C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

New Benz guy need some help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300
New Benz guy need some help

First off i dont even know if im in the right section but i couldnt find a c300 sections so here I am. I am looking into buying a used '17 C300 and i have a few questions. Ive never owned a Mercedes before so im a bit of a newby. The 1st thing im getting really confused on is the packages and the features that come with the car. Can you guys provide a link with a more detail break down of the packages and what comes standard with the car. For example is the mbrace package with remote start standard, or is that something you have to add on. Also i saw that there is an option for the windshield projection info but that is not listed in any of the packages. If the car has the rear camera does it automatically have the 180 degree view or is that only part of a certain package? Next i will be looking into modding it a bit so i would want to start with some coilovers and wheels. Being that the car has some special adjustabel suspension am i able to lower it and also can i run staggered wheels on it without messing up any sensors? I would appreciate your guys' help as i begin my journey with MB!
Old 01-11-2018, 06:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'97 sl320, 2017 C300 base
Originally Posted by MashinA
First off i dont even know if im in the right section but i couldnt find a c300 sections so here I am. I am looking into buying a used '17 C300 and i have a few questions. Ive never owned a Mercedes before so im a bit of a newby. The 1st thing im getting really confused on is the packages and the features that come with the car. Can you guys provide a link with a more detail break down of the packages and what comes standard with the car. For example is the mbrace package with remote start standard, or is that something you have to add on. Also i saw that there is an option for the windshield projection info but that is not listed in any of the packages. If the car has the rear camera does it automatically have the 180 degree view or is that only part of a certain package? Next i will be looking into modding it a bit so i would want to start with some coilovers and wheels. Being that the car has some special adjustabel suspension am i able to lower it and also can i run staggered wheels on it without messing up any sensors? I would appreciate your guys' help as i begin my journey with MB!
We just bought a 2017 with 9000 miles on it. Dealer loaner car. One year old and the 1st maintenance had just been don on it. Very good deal. It's stripped, but even stripped this car has a lot of features. We had bought a cla250 previously which we took back as it was torture on my back. That car came with the $800 LED package and we can't tell the difference between that and the regular stock light on the C300. There is a further lighting option for $2000. I added a Gamin SD card last night but still having a hard time trying to figure out if I get traffic updates and re-routing based on that. Very difficult to get straight information. Very happy with the car. If you are young and limber, you may like the cla250 for $10,000 less. The C300 is deffinitely a smoother riding car and the seats are much more comfortable for me. I try to stay away from options and packages as they add too much to the price, in my view. $40,000 car becomes $50+ real quick. I think Mercedes makes a lot of their money on options and packages.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:55 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2015 C 300 4MATIC
Go to: https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehic...-C/model-C300W and click on view all under each section. There are lots of options listed. Yes, this is for the 2018. But not much as change from 2017 to 2018. I suggest getting a c300 back from lease as these tend to have a decent amount of options without paying full price.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:33 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by mirkee1
We just bought a 2017 with 9000 miles on it. Dealer loaner car. One year old and the 1st maintenance had just been don on it. Very good deal. It's stripped, but even stripped this car has a lot of features. We had bought a cla250 previously which we took back as it was torture on my back. That car came with the $800 LED package and we can't tell the difference between that and the regular stock light on the C300. There is a further lighting option for $2000.
Thanks for the info. Probably going to look at a 2017 loaner C300 this weekend. I wanted to know about the lights as well, I think I see all of the newer models with the LED strips on the lights. Is that stock on all of them?

Any more tips appreciated
Old 01-11-2018, 11:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Jmilt87
Thanks for the info. Probably going to look at a 2017 loaner C300 this weekend. I wanted to know about the lights as well, I think I see all of the newer models with the LED strips on the lights. Is that stock on all of them?

Any more tips appreciated
It doesn't come with it stock.

You need either "Advanced Lighting Package" which gives adaptive LED lights or "LED headlamps and taillamps" option for regular LED lights.

Good luck with search.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:22 AM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by sunk318
It doesn't come with it stock.

You need either "Advanced Lighting Package" which gives adaptive LED lights or "LED headlamps and taillamps" option for regular LED lights.

Good luck with search.
Thanks. Does anyone have a picture comparison? I can’t seem to have any luck searching online.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:16 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic
Here are pictures of the three types. The ILS package is my 2015, so it might like *slightly* different on the 2017/2018 models (I'm not sure if anything changed). The other two are 2018 model cars. The halogen are very easy to see the difference, but the LED vs. ILS are more subtle and it might be easier to check the options sheet instead of going by looks alone.

Hope that helps.

Base Halogen Headlights

Static LED Headlights

ILS Intelligent Lighting Package
Old 01-12-2018, 01:52 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by pete_w
Here are pictures of the three types. The ILS package is my 2015, so it might like *slightly* different on the 2017/2018 models (I'm not sure if anything changed). The other two are 2018 model cars. The halogen are very easy to see the difference, but the LED vs. ILS are more subtle and it might be easier to check the options sheet instead of going by looks alone.

Hope that helps.

Base Halogen Headlights

Static LED Headlights

ILS Intelligent Lighting Package
Very helpful. Thank you!
Old 01-12-2018, 05:58 PM

2017 C300
does any one know if we can lower these cars without messing up the adjustable suspension and throwing any lights on the dash?