Good deal? - MBWorld.org Forums

C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Good deal?

Reply

 
 
 
Old 06-12-2018, 04:07 AM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 C300
Good deal?

I am looking to buy this car and wanted to get some thoughts from the forum if its a good deal?

https://www.mercedesofannarbor.com/u...1de12ea34a.htm
YoungSavage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:32 AM
  #2  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 63
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
2015 c300
Looks like an okay deal. You're getting the sports package, and that colored seat is seemingly rare. I would be a bit cautious about the 2015s, and I'd bargain to drop it down a few grand, esp with that mileage. There are issues with the 2015s, and I've been to the dealer for warranty repairs way more times than I wanted to. If you can drop it down a few grand, and definitely purchase an extended warranty if you want to keep the car past the CPO warranty. Repairs can be expensive. Look to see if there is a wrist pin issue (which is difficult if the weather is warm) / see if there was a repair done for it. If so, when was it done? Some repairs have gone bad, and you can search the forum to read other's experience regarding that. But, if the repair was done a while ago, chances are things went well so it wouldn't be anything to worry about. Car looks nice, but the 2015s do have their issues. However, there are plenty of happy 2015 c300 owners.
Elbandito is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:58 AM
  #3  
Member
 
GreekUPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 79
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
‘15 C300 4M Sport
Def look into wrist pin issue. I bought my ‘15 in Feb and had to get the wrist pin done a month later. Car drove great before and after repair.
GreekUPS is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:20 AM
  #4  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
C300, C63 AMG
Looks good but is a tad overpriced. If you can get that for $25,000 or less it would be a good deal.
jj33low is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:06 PM
  #5  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2015 C 300 4MATIC
Love the white/red color combo and the color of the wood trim. I wouldn't pay above 26K for this car. The 15' have enough issues and all the options are essentially for ascetics.
Up_Not_Down is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:25 PM
  #6  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by Up_Not_Down View Post
Love the white/red color combo and the color of the wood trim. I wouldn't pay above 26K for this car. The 15' have enough issues and all the options are essentially for ascetics.
What are the issues it has? They offered me a 2 year warranty and i can extend it if i intend to keep it for longer. Also looking around they are all priced around 27-28 in michigan :/
YoungSavage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:26 PM
  #7  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by jj33low View Post
Looks good but is a tad overpriced. If you can get that for $25,000 or less it would be a good deal.
That's the price I want :/ unfortunately when looking for 1 owner no accident '15 C300 in Michigan price is around 27-28k for all of them.
YoungSavage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:33 PM
  #8  
Member
 
GreekUPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 79
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
‘15 C300 4M Sport
Originally Posted by YoungSavage View Post
That's the price I want :/ unfortunately when looking for 1 owner no accident '15 C300 in Michigan price is around 27-28k for all of them.

If it needs a wrist pin repair you will be without the car for 1-4 weeks. And then u will have a major engine repair on the carfax.
GreekUPS is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:10 PM
  #9  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by GreekUPS View Post
If it needs a wrist pin repair you will be without the car for 1-4 weeks. And then u will have a major engine repair on the carfax.
It is certified.. would they not look for this/fix this during the certification process?
YoungSavage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:24 PM
  #10  
Member
 
GreekUPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 79
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
‘15 C300 4M Sport
Nope, I have CPO and they didnt “notice” on mine till I said something. Don’t think they can certify it if it has the wrist pin defect. The wrist pin defect was in the first batch of cars produced. I would search wrist pin on this site to find the out the exact engine build dates that have the problem and then ask the dealership if that vehicle is in that date range. GL
GreekUPS is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:31 PM
  #11  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by GreekUPS View Post
Nope, I have CPO and they didnt “notice” on mine till I said something. Don’t think they can certify it if it has the wrist pin defect. The wrist pin defect was in the first batch of cars produced. I would search wrist pin on this site to find the out the exact engine build dates that have the problem and then ask the dealership if that vehicle is in that date range. GL
I can't seem to find the production dates with the issue can you link me it? Also so if they sell me a "CPO" and it has the wrist pin I'm screwed? If they can't certify it if it has the issue, shouldn't that mean certified ones don't have it?
YoungSavage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:42 PM
  #12  
Member
 
GreekUPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 79
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
‘15 C300 4M Sport
No you’re not screwed. They will repair it under warranty. The problem after that is if u want to sell or trade the car in it will show a major repair. I suggest reading thru these threads. U might be able to ask the dealership to check on this for u too.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...st-pin-no.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ine-noise.html
GreekUPS is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:52 PM
  #13  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by GreekUPS View Post
No you’re not screwed. They will repair it under warranty. The problem after that is if u want to sell or trade the car in it will show a major repair. I suggest reading thru these threads. U might be able to ask the dealership to check on this for u too.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...st-pin-no.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ine-noise.html
Thank you! I will ask the dealership and make sure it has been fixed/ make sure the engine is the newer one. Any other issues/concerns I should look into?
YoungSavage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:43 PM
  #14  
Member
 
GreekUPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 79
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
‘15 C300 4M Sport
Make sure all the illuminated door sills light up, smell for moldy scent when AC on or just driving around with windows and/or pano open, check wear indicator on wipers (mine were never replaced). Also check that chips,nicks and scratches are fixed. Test drove mine on a rainy day and picked it up on rainy day which made it harder for me to search for wear.
GreekUPS is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:27 PM
  #15  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
c400
Originally Posted by GreekUPS View Post
Make sure all the illuminated door sills light up, smell for moldy scent when AC on or just driving around with windows and/or pano open, check wear indicator on wipers (mine were never replaced). Also check that chips,nicks and scratches are fixed. Test drove mine on a rainy day and picked it up on rainy day which made it harder for me to search for wear.
I thought the modly ac smell, especially when you have it on with the windows down, was normal for mercedes? Is there a fix for this? Mine only smells when I have the windows opened with the ac on
richysh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:44 AM
  #16  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 75
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
2015 C300
That’s a beautiful car at a fair price. I bought my 2015 a few months ago and love it. I’ve a bad few warranty items but all cosmetic. I have red interior with the same options plus distronic, HUD, and lighting package and 12k less miles and I paid about $3k more for reference. Obviously negotiate as best you can but that seems like a fair price.
Anttribb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:43 AM
  #17  
Super Member
 
Star4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 707
Thanked 72 Times in 62 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
just an fyi, i am from michigan and I tend to stay away from buying from Michigan dealers, especially ann arbor and novi. Their pricing new or used has always been higher than other dealers in surrounding states and they dont negotiate at all. in addition if you get the "lower end" mercedes such as cla gla c300 etc, they seem to treat you different. I experienced this first hand, i had a 2014 c250, a very nice car and fairly new at the time, went into novi and the service was just unenthusiastic and i was not important, flash forward a year, and i come in there with a new c43 (that i bought in Pennsylvania) to pick up some parts and pull into the bay to park and they are all over me. the c43 isnt even that crazy of a car, but they heard the exhaust, saw the latest model and came a running. maybe its just my experience but i have had bad luck with a lot of the michigan mercedes dealers.

My best experiences has been with mercedes benz of bloomfield hills on woodward. they are friendly but still have pricing to the higher side but they tried to work with me some. I ended up driving to Pennsylvania to get my c43. pennsyvania offered me $2000 more on my 2014 c250 trade in. novi and others excuse was they would have a hard time selling it because its rear wheel drive and we get snow. last time i checked pennsylvania gets snow and has winter as well. also they didnt negotaite at all on the c43. guy says oh ill sell this car this weekend, blah blah i dont need to discount it. well as i drove past the dealer in my new c43 from Pennsylvania, the one i was looking at sat there for a few months. so they sat on it and lost a local customer and now they have me writing about it here.


just my .02 but i am pretty sure all or most of the michigan dealers are owned by the same group and they are all money hungry. will hit you on the sale and on the back end with service.

Last edited by Star4life; 06-13-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Star4life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:49 PM
  #18  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by Star4life View Post
just an fyi, i am from michigan and I tend to stay away from buying from Michigan dealers, especially ann arbor and novi. Their pricing new or used has always been higher than other dealers in surrounding states and they dont negotiate at all. in addition if you get the "lower end" mercedes such as cla gla c300 etc, they seem to treat you different. I experienced this first hand, i had a 2014 c250, a very nice car and fairly new at the time, went into novi and the service was just unenthusiastic and i was not important, flash forward a year, and i come in there with a new c43 (that i bought in Pennsylvania) to pick up some parts and pull into the bay to park and they are all over me. the c43 isnt even that crazy of a car, but they heard the exhaust, saw the latest model and came a running. maybe its just my experience but i have had bad luck with a lot of the michigan mercedes dealers.

My best experiences has been with mercedes benz of bloomfield hills on woodward. they are friendly but still have pricing to the higher side but they tried to work with me some. I ended up driving to Pennsylvania to get my c43. pennsyvania offered me $2000 more on my 2014 c250 trade in. novi and others excuse was they would have a hard time selling it because its rear wheel drive and we get snow. last time i checked pennsylvania gets snow and has winter as well. also they didnt negotaite at all on the c43. guy says oh ill sell this car this weekend, blah blah i dont need to discount it. well as i drove past the dealer in my new c43 from Pennsylvania, the one i was looking at sat there for a few months. so they sat on it and lost a local customer and now they have me writing about it here.


just my .02 but i am pretty sure all or most of the michigan dealers are owned by the same group and they are all money hungry. will hit you on the sale and on the back end with service.
I don't really want to make a trip out too far , but the ann arbor dealership has treated me decent other than the higher price.
YoungSavage is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good deal?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: