C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Question about mercedes factory 9 channel burmester amplifier

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 449 Likes on 345 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Helix DSP Setting Inputs, Outputs, and X-overs

Setting IO page on 4.06 DSP PC Tool (1)

Setting Xovers on 4.06 DSP PC Tool (2)

Updating

Last edited by benzdude; 07-21-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-21-2020, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
How To - Setting Helix DSP's Input Gain & Input EQ Using Its Input RTA
Old 07-21-2020, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Wow... I’ll have to check out those videos after dinner. I am not skilled in tuning so I’ll be using the Fix to flatten everything out.

Man, signal processing GM an get real expensive real quick.

are you going to run any subs in the truck?
Old 07-21-2020, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by C63S AMiGo
Wow... I’ll have to check out those videos after dinner. I am not skilled in tuning so I’ll be using the Fix to flatten everything out.

Man, signal processing GM an get real expensive real quick.

are you going to run any subs in the truck?
If you get the JL Audio Fix 82 make sure to update the firmware first thing.

I have a JL Audio ACP208LG-W3V3 microsub + in the trunk.
Fits perfectly.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:29 PM

2017 C63S Coupe
Thats the subs I wanted but I measured the trunk and not sure it fits (Coupe). That area pinches in just a little at the top. I’ll make a cardboard template to double check.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:29 AM

2017 C63S Coupe
I spoke with Morel yesterday and they stated they are coming out with a W205 specific kit early 2021. I initially called to get an opinion on using the Virtus Nano Carbon 3 way but my thoughts were confirmed that the mid is too small (2.5”) and that you’ll lose too much of the upper end of the 6.5” speakers due to all the obstructions.

Does anyone know how much mounting room we have for the 4” mid? The Match 4” fronts are 1-3/8” deep and I’m looking at the Audiofrogs GB40s which are 1-5/8” deep.

Do you know if that extra 1/4” will clear?

I don’t think I’ll take the leap on the Stegs, Etons, or GZ. I can’t get the Rainbows, and not a big fan of Focal tweeters. I’ve looked at a few 3 way sets but finding an upper lever with a tweeter that will fit is a little tough, and if it does, it’s a 3” or 2.5” mid, which is too small. If I blow my cash on the DSP, then I can’t really swing JL C7 components either.

I will say this, Match has all the information you could ever want. They give you detailed specs, measurements, and instructions. All the other plug and play options are missing at least some info (Eton is missing most).

BENZDUDE, the videos are a big help, they’ve taken away a lot of my fear of getting a tune started that won’t blow any of the equipment. I appreciate them.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
I spoke with Morel yesterday and they stated they are coming out with a W205 specific kit early 2021. I initially called to get an opinion on using the Virtus Nano Carbon 3 way but my thoughts were confirmed that the mid is too small (2.5”) and that you’ll lose too much of the upper end of the 6.5” speakers due to all the obstructions.

Does anyone know how much mounting room we have for the 4” mid? The Match 4” fronts are 1-3/8” deep and I’m looking at the Audiofrogs GB40s which are 1-5/8” deep.

Do you know if that extra 1/4” will clear?

I don’t think I’ll take the leap on the Stegs, Etons, or GZ. I can’t get the Rainbows, and not a big fan of Focal tweeters. I’ve looked at a few 3 way sets but finding an upper lever with a tweeter that will fit is a little tough, and if it does, it’s a 3” or 2.5” mid, which is too small. If I blow my cash on the DSP, then I can’t really swing JL C7 components either.

I will say this, Match has all the information you could ever want. They give you detailed specs, measurements, and instructions. All the other plug and play options are missing at least some info (Eton is missing most).

BENZDUDE, the videos are a big help, they’ve taken away a lot of my fear of getting a tune started that won’t blow any of the equipment. I appreciate them.
I didn't measure depth, but I think you should be fine. It wouldn't hurt to remove one back door panel and measure.

Old 07-22-2020, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Here is a view from the side showing the stock speaker height

Last edited by benzdude; 07-22-2020 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:19 PM

2017 C63S Coupe
Your match speakers look great in there. I’ll do a squish test to get the clearance or pull off the speaker grills, remount the door panel and measure.

Going through all these threads is awesome. Really makes this stuff possible without paying a ton in labor.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Your match speakers look great in there. I’ll do a squish test to get the clearance or pull off the speaker grills, remount the door panel and measure.

Going through all these threads is awesome. Really makes this stuff possible without paying a ton in labor.
Speaker grilles don't pull off from outside and are attached to the upper trim piece.

These are after market ambient grilles I installed.

I filled in the space between them with foam to direct all sound outwards, before installing the match speakers.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:44 PM

2017 C63S Coupe
Question for another thread, but did you do a 64 color ambient upgrade?
Old 07-22-2020, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Question for another thread, but did you do a 64 color ambient upgrade?
Nope. I have 3 color factory ambient so i just tapped into the existing wires.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:49 PM

2017 C63S Coupe
Gotcha. I have yet to find someone who has the 64 upgrade on a coupe
Old 07-22-2020, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Gotcha. I have yet to find someone who has the 64 upgrade on a coupe
64 ambient just means more wires to tap, if you already have factory ambient. I believe its 5 wires.

​​​
Old 08-27-2020, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Audiotec Fischer has now made a well written manual for the ZEN-M and their DSP AMPS. (Are they buying NAV-TV as a company or just a colab?)

*Attached

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/h...s/nav-tv-zen-m

Attached Files
Old 02-18-2021, 09:55 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
'21 C63S Cabrio, '21 Corvette C8, '18 BMW X5
Originally Posted by benzdude
I got the complete Match speaker set for W205 and installed them.

The Match subwoofer frequency response is listed as 25 Hz - 250 Hz. I still run them on Full Range.

I went with MATCH because of price, performance and they provided full specs and proper information on their products.

Plus, I will be replacing the Audison Prima 8.9 DSP and driving them with a Helix V TWELVE DSP soon. (keep it in the family)
I just picked up a '21 C63S and the sound is well below what I had in the '18 Mustang I traded in. The sound is thin and boomy. I was thinking of doing a swap out of the OEM speakers to the Match plug and play speakers. Did you have to use any additional external LPF/HPFs? Would you say the upgrade was worth it even before you put in the amp/dsp?

Thanks
Old 02-18-2021, 12:38 PM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by smbsocal
I just picked up a '21 C63S and the sound is well below what I had in the '18 Mustang I traded in. The sound is thin and boomy. I was thinking of doing a swap out of the OEM speakers to the Match plug and play speakers. Did you have to use any additional external LPF/HPFs? Would you say the upgrade was worth it even before you put in the amp/dsp?

Thanks
You'll definitely want to upgrade the amplifier and it should probably be the first thing you do in the car to get better sound.
I changed my front doors to the Match speakers before doing the amplifier and whilst the sound was improved a lot (probably more to do with the tweeters which I lacked rather than the 4" drivers) it still lacked a lot, especially in the bass department.
You don't need any more filters, the tweeter ones are included in the box.
The following users liked this post:
benzdude (02-18-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport

Thanks
Most of the Match speakers feature passive crossovers (see pics). The tweeters come little external boxes that allow 0, -3, or -6 attenuation. I left mine all at 0.

You can do your upgrade in stages:

1. First thing I would try is adding a trunk sub and adjusting mid, treble and bass, surround and fade values to your liking. (if statisfied stop here)

​​​​2. You can also replace the front woofers*

*The front woofers do need some DSP adjustments to sound the best.

(if statisfied stop here)

3. If not, replace the front and rear door speakers (if statisfied stop here)
​​​
4. If not, add a DSP amplifier and tune the sound to your liking. You can leave the center and surrounds on the factory amp and balance everything out.

5. Finally, You can replace all speakers, factory amp and tune all 9 channels and never be able to stop tweaking the sound.

I am at stage 5 currently.

if you car is non burmester audio, Match has all of the plug and play cables and amps to make the job easier.
The following 2 users liked this post by benzdude:
Gary_D (06-16-2021), PaulR7 (02-18-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Most of the Match speakers feature passive crossovers (see pics). The tweeters come little external boxes that allow 0, -3, or -6 attenuation. I left mine all at 0.

1. First thing I would try is adding a trunk sub and adjusting mid, treble and bass, surround and fade values to your liking. (if statisfied stop here)

​​​
4. If not, add a DSP amplifier and tune the sound to your liking. You can leave the center and surrounds on the factory amp and balance everything out.

5. Finally, You can replace all speakers, factory amp and tune all 9 channels and never be able to stop tweaking the sound.

if you car is non burmester audio, Match has all of the plug and play cables and amps to make the job easier.
I spoke too soon, there is a stage 6.

If you have extra channels on your DSP amp (mine has 12, only 9.used) or an extra Amp, you can run additional speaker wires to the front doors and add some extra mid bass speakers to the front. Overkill?
Old 02-18-2021, 01:17 PM

​​​

I have the cabrio/convertible so trunk space is already thin. I may go that route changing the front woofers first and then the other components later. There are some sellers on ebay that sell a Match W205 Speaker upgrade kit which seems to be at a discount. The change out seems fairly straight forward, but AMPs and DSPs gets out of my scope of knowledge, To be honest I want to stay away from it since I have spent enough time and money on home theater as is.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:22 PM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
W205
I went with Match M5DSP mk2, front components and rear coaxials and managed to get myself a set of Burmester footwell woofers.
For myself that's mostly a very adequate system but then I'm no audiophile and never sat in a competition car so I lack in terms of experience.
I'm thinking if I got the Match footwell woofers (8" rather than the measly 6.5") I'd be very content with the car.
Also, I just remembered that I added Noico sound deadening mats to all of the doors and most of the boot which also made a massive difference to the sound.
If you contact info@allwoodsaudio.com I think they still do worldwide shipping and do give a discount over their ebay prices, I've used them for all of my gear.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by PaulR7
I went with Match M5DSP mk2, front components and rear coaxials and managed to get myself a set of Burmester footwell woofers.
For myself that's mostly a very adequate system but then I'm no audiophile and never sat in a competition car so I lack in terms of experience.
I'm thinking if I got the Match footwell woofers (8" rather than the measly 6.5") I'd be very content with the car.
Also, I just remembered that I added Noico sound deadening mats to all of the doors and most of the boot which also made a massive difference to the sound.
If you contact info@allwoodsaudio.com I think they still do worldwide shipping and do give a discount over their ebay prices, I've used them for all of my gear.
Great info, thanks for the tip. I will reach out to them.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by PaulR7
I purchased all my Match and ATF stuff from allwoodsaudio.

They are great sellers and respond very quickly to questions.

The problem nowadays is the Ebay logistics shipping is very $$$$ expensive and you get taxed on top.of that.

EBay uses pittney bowes shipper who i would never recommend to my worst enemy.

I had to resort to using a UK address for inexpensive delivery.
Old 02-18-2021, 03:05 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C300 Sedan
I have the cabrio/convertible so trunk space is already thin. I may go that route changing the front woofers first and then the other components later. There are some sellers on ebay that sell a Match W205 Speaker upgrade kit which seems to be at a discount. The change out seems fairly straight forward, but AMPs and DSPs gets out of my scope of knowledge, To be honest I want to stay away from it since I have spent enough time and money on home theater as is.
I would try the speaker swap first, it's the least expensive/invasive. It made a huge difference in my system coming from the Audio-20 stock junk. Although I did eventually go the full route of DSP/subwoofer, but I'm an audiophile =)

And if you're located in the US, it looks like a prominent audio website (not sure if I can mention by name) now carries the Match front/rear speakers. That will save you a lot of shipping money and weeks of waiting!
Old 08-10-2023, 01:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
I got the complete Match speaker set for W205 and installed them.

The Match subwoofer frequency response is listed as 25 Hz - 250 Hz. I still run them on Full Range.

I went with MATCH because of price, performance and they provided full specs and proper information on their products.

Plus, I will be replacing the Audison Prima 8.9 DSP and driving them with a Helix V TWELVE DSP soon. (keep it in the family)

Why would you go with 4ohm subs? Focal now makes 2ohm factory replacement subs too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question about mercedes factory 9 channel burmester amplifier