C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

W205 Zito 20in Wheels Rubbing Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205
W205 Zito 20in Wheels Rubbing Problem

Hi all,

recently I installed H&R Springs onto my W205, together attached the new 20" Rims ZITO ZS05 gunmetal 8.5 Front, 10 Rear. My tires spec are 245/35 Front and 275/30 Rear.

When cruising at 50-60km/h the front left tyre is rubbing the fender, as well as the rear tyre when I drive towards an incline road like multi-storey car park. Weird that the right hand side fitment are a little bit tucked in and no rubbing problem at all.

I have not spoor my car but I found out that the front camber can be adjusted while rear camber is fixed. To be able to get the rear camber to be adjusted I need to buy this, checked online and it is available in my local market:

http://www.hardrace.com/Product_detail.asp?id=3496

Now what I want to discuss with you, which one suits better:

1. H&R Spring + Adjusting Front Camber to tuck in a bit + Installing Rear Camber Kit to tuck in the left rear setup. (I just need to invest more on the rear camber kit).

2. Sell the H&R Spring, forget the rear camber kit by HardRace, buy BC Coilover instead to play with the ride height and stiffness of the suspension to avoid vertical travel of the shock absorber while driving on rough terrain (generally more expensive but the car will be more tune-able).

I need your suggestions, meanwhile I am posting my car setup last weekend. I changed the H&R spring yesterday to reduce rubbing because my wife also drive this car for grocery shopping etc. Meanwhile I am looking for solutions to this problem.

Any comments and suggestions would be much appreciated. Sorry for my English.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 535 Posts
c
where are you rubbing? cause i can't imagine it's anywhere to be concerned. probably just a fender liner or inner fender lip

you chose the wrong tires - they are too tall/diameter too large compared to stock (the rear is okay but front is too tall)

Last edited by alexasa; 08-27-2019 at 08:06 AM.