C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Feeling bad about bringing car in for warranty repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 07:34 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 c300
Feeling bad about bringing car in for warranty repair

so I bought a CPO C300 December of last year and ever since, I've had a ton of issues ranging from wrist pin, to persistent rattles. I've brought the car in about 6x since I bought the car. I feel kinda screwed for buying this car and I will definitely trade it in once the CPO warranty expires. The only positive is the service departments customer service.they didn't build the car, but they're doing everything in their power to make it a better experience for me.

the thing is, I can't help but feel bad / guilty for continuously bringing the car in for repair. I feel like I'm "that guy." I know that I paid for the car and should at least have it functioning in the way I think it should. Am I being petty about bringing the car in for dash rattles / small inconsistencies? Does anyone else feel guilty for bringing their car in (like an obsessive maniac, lol) ?
Old 03-07-2018, 09:04 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by Elbandito
so I bought a CPO C300 December of last year and ever since, I've had a ton of issues ranging from wrist pin, to persistent rattles. I've brought the car in about 6x since I bought the car. I feel kinda screwed for buying this car and I will definitely trade it in once the CPO warranty expires. The only positive is the service departments customer service.they didn't build the car, but they're doing everything in their power to make it a better experience for me.

the thing is, I can't help but feel bad / guilty for continuously bringing the car in for repair. I feel like I'm "that guy." I know that I paid for the car and should at least have it functioning in the way I think it should. Am I being petty about bringing the car in for dash rattles / small inconsistencies? Does anyone else feel guilty for bringing their car in (like an obsessive maniac, lol) ?
Nearly every single time I brought my car in for warranty I would bring a case of beer for both my service writer and the tech. Cost me less than $20 and built a lot of good will with the people in the service center. Whenever I would bring my car in they treated me like family even if what I was asking them to check seemed silly (like weird noise or squeaks). I suggest doing the same. They barely get paid for warranty work and the whole thing is hinged on getting 5s across the board on surveys.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
W205 C250

Try to push them harder to fix your car which you exchanged for your hard earned money and then you will see how good they will treat you.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:19 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Guilty? Why are you so naive? These people wouldn't hesitate to charge me $200 for a simple oil change. $8 for a freaking key fob battery. Every time they fix something, they charge it to MBUSA. Nothing is free.It's strictly business. They're not doing you any favor here.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:43 PM

W205 C250
Originally Posted by huyuci
Guilty? Why are you so naive? These people wouldn't hesitate to charge me $200 for a simple oil change. $8 for a freaking key fob battery. Every time they fix something, they charge it to MBUSA. Nothing is free.It's strictly business. They're not doing you any favor here.
People think warranty is simple, but it is not. It's all about the money.

SHOW ME THE MONEEEEEY!!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/9HQRIttS5C4Za/giphy.gif
Old 03-07-2018, 05:57 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Originally Posted by Terminator1
People think warranty is simple, but it is not. It's all about the money.

SHOW ME THE MONEEEEEY!!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/9HQRIttS5C4Za/giphy.gif

yeah. Try to ask them to fix something not under warranty for free and see what happens.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:50 PM

Received 310 Likes on 233 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
Originally Posted by DapperStyle
Nearly every single time I brought my car in for warranty I would bring a case of beer for both my service writer and the tech. Cost me less than $20 and built a lot of good will with the people in the service center. Whenever I would bring my car in they treated me like family even if what I was asking them to check seemed silly (like weird noise or squeaks). I suggest doing the same. They barely get paid for warranty work and the whole thing is hinged on getting 5s across the board on surveys.
I agree with treating service writer well. I routinely, discreetly, tip him when having my cars serviced. Have done this for years and have experienced excellent cooperation and assistance when needed. I realize they get paid for doing their job but I like to acknowledge good service.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 mercedes C300
Unbelievable comments about having to kiss *** to get service done. Not going to happen. I've owned 6 Mercedes over the last 17 plus years and have been treated right on warranty work and service.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:02 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
E class, C class
Don't feel bad about this, MB should feel bad for assembling such a sub par car.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:48 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 Mercedes C300 Sport
----- Folks, let's not forget that the warranty $$ is included in the sales price !!!! In other words, we've already paid for it.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:08 AM

W205 C250
Originally Posted by Jay_Chicago
----- Folks, let's not forget that the warranty $$ is included in the sales price !!!! In other words, we've already paid for it.
This should be correct, but I lost a year of my life trying to fix whining differential (there is a thread on this forum explaining my experience) at various workshops. At the end I had to sell the car because I lost confidence in the car, workshops in the area and brand itself.

Last edited by Terminator1; 03-08-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 c220cdi 7g avangarde

I know that feeling, like "oh no, again that pain in the *** psycho with his rattling door panel", but at the other hand, I feel more guilty if I have a problem with a car that isn't fixed. Only in my case dealer didn't solve a problem for last two years, "knock" noise from front suspension. :/
Old 03-08-2018, 10:43 AM

W205 C250
Originally Posted by Spalato
I know that feeling, like "oh no, again that pain in the *** psycho with his rattling door panel", but at the other hand, I feel more guilty if I have a problem with a car that isn't fixed. Only in my case dealer didn't solve a problem for last two years, "knock" noise from front suspension. :/
I've been complaining about steering and it was also not fixed. Imagine steering starting to make grinding noise after 55000km. In my case, I had trouble with differential, PTO, steering and transmission shifting gears in red zone (around 6600 rpm). Workshops were unable to fix any issue, while Mercedes was not helpful either.