C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Squeaking from panorama roof and doors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeaking from panorama roof and doors?

Does anyone have a lot of squeaking from the rubber seals on doors and pano roof? I tried some lubricant with limited success. Something the dealer can address?
Old 11-14-2017, 10:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350 BTC & C300
Join the club... My pano roof creaks below 50'F and my driver door creaks above 50'F. Screen intermittently rattles too. I've never owned a car with so many rattles...
Old 11-14-2017, 05:09 PM

Received 107 Likes on 63 Posts
W205 C250BT
Quite a common complaint. Mine suffers from it as well - the pano in particular drives me nuts! Dealer will just lubricate the seals. Your squeaks and rattles will be gone for a couple of weeks and then return. I gave up trying to rectify the issue through the dealership. I purchased the "Nextzett Gummi Pflege" liquid (German for rubber care), which works pretty well. I usually apply once a month or as needed.
http://www.1z-usa.com/products/gummi...are-stick.html
Old 11-15-2017, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
I’ve cured mine for the most part. On mine it’s the front and rear seal which is smooth and therefore ideal for squeaking.

clean it thoroughly and place some of the lubricant for rubber seals on convertibles that Audi/VW make, it’s like thick goo.(use sparingly to avoid grit adhering)

this has worked really well for me.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,103 Likes on 808 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
On door and sunroof seals... if you're having "squeak issues" - the seals come to the assembly line with a light dry preservative "wax" on them - so 1st clean the seals - use a medium sponge - with warm water and dishwasher detergent - some "extremists" then use a non-ammonia glass cleaner as a 2nd clean.

Once clean - a very good seal treatment is the German Gummi Pflege" - NextZett (US arm of Einzett) from Amazon:

Amazon Amazon
Old 11-16-2017, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
This is what I use and find it very good...

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ant/g052172a1/
Old 11-16-2017, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,103 Likes on 808 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
The VW 052 172 A1 oil (or A2 in spray) is very good product - it is rebranded DuPont Krytox PFPE (if I remember correctly ref GPL105).

A little goes a way long way - now that DuPont's patent has expired - there are alternate GPL105 oils that are less expensive than the VW or DuPont branded stuff.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:15 PM

2017 C300 Sport Sedan
As the weather has gotten colder here in the Northeast the squeaks and rattles have come out in full force in my C300 and it is driving me crazy. Most seem to be coming from the panorama roof and some from the doors. I tried using Meguiars Quik Detailer to clean where the door seals come in contact with the frame of the car and it seems to have helped a little. As for the roof I am at a loss. Even getting access to all the surfaces that seal is difficult. We have leased 9 German cars through the years and this is the first one that has had any problems with squeaks and rattles. The phrase "The Best or Nothing" really means nothing today. Mercedes should be ashamed of selling cars with these problems..
Old 11-26-2017, 07:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 GLC300 4MATIC
You're absolutely correct. I too have leased or purchased 7 Mercedes over the last 16 years and never had a car squeak or rattle like this. What's more disturbing is that this problem existed not only on the 2015 model, but in 2016 and 2017 as well (My guess is 2018 will be no different). I might be willing to give them a pass on a first year production flaw, but after 3 years of production, to have this kind of problem continue to exist on a supposedly first class luxury car is inexcusable. It shows how little Mercedes cares about quality or their customers.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:40 PM

2017 C300 Sport Sedan
After reading about it at this Forum I was able to locate a 1/2 oz tube of Krytox GPL 105 Oil. A little does go a long way and I applied it to all the rubber seals under the panorama sunroof and so far that has significantly reduced the squeaks coming from the roof. I am still chasing a few other rattles but at least the roof has been quieter. I hope it stays that way.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:36 AM

E250 coupe
Fixed the squeaky pano and doors!

Firstly I know how irritating this is. My first Mercedes after countless BMWs and this fault is enough to stop me every buying another. I have a C207 with a squeaky roof and doors. Nightmare! Anyway, all fixed myself.

Roof - open at slant, tighten both bolts and add blue locktite. This won’t fix it but is good practice. Then open roof fully and buy some fabric electrical tape. Wrap this around all 4 edges of the glass panel. Align the top of the tape with the top edge of the panel, fold around excess or trim with scalpel. It’s the seals making the noise. The cloth tape stops the rubbing. I put this tape on one year ago and it has not come loose when opening closing the roof. If you want to be extra sure, add dots of super glue on the corners however the tape is very sticky. It’s also black so hard to see. NO SPRAY works trust me!

Doors - Buy WD40 silicone spray - once a month insert the straw in to the window seals at the top and spray around the entire seal. It stops the glass rubbing in the seal.

essentially the fault is in all the seals that have a velvet finish. The above helps to eliminate.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:43 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by James Wheeler
Firstly I know how irritating this is. My first Mercedes after countless BMWs and this fault is enough to stop me every buying another. I have a C207 with a squeaky roof and doors. Nightmare! Anyway, all fixed myself.

Roof - open at slant, tighten both bolts and add blue locktite. This won’t fix it but is good practice. Then open roof fully and buy some fabric electrical tape. Wrap this around all 4 edges of the glass panel. Align the top of the tape with the top edge of the panel, fold around excess or trim with scalpel. It’s the seals making the noise. The cloth tape stops the rubbing. I put this tape on one year ago and it has not come loose when opening closing the roof. If you want to be extra sure, add dots of super glue on the corners however the tape is very sticky. It’s also black so hard to see. NO SPRAY works trust me!

Doors - Buy WD40 silicone spray - once a month insert the straw in to the window seals at the top and spray around the entire seal. It stops the glass rubbing in the seal.

essentially the fault is in all the seals that have a velvet finish. The above helps to eliminate.
James, an excellent suggestion, could you provide pictures of what you did for the rest of us regarding the pano?