C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

CPO issues with Dealers. NEED URGENT HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 05:17 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
2016 C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by Kush Desai
So the way it was explained to me at Mercedes was that the car could be on sale as a CPO car. But it's ultimately up the the buyer to buy that CPO warranty. I always assumed that because a car was CPO, the CPO warranty comes with it no matter what. But mercedes barrington told me "Some people want to save 1 thousand or 2, and they knock off the CPO warranty from the car".

To me, like i said, i always thought because a car has been issued as CPO, it AUTOMATICALLY gets the CPO Warranty. But i guess i was wrong with my assumption. Unless someone could find something that states otherwise.
I bought my car CPO a few months ago from Mercedes-Benz of Santa Monica, CA. I researched CPO thoroughly, nowhere did I see the option to remove the CPO warranty for a discount. You aren't "buying" the CPO warranty, it is a important included benefit of the CPO program: https://www.mbusa.com/en/cpo#warranty I believe they are giving you incorrect information.

Unlimited mileage for you to enjoy.

Every Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz is covered by any remaining portion of the Mercedes-Benz four-year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Then, the CPO Limited Warranty provides comprehensive coverage for another 12 months with unlimited miles. This means up to 5 years of unlimited mileage coverage, extending to the engine and powertrain, steering, suspension, brakes (excluding wear of discs and pads), electrical system, climate control system, and more. [3]

Last edited by Ron P Baker; 12-20-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,495 Likes on 987 Posts
No more MB:(
Originally Posted by Ron P Baker
I bought my car CPO a few months ago from Mercedes-Benz of Santa Monica, CA. I researched CPO thoroughly, nowhere did I see the option to remove the CPO warranty for a discount. You aren't "buying" the CPO warranty, it is a important included benefit of the CPO program: https://www.mbusa.com/en/cpo#warranty I believe they are giving you incorrect information.

Unlimited mileage for you to enjoy.

Every Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz is covered by any remaining portion of the Mercedes-Benz four-year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Then, the CPO Limited Warranty provides comprehensive coverage for another 12 months with unlimited miles. This means up to 5 years of unlimited mileage coverage, extending to the engine and powertrain, steering, suspension, brakes (excluding wear of discs and pads), electrical system, climate control system, and more. [3]
Thanks what I always thought as well. I think the seller in this case misrepresented the facts and just arbitrarily added the word CPO. This is not a CPO vehicle. You cannot remove the warranty.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:52 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Car free at the moment
Originally Posted by places
Thanks what I always thought as well. I think the seller in this case misrepresented the facts and just arbitrarily added the word CPO. This is not a CPO vehicle. You cannot remove the warranty.
The CPO warranty is added the day the car is sold. The dealership adds it, pays for it, and starts it as part of the sale paperwork. It is an option to purchase the car without the warranty if the dealership is willing to do so. Sounds like the OPs car was prepped for CPO with the inspections, reconditioning, and CPO sticker, but then the buyer negotiated to purchase it without the warranty. Used cars that are not going to be CPO are inspected and reconditioned too, so that isn’t unique to CPO cars.

To the OP - the seller committed fraud by representing the car as under CPO warranty when it was not. You may wish to file a criminal complaint against them via your local police or district attorney, or consider suing them in small claims court for the cost of a 1 year warranty extension which you should have received.

The following users liked this post:
MBRiposte (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 02:07 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 GLC 300 W4 & 2018 C43 AMG W4
My sentiments exactly. Flat out fraud if as described.