C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

wife bought a 19 c3004 w/ amg line

Old 11-13-2018, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB c300 2016
wife bought a 19 c3004 w/ amg line

I told her nooooooo....lol.....

I race vintage stuff and know cars, but I thought the 19 " set up in NY will bite her ****.......

so shes got the deep gray multi spoke staggered 19's......

staggering these cars is so silly.....

do u all know if we can get an 18 inch winter package to fit?.........

.I have no idea, and dealer knows less. Id assume brakes( calis) and rotors are same?...but yet her frt rotors are drilled!!!!!!!!!

I guess I can always get her just all seasons for a few mos..w/ stock wheels........but man they are lo profile!....iirc 35 in rear.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:05 PM

MB c300 2016
my man at TR said 18 and even 17's work...

even tho rotors are drilled the sizing on brakes is same.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 C43 Sedan
Tire Rack will sell you un-staggered 18"s that work. I'm sure other places will as well, but Tire Rack also already has the spacers figured out which is nice.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:16 PM

MB c300 2016
Originally Posted by MasterTowlie
Tire Rack will sell you un-staggered 18"s that work. I'm sure other places will as well, but Tire Rack also already has the spacers figured out which is nice.

spacers?...........do the packages include wheels w/ bad offsets?.....incorrect offsets?.......I use spacers on a track car..... Id prefer not on the wifes sled. Ill ask
Old 11-13-2018, 05:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 C43 Sedan
I suppose you can not use spacers if you don't mind the rear tire tucking up under the car more than the front. Can't say I've tried that, or would bother trying it because I have to say, that's going to look terrible.

Edit: I'm wrong, spacers not needed, thanks RemmyZero!

Last edited by MasterTowlie; 11-15-2018 at 03:10 PM. Reason: correction
Old 11-13-2018, 06:13 PM

MB c300 2016
I hear ya!
Old 11-15-2018, 08:52 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
2016 C300 4matic
Originally Posted by MasterTowlie
I suppose you can not use spacers if you don't mind the rear tire tucking up under the car more than the front. Can't say I've tried that, or would bother trying it because I have to say, that's going to look terrible.
I don't use spacers on my winter setup. It's a tire rack set of 18s. I will post a photo if I can find one but there's no issue with the staggering. The front and back wheel hubs are along the same line of the car body. The staggering comes from the rear wheel being physically deeper, but the face of the rim where the wheel hub meets the rim's bolting area is physically the same on all four wheels for the sport wheels. And if i'm wrong, well it totally looks fine to me.
The following users liked this post:
MasterTowlie (11-15-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 11:52 AM

2016 C300 4matic
Unfortunately these are the only photos I have on my phone at the moment but I think this is enough to show that the staggered setup isn't an issue with plain old 18" snow tires and rims.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:19 PM

MB c300 2016
looks fine....!!!!!

what tires?

I DOUBT my wifes sled has rear wider wheels w/different offset than frts?

Id just assume that mb used a staggered tire size frt vs rr?....but all 4 wheels are the same...........I could be wrong but I mean this isnt a real amg or bmw M car where they really tune up the set up and u get staggered wheels and tires!.

Dutchess........Im close in Westchester......those wheels look oe!!!!!
Old 11-16-2018, 08:49 AM

2016 C300 4matic
Originally Posted by 16c3
looks fine....!!!!!

what tires?

I DOUBT my wifes sled has rear wider wheels w/different offset than frts?

Id just assume that mb used a staggered tire size frt vs rr?....but all 4 wheels are the same...........I could be wrong but I mean this isnt a real amg or bmw M car where they really tune up the set up and u get staggered wheels and tires!.

Dutchess........Im close in Westchester......those wheels look oe!!!!!
Well if she has the amg sport package with amg rims then she does have staggered wheels but maybe I mis-understood your original question. I'm not sure if BMW or other brands physically design the rear wheels to stick out past the front, but Mercedes doesn't do that, at least not on the C or E classes.

I love those wheels, the OE look is really why I went for them. As for the tires I only run Pirelli Sottozero Series II. I've messed around with a lot of different tires and frankly the only ones i'll buy are Pirelli. I have driven in every major snow storm in this area since 2006 and never had an issue when I was running Pirelli all-seasons and the car turns into a mountain goat with Pirelli snow tires. Unfortunately I have the Continental all-seasons still on my car that came with it. Had I known how bad this storm was going to be i'd have thrown my snows on. I drove to work in Westchester today after the 10 inches of snow we got last night. Even on plowed roads the Continental tires SUCK. If I get another Mercedes i'm going to barter for better tires. The stock Conti's are plain awful in the snow.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:58 AM

MB c300 2016
....well, Im shocked if she has staggered wheels.....but I hear ya

sooooooo this storrn was very unexpected!..wow.......wow....

I met my wife at a bar in White Plains..at 4 pm yesterday.........I drove my fwd daily, that I stole from my son.., 04 Buick lesabre...a great car actually

so we stay at bar till 6 ish..its coming down hard. traction outside is horrendous!!!!!111!!! now to decide: fwd american tank w/ all seasons vs 19 c300/4 w/ summer tires?????????............

we/I choose the MB...dont ask me y...Im not even sure....lol

north on 684 is UNREAL.......over 45 cars stuck..and Im talking awd cars and suv's..it was nuttttts......

so this c300 hot rod lol is just climbing....sure its all over the place but man its climbing!.....I try my best not to stop......lol.....but the drivers were soooo bad around us.....sooooo bad....

we get 39 mi home!.......then what?.....the hot rod just cant climb up our complex' hill.......the tires just aint grabbing....sooooo frustrating...I had to back her off the hill.....notttttt fun.

parked her and security in my complex got us home..

overall?........she is a great car....lol

but she needs snows or all seasons for bad weather.............but man she did good!