lot of standard sh*t here..

To catch up on the "missing pieces" it's best to be face-to-face - because the answers require the dealer guy to check the system - and they won't get distracted when you're there face-to-face - in the most constructive situation.
Very helpful breakdown... based on this here's what I know.

1. We checked available C43 Sedans on the ground and there was not even 1 in the entire US that had the combination I wanted. And I wasn't willing to compromise.

2. Dealer checked their own slots for the C43 Sedan and showed me the configurations, which weren't close to what I wanted. Then we came to the conclusion that I would need to custom order one.

3. Dealer told me that he has a slot for a C43 Sedan that is starting production on the 1st week of Sept and that he already had a car in that slot but would change it to my own configuration.

4. Dealer said that normally it takes 2-3 weeks for the car to be built and then normally another 2-3 weeks for it to be delivered and prepped by them...

That's when I said shouldn't the car be here by mid-october then? to which they said their estimate is december delivery.

Yes the car is configured the exact way I want... Also I did agree when the dealer said car could take as long as December to be delivered as I'm in no rush. But it just doesn't add up to me why it will take so long.

I'm very confused by this... perhaps I should give them a call and re-confirm.

Thoughts?

UPDATE:

I spoke to the sales person at the dealership. He told me that the order has been placed, the vehicle is scheduled to go into production 1st week of Sept and that they expect delivery of mid-december. I'm in no rush, but seems rather long for a vehicle that is built in the US and is being delivered to SoCal... I guess only time will tell how it works out.

Last edited by TMore9; 08-26-2017 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:57 PM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Originally Posted by guhvies
This is my answer from the other place you posted this question: 'There's a bear that has to be appeased before a delivery can happen. It's a Polar Bear see, and it's in Alabama for the summer. Not a good mix. Wet far ts...'
Ha, ha! His name is Sven, and he is from Svalbard.

The "one man, one pig," festival will start in Vance after Labor Day and it is three weeks long. Were it me, I'd demand a post pig build.

Enjoy the car.

Somewhere in Birmingham, a polar bear went into a high school dropout bar, followed closely by a foot tall angry, cursing man with a neatly rolled scroll under his left arm....
Attached Thumbnails How long from order to delivery for C43 built in Alabama?-img_1207.png  
Old 08-27-2017, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
My own experience with MB and other brands is that you will get a very conservative quote from sales. This is often updated after production to indicate a quicker delivery date. It's better for them if you get your car earlier than the initial date quoted; but they look bad if it doesn't make it in time. Your car is likely to come in sooner than later.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:13 PM
Former Member

CLS
Were it me, I'd opt for later.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:21 PM

Mazda 6
Originally Posted by StanNH
My own experience with MB and other brands is that you will get a very conservative quote from sales. This is often updated after production to indicate a quicker delivery date. It's better for them if you get your car earlier than the initial date quoted; but they look bad if it doesn't make it in time. Your car is likely to come in sooner than later.
I understand that logic... and based on that I thought 2 - 3 months would be a fair way to be conservative but this is 3.5 months estimated from order date...

I'll give the dealership a call 1 month from when production was supposed to begin. I'm sure by then they would have the car built and about to be put on a truck for its trip to SoCal.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:29 PM

Mazda 6
Originally Posted by CFG
Were it me, I'd opt for later.
Any particular reason as to why? Better incentives? I didn't mention this but the vehicle will be a lease. They did say that upon the vehicle arriving if there are any new incentives for the 2018 C43 then they will pass it along my way.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:50 PM
Former Member

CLS
Post 5, Supra.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
What takes so long between the time the order is placed and the time it arrives at the dealership is the way the factory processes the order.. first the dealer gets a slot in the factory.. then the options determine how soon the particular car will be built.. them my motherinlaw smells like a polar bear that has diarrhea running down its leg
Old 08-27-2017, 09:11 PM

Mazda 6
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
What takes so long between the time the order is placed and the time it arrives at the dealership is the way the factory processes the order.. first the dealer gets a slot in the factory.. then the options determine how soon the particular car will be built.. them my motherinlaw smells like a polar bear that has diarrhea running down its leg
oh well. Time will tell. Ive been told that a car that was on order and be built 1st week of September has now been swapped to my configuration. So I'll just make sure to contact the sales person in a months time.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:17 PM
Former Member

CLS
Tell em Cletus sent you.