C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

What is worth paying for in a new C300 lease?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
What is worth paying for in a new C300 lease?

Hi there. I am going into my first Mercedes. A C300. I have always driven an Audi A4 for many years and never really taken any of the fancy lease and maintenance packages from Audi. I’ve never had a problem. I maybe put on 7 to 8k a year. Mercedes has put the fear of god in me that I need to buy a tire/rim protection package and the leasewear protection package and the 1000$ maintenance package. It’s quite expensive all together but they say they are so picky and if I don’t do the services there in my 3 year 36k lease that I will get billed and any damage to the car is extremely expensive and I will crack the front bottom ground effects for sure and every damage will cost me money. I am not too happy with their approach to make me buy all this extra protection. It’s about 3500$ extra in total. I’d love to hear from other people that have leased a C300 and if they have had any trouble. This is Mercedes Canada also btw.

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2018, 11:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 C300-4M
I can't say what your experience will be at turn-in, but I've returned a couple. I had (3) c300's and turned (2) in. I drive the same mileage (8K) and drive them in Boston like they are rented (they were lol). I've returned 2 cars with uniformly rashed up rims, trashed tires, way out of alignment, shaking steering wheel, dings, scratches & scraped front splitters. . Usually the interiors are immaculate, but one had a good 2" rip in the MBtex too. I did do the service at the dealer but it wasn't expensive with such low miles. Do the math on adding in the service, and go by your miles and anniversaries, think I had my15K at the two year mark. The wheels and tires, if they are the larger upgraded sizes, then the insurance might be worth it, but I wouldn't get it for the standard set up. I'd replace any bubbled or sidewalled tire with used ebay crap before giving it back to them. The only thing I've even paid for was a few extra miles over my allotted amount.

If there was another dealer near you, I'd tell that sales guy that if they were so harsh at turn in (mine were laughably easy), that maybe I need to start a conversation with one wasn't threatening me with a hard time. Tell him to pound sand and see if he sings a different tune.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:51 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
They're just trying to milk you for all you're worth. It your roads aren't bad, ie lots of potholes, and you drive carefully, you can skip the the/rim protection. Else figure out whether your out of pocket charges for replacing the rim and tire is less/more than the insurance. You can get your car serviced at any MB dealer. You don't have to use the one you bought it from. However, you do need to get it done every year. It will be an A then B then A service. I'm sure you can negotiate the service plan down. All other insurances you can get from the insurance market. MB insurance is generally expensive and not good value for money. At the end of the day, if you don't like the deal walk away. You're paying your money, you get to call the shots.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:04 AM

C300
I think you are right. Sure we have a few potholes, (Toronto) but I have a great tire dealer who can get me tires for around 300ish if I need. I appreciate that the plans cover stuff but they seem a little over-inflated and as someone who has had many leases before I have yet to ever owe anything on a car return. I think I will just try to get the service package down a bit. it is $999. The thing is, I put so little Km's on the car that I am not sure it will need so many services. They said I can do the service anywhere but if it is not done properly then they will charge me.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:26 PM

c400
Originally Posted by Rampageampage
I think you are right. Sure we have a few potholes, (Toronto) but I have a great tire dealer who can get me tires for around 300ish if I need. I appreciate that the plans cover stuff but they seem a little over-inflated and as someone who has had many leases before I have yet to ever owe anything on a car return. I think I will just try to get the service package down a bit. it is $999. The thing is, I put so little Km's on the car that I am not sure it will need so many services. They said I can do the service anywhere but if it is not done properly then they will charge me.
I'm in Mississauga. Who do you use for tires? I have 19" P Zero tires on mine...and I know at some point I'm going to have to replace them.

Thanks,

Mal
Old 02-21-2018, 03:39 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
As a point of reference, I've only had my C43 for 5 days over 13 months with only 4342 miles on it (just checked via MercedesMe) and I've already done my 1st A service. The car will nag you to get it done. So you will have to get it done yearly regardless of the mileage...
Old 02-21-2018, 01:31 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Brit_in_ Canada
I'm in Mississauga. Who do you use for tires? I have 19" P Zero tires on mine...and I know at some point I'm going to have to replace them.

Thanks,

Mal
National Tire on Caladonia is where I go. They seem to have decent prices.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:32 PM

C300
Originally Posted by guhvies
As a point of reference, I've only had my C43 for 5 days over 13 months with only 4342 miles on it (just checked via MercedesMe) and I've already done my 1st A service. The car will nag you to get it done. So you will have to get it done yearly regardless of the mileage...
So do you think its worth the $1000 to prepare the services for the year? I have never had a mercedes so I dont know what the services costs are like?
Old 02-22-2018, 05:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 c300 sport 4matic
Originally Posted by Rampageampage
So do you think its worth the $1000 to prepare the services for the year? I have never had a mercedes so I dont know what the services costs are like?
I think the maintenance package is worth it for the duration of the lease. Its nice to have that out of the way. But I'd ditch the tire protections and anything other protection packages they offer you. You're allowed to have wear and tear when you turn your vehicle in at the end of a lease. That includes imperfect rims.
The following users liked this post:
Rampageampage (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 07:57 AM

C300
Ok, thanks for the opinion... They said I could opt into the maintenance package when I go for my first service so maybe I will do that. So far loving this car... its almost too nice and I hold my breath every time I use the auto park feature.