C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

I bought "Aerowerkz" Dash Cam..... Here are my Thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 11:58 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes benz c300 2015
I bought "Aerowerkz" Dash Cam..... Here are my Thoughts

Here is my review on aerowerkz dash cam.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...5-c-class.html

Dash Cam:
I love the idea of an integrated dash cam solution and can't understand why the manufacturer does not offer this as an option. I could not really find any credible ratings or reviews on this product beside the one listed below, so I decided to take the dive and see what it was like.

Installation:
I noticed one other member posted a review, so feel free to check their thread out at the bottom. It might of just been me, but it took me around two hours just to fully install the unit. The most time consuming and most difficult part was removing the factory cover from behind the rear view mirror. Once you get past that part it's smooth sailing from here on. Sadly, Aerowerkz does not have instructions on how to remove the cover but it was like a puzzle for me, give me some time and I'll get it right. I used the fuse box on the driver side, it was somewhat simple to access and open. I suggest using a pry tool or such to open the door panel. I was able to hide 99% of the wiring in the headliner and the rubber seal on the door frame leading down the A pillar.

Quality:
To be blunt, the video quality is lacking in my opinion. Now how it ranks with other 199.99 dash cam video quality is a good question that I can't answer. Aerowerkz dash cam video quality looks more like a 360p or 480p YouTube video. There may be an option to adjust quality, but aerowerkz failed to make a instruction guide on how to do so nor can I see an option that could adjust the quality.

Function:
The dash cam uses an external app that can be found in both the apple and android store for free. The app allows you to wirelessly connect your device to the dash cam network. From within the app, your able to view live feed, pictures, videos, and settings.
The Aerowerkz dash cam records in 30 sec to 3 min intervals. There are some other options in the setting menu that are not disclosed or discussed by aerowerkz, so I will leave it to them to explain what they do.

Conclusion:
After viewing the box the item was shipped in, looking at the rough install guide they provided us, and lack of instruction guide and support. Im 99% sure that this product was not developed by aerowerkz nor made in the USA, but repackaged and sold by aerowerkz. This product appears and mimics these no name brand items that these Chinese manufactures sell everyday on Ali Baba. Now, with that said,the product does not totally suck. It meets its purpose and could come in handy during an accident. Now is it worth 200 dollars!? My answer is NO, but yours could be yes depending on these factors; alternative integrated Mercedes dash cam, price point, video quality, reliability. Now will I keep this unit? Chances are yes, Since I don't know of any other alternative integrated dash cams.

Since I have the unit, if y'all have any video request let me know and I'll upload some videos / picture for y'all.

Other review on Aerowerk dash cam:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...on-review.html
Attached Thumbnails I bought "Aerowerkz" Dash Cam..... Here are my Thoughts-img_0018.png   I bought "Aerowerkz" Dash Cam..... Here are my Thoughts-img_0019.jpg   I bought "Aerowerkz" Dash Cam..... Here are my Thoughts-img_0020.png  

Last edited by Mplayers2006; 08-29-2017 at 12:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mplayers2006:
dnice-1 (08-31-2017), RDS3206 (12-11-2020)