C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

S205 analog clock retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 04:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
C250d 4 matic (S205)
S205 analog clock retrofit

Hi everyone,
I want to change my centre consolle from the awful (to me) piano black to the nice (to me) black ash wood. And I was looking to have the analog clock which is not installed on my car.
I talked with my dealer and he said it was possible. But now he said that he does not know where it has to be connected. I had confirmation from the part supplier and therefore I have ordered all the necessary parts. Now I have all parts to made the replacement, but I have no idea on how to connect the analog clock.

I have tried to look for a post with a discussion on how to connect the analog clock, in the forum but I did not find any. And that strange because I remember that when I have seen something about that on this forum

Is there anyone who can help me to identify from where to where I have to pull a cable or give me the part number of the cable used on models with the analog clock from factory?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-11-2019, 05:00 PM

Received 132 Likes on 111 Posts
‘15 C300 4M Sport, ‘20 GLC300
Not sure its been done.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...iwc-clock.html
Old 09-12-2019, 01:49 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
C220D W205 Estate
I've done it.
It was not that hard.
It need signal from COC 26

To retro-fit an analogue clock in a W205 C class, you need a 12VDC supply (red wire+) a ground (brown wire -) and a yellow wire (LIN to auto update the time) this must be connected to the front SAM module (plug COC pin 26) which is situated above the footwell (top left or right corner depending on LHD or RHD) You will have to remove the cover over the hood release handle. The SAM unit is above the cover but the access to it is not great and is sometimes difficult to find for the first time! (It is a Grey unit about 20cm x 15cm with 5 plugs connected to it. If you do not make this connection with a yellow wire to pin 26 - the clock will not set to the correct time automatically.
Good Luck.

Last edited by TorbenK; 09-12-2019 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:53 PM

C250d 4 matic (S205)
Originally Posted by TorbenK
I've done it.
It was not that hard.
It need signal from COC 26

To retro-fit an analogue clock in a W205 C class, you need a 12VDC supply (red wire+) a ground (brown wire -) and a yellow wire (LIN to auto update the time) this must be connected to the front SAM module (plug COC pin 26) which is situated above the footwell (top left or right corner depending on LHD or RHD) You will have to remove the cover over the hood release handle. The SAM unit is above the cover but the access to it is not great and is sometimes difficult to find for the first time! (It is a Grey unit about 20cm x 15cm with 5 plugs connected to it. If you do not make this connection with a yellow wire to pin 26 - the clock will not set to the correct time automatically.
Good Luck.
Thank you very much for the info!
I have purchased exactly the same black ash wood console with the clock. I am looking forward to find the time to install it. But I started to be worried about the clock when I asked where to connect the cable to my local Mercedes dealer and they told me that it was no possible...
May I ask you some additional questions on that connection?
I will check during next weekend where the SAM module is on my car. I have a RHD as your one.
Since I do not know yet so much this car (I have it only since 2 months) may I ask you where did you connect the 12V+ and -? I assume the + should be connected to a always on 12V, not switched off by ignition contact. Moreover, on the clock, I see there are 3 plugs but there is no indication of what they are for, they are just named 1,2 and 3. Maybe do you remember which one is for what?
I have the original connector on clock side. Is there a special connector for the SAM module?
I will do the job myself, I have some experience on electric circuit on cars.
My last question is for something else. Is your screen the original one? it looks larger than mine (which is a pre-restyling) and definitely with a different graphic.
Thanks again!
Old 09-13-2019, 06:51 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
C220D W205 Estate
Hi.

Hehe, not possible? A lot have done it.

You are right about the connections. Actually I had a repairshop to make the wiring. I was at a service check anyway, so they did it for a very small Price.

You can pick up a permanently live +12v. supply from any convenient point (i.e. establish that the supply is constant even with the Ign. in the 'off' position, but be sure to insert a 3amp. inline fuse into the circuit for safety protection) pick up a - neg. from any convenient close by point available [lighter socket?]

You need the plug that goes into the clock. I bought this at Mercedes and had them plug the wires into it.
They should know which colour goes where.
A0375456328 plug part number.

About your other question....
The screen is something I've retrofitted.
Its is a 10.25 android tablet developed for Mercedes (and other brands).
If you are interrested, there is a (still evolving) usergroup here: Android 10.25 Mercedes user experience' group

BTW: Found this for the plug...:

Last edited by TorbenK; 09-13-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:35 PM

C250d 4 matic (S205)
Hi.

You are right about the connections. Actually I had a repairshop to make the wiring. I was at a service check anyway, so they did it for a very small Price.

You can pick up a permanently live +12v. supply from any convenient point (i.e. establish that the supply is constant even with the Ign. in the 'off' position, but be sure to insert a 3amp. inline fuse into the circuit for safety protection) pick up a - neg. from any convenient close by point available [lighter socket?]

You need the plug that goes into the clock. I bought this at Mercedes and had them plug the wires into it.

If you are interrested, there is a (still evolving) usergroup here: Android 10.25 Mercedes user experience' group

Hi. thanks again for your info.
I have already that connector, same code, but without wires...
Today I have spoken again with my Mercedes dealer. After my questions they have given me the electrical schemes of the car (limited to the clock) and I have found all 3 connections. The clock signal is the number 26 as you have mentioned, but I have found also the + and -. I need to identify them on the car now, but I am pretty confident that the work is easy. I will probably check that next week, as soon as I have some time.
I will post the result once the job will be done.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:28 PM

C250d 4 matic (S205)
Hi, I come back on this post because I still have not managed to connect the watch… With the electrical scheme received by Mercedes, I have identified the 3 necessary connections on the scheme.
The one to synchronize the time is in the gray box near the hood releaser. I have the pin number but… I cannot see where the pin is physically located. And I do not have the metal pin for the connection.
Concerning the "+" connection, I cannot find where the one shown on the scheme is. I cannot find it in the car. Also in this case, I suppose there is a metal pin, which I do not have.
The "-" is less problematic because can be connected everywhere, but in theory it should be connected to the "common ground" point which I cannot identify in the car.
Last but not least, I have the plastic connector for the clock side, the one shown in the pictures above, but I have realized that I do not have the internal metal pins…

Because the scheduled maintenance service was approaching, I stopped my research and I asked support to my Mercedes dealer. I have explained them in details what is my problem with this watch and they told me there were going to look at that.
Last week I had the service. They told me that they were not sure about the connections and they have not done anything. They asked support to Mercedes Benz in Germany and they have to call me back, but honestly I have some doubts that they will come back with a solution.
Therefore, I am here for asking some support from somebody of you who has personally done this connection.
Thanks is advance.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205
Hi.

I'm having the same issues with the OP.

1. I have located the front Sam unit at the footwell. How do I disconnect the blue connector? There seems to be a grey lock on the blue connector. How do I take it out to pull out the blue connector? And how do connect the yellow wire to the pin 26? Just push it in?

2. On the driver side, this are all the fuses that are available in my car. Which is the correct 12V to connect the red wire to?

At the fuse for the analog clock. There isn’t a wire that connects it at the back even.

thank you in advance!

Last edited by ricnas; 07-22-2020 at 11:14 PM. Reason: inserted images
Old 07-23-2020, 05:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes c220 4matic AMG line
I would go for central console from GLC, because will fit and don't need to put analog clock into
Old 07-23-2020, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 184 Likes on 151 Posts
GLC 300d 4matic
Originally Posted by duffo77
I would go for central console from GLC, because will fit and don't need to put analog clock into
The whole point is that the OP wants a clock?
What good would the GLC console be?
Old 08-07-2020, 09:30 PM

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts
C450,GLC 63,VW GTI
Until one day someone can make a decent write up with instructions on this...I did this in the meantime.

Looks OEM. :-p (EVEN TRICKED THE DEALER ..HAHA)

The following 4 users liked this post by SilverBullet18:
Kush Desai (08-18-2020), Pauljb (07-17-2021), sidsidhu (06-03-2023), sixmarch (08-08-2020)
Old 08-08-2020, 09:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 C300
Wow that looks great!
Old 08-18-2020, 03:49 PM

C250d 4 matic (S205)
I have finaly solved the problem.
Consolle replaced and watch working.
Picture of before and after.

Before

After

Night
Old 08-18-2020, 04:29 PM

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts
C450,GLC 63,VW GTI
Did you have to code the clock for it to work? or is it plug and play ?
Old 08-19-2020, 03:05 PM

C250d 4 matic (S205)
You do not need to code it. It is recognized automaticly.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:09 PM

w205 c200
Hi, I fitted black wood consoles with clock to my w205. The clock always stops 6 hours after the car is turned off. After opening the door, it spins and positions itself properly. It is like that every day. What could be causing this? Please help
Old 04-06-2021, 06:14 AM

W205
Analogue clock fitting

Hi.

HI

Where do I find the wires seen above. I only have the connecter purchased from MB
Old 04-10-2021, 06:27 AM

W205
Retro fit analogue clock w205. Wiring

Hi

I know there has been previous post regarding this. I wanted to know what amps do the wires Red, Brown and Yellow need to be.
[/QUOTE]
Old 06-03-2023, 04:58 AM

c 200
Originally Posted by Ale675

Before

After

Night
Hi bro this is Daren from Malaysia , I have the same problem too I have follow all the step upper but the clock still not working , my question is ; is it gonna code 1st to make the clock move ?
Old 08-16-2023, 08:39 AM

MB 180 K
Originally Posted by Ale675

Before

After

Night
Great! I have the same problem! Can you explain in details how you done it? Thank you in advance!
Old 09-06-2023, 01:18 PM

MB 180 K
Done! Thank you for the topic info!

Old 11-04-2023, 10:39 AM

C Class S205 2019
Same problem

Originally Posted by vatanasiu
Done! Thank you for the topic info!

Hello vatanasiu.
Can you explain how do you made the connections?
Thanks you