C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C300 W205 Ultimate Mods List

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 186 Posts
W205 2015
Originally Posted by gtg413i
Nice Benz. I did cover the front illuminated star and door logo, however, as far as I can see there is no plug and play option for the door logo on the cabriolets. I also think the trunk and rear is a bit different so not sure if the rear spoilers would fit the convertible. The C300 I have came with the AMG sport package so it already had the sport steering wheel. The not good about that is there is no heated steering wheel option... not cool. I am interested in the 10" multiscreen mod and saw some you could buy. The basic installation looks like just taking apart the center console. Was it difficult? Do you have links... curious about keeping the factory controls, adding apply car, can you mirror apps like Netflix and if it is a touch screen. Why these MB engineers thought their little round controller and "touch pad" was better than a touch screen in 2017 baffles me?!?!
Oh ok sorry I didnt see pictures of your illuminated star so I thought you didnt cover it. Same with the projector logo. Regarding this logo it perfectly works on S205 as mentioned on Kunzmann. Kunzmann is a German website that only sells OEM products. I bought it from them. Its a plug and play item. You are right about the boot spoiler it wont fit on your car. Can you send post a picture of your steering wheel. I wonder how a heated steering wheel looks like. We dont dont them around here. As for my 10.25" its an aftermarket product. A music shop owner made the order and installed it on the car. I have to say it was not an easy job. Yes its touch screen mirror link carplay you name it. The chinese are quite smart they knew what we were thinking and created this screen. You will see so many of these screens on Ebay. As for the installation hmmm well i saw many instructions on YouTube. Frankly I am not a good in DIY. May I add one item: Dynamic Mirror Signal light. I bought mine from Ali Express.

#Aliexpress US $68.80 20%OFF | Side Mirror Light For Mercedes Benz C E S GLC W205 X253 W213 W222 V Class W447 Dynamic blue white Turn Signal Blinker Indicator
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dWPh3de
Old 03-24-2020, 02:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C300 A205
I have the standard AMG steering wheel. It does not have a heated option. I think the standard leather round steering wheel has the heated option. I did notice yours has a nice red strip on the top to match your interior. Is it an aftermarket steering wheel? Good to know about the ebay touch screen items. I think I could do the install, but my problem is that whenever I take apart a dash, I always end up with extra screws and it seems to rattle which would drive me crazy. Since it's my wife's Benz, I'll leave that screen in it that came with it. Yes, the chinese are good at keeping the factory controls.

The side mirror light is pretty cool and a great looking mod. In the USA though you cannot have any blue lights on your car (because it might look like police) so technically would not be legal. Still a lot of people do add some blue bulbs. I don't want the police to have any reason to pull the car over though.

Would love to see or hear of more mod options, but the truth I found with this model car is that there are not a lot of options for mods. In a way that's a good thing since it came mostly with everything we'd like from a mod perspective.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
I have the standard AMG steering wheel. It does not have a heated option. I think the standard leather round steering wheel has the heated option. I did notice yours has a nice red strip on the top to match your interior. Is it an aftermarket steering wheel? Good to know about the ebay touch screen items. I think I could do the install, but my problem is that whenever I take apart a dash, I always end up with extra screws and it seems to rattle which would drive me crazy. Since it's my wife's Benz, I'll leave that screen in it that came with it. Yes, the chinese are good at keeping the factory controls.

The side mirror light is pretty cool and a great looking mod. In the USA though you cannot have any blue lights on your car (because it might look like police) so technically would not be legal. Still a lot of people do add some blue bulbs. I don't want the police to have any reason to pull the car over though.

Would love to see or hear of more mod options, but the truth I found with this model car is that there are not a lot of options for mods. In a way that's a good thing since it came mostly with everything we'd like from a mod perspective.
I agree it came mostly with everything. The steering wheel is OEM I bought it with its module to work on my car. The cruise control bottons dont work. I can always use the existing cruise control stick. I never use cruise control. I dont dont it. We dont dont long highways here. How about the facelift C43 diffuser and exhaust tips. I installed them on my car.

Before

After
Old 03-24-2020, 06:38 PM

C300 A205
I see now. It looks like your steering wheel is from a newer model that had the cruise control on the wheel. Is it me or is the cruise control stick annoyingly too close to the turn signal? A lot of times when I go to use the turn signal, I hit the cruise stick.
The diffuser looks great. I didn't see a really good write-up... was it easy? How about those black rear vent canards you added. Looks like they have a clip on option for about $45USD and a stick on for about $25. Do they serve any purpose? I think on some models, there is an actual vent for maybe air flow to keep the brakes cooled. I just looked at mine and it's a fake vent and no air can flow through. Maybe it was supposed to be tied to these flaps I think all cars have back by the wheel?

Did you see the oem amg door trim option I think they call it a side skirt? I wouldn't mind adding those.

Last edited by gtg413i; 03-24-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
I see now. It looks like your steering wheel is from a newer model that had the cruise control on the wheel. Is it me or is the cruise control stick annoyingly too close to the turn signal? A lot of times when I go to use the turn signal, I hit the cruise stick.
The diffuser looks great. I didn't see a really good write-up... was it easy? How about those black rear vent canards you added. Looks like they have a clip on option for about $45USD and a stick on for about $25. Do they serve any purpose? I think on some models, there is an actual vent for maybe air flow to keep the brakes cooled. I just looked at mine and it's a fake vent and no air can flow through. Maybe it was supposed to be tied to these flaps I think all cars have back by the wheel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5y42t8O7w

Did you see the oem amg door trim option I think they call it a side skirt? I wouldn't mind adding those.
I really don't use this cruise control stick. My hands dont even go there. Diffuser and exhaust tips are OEM for the C43 facelift. I installed them at the dealer. I am the worst person in DIY. I only installed 2 things myself Raceship pedal box and dynamic turn signal. Dats it. As for the canards mine are oem i dont see them serving any porpose other then giving a sporty look. They came with screws i just glued them up. I didnt didnt this side skirt i i think its too much for my car. Maybe it fits well on a C63.
ok motor tuning what did you do? Me:
1- Brabus power box additional power and throtle
2- Racechip pedal box the car responds quiker. No lag.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5y42t8O7w

I really don't use this cruise control stick. My hands dont even go there. Diffuser and exhaust tips are OEM for the C43 facelift. I installed them at the dealer. I am the worst person in DIY. I only installed 2 things myself Raceship pedal box and dynamic turn signal. Dats it. As for the canards mine are oem i dont see them serving any porpose other then giving a sporty look. They came with screws i just glued them up. I didnt didnt this side skirt i i think its too much for my car. Maybe it fits well on a C63.
ok motor tuning what did you do? Me:
1- Brabus power box additional power and throtle
2- Racechip pedal box the car responds quiker. No lag.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:38 PM

C300 A205
I'm staying away from any engine mods on this little turbo. In stock form, it's not fast, but it's not slow. I just don't see enough justification to try to squeeze more horsepower from it by tuning. In Sport+ mode it's responsive enough. I think if I did anything it would be the XLR pedal box since the throttle response is slow. It's my wife's daily driver so it has plenty of speed for her and she wouldn't be racing people in traffic like I would.

Now... if I could tune the engine here and there for a couple thousand more dollars and get the performance that Mercedes is now offering out of the "same" 4 cylinder in this article (416 hp), then I would totally do that!
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-engine-specs/

Unfortunately, I don't really have the funds for the AMG version of the c300 convertible.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:20 PM

C300 A205
Ok, just swapped out the exhaust tips and did a full writ-up here. with some reviews / advice. https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post8016130

Here's a closeup and overall view. Also note that one of the mods I did you can see in this picture. Any guesses? It's not the blacked out license plate although that is on order. I debadged the C300 that was in chrome.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
Ok, just swapped out the exhaust tips and did a full writ-up here. with some reviews / advice. https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post8016130

Here's a closeup and overall view. Also note that one of the mods I did you can see in this picture. Any guesses? It's not the blacked out license plate although that is on order. I debadged the C300 that was in chrome.

Nice Benz. What is the idea behind debadging. Is it because its Chrome? How about the MB logo. Did you think about dechroming the C300 badge.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:51 PM

C300 A205
I'm a bit picky about things so in my view there's a lot behind the idea of debadging. First one is that it is asymmetric, which in my opinion is not visually pleasing. Second is that it is chrome and doesn't match the overall black theme of the vehicle. I would ask, why don't people paint each letter a different color and each body panel a different color... because generally that's not pleasing to the eyes. So why is black and chrome pleasing to the eyes? A lot of folks don't mind 2 colors, but I would prefer one color, which is simpler in my view. Also, I don't like stickers and logos and the logos themselves technically create drag and are inefficient for air flow, so that's another reason to get rid of them. *I know this is negligible air flow, but just saying it's unnecessary. Also, I don't get paid by Mercedes to drive their logo around so prefer not to have their badge on everything. That's what I think about.

After looking at the rear view, I definitely want to replace the trunk star with a black one.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
I'm a bit picky about things so in my view there's a lot behind the idea of debadging. First one is that it is asymmetric, which in my opinion is not visually pleasing. Second is that it is chrome and doesn't match the overall black theme of the vehicle. I would ask, why don't people paint each letter a different color and each body panel a different color... because generally that's not pleasing to the eyes. So why is black and chrome pleasing to the eyes? A lot of folks don't mind 2 colors, but I would prefer one color, which is simpler in my view. Also, I don't like stickers and logos and the logos themselves technically create drag and are inefficient for air flow, so that's another reason to get rid of them. *I know this is negligible air flow, but just saying it's unnecessary. Also, I don't get paid by Mercedes to drive their logo around so prefer not to have their badge on everything. That's what I think about.

After looking at the rear view, I definitely want to replace the trunk star with a black one.
I agree with most points except the air flow and getting paid to leave the car's badge 😂 why dont you leave this logo you should be a proud owner of a Mercedes. You are actually driving the Best or Nothing 😎 I even have MB logo projecting to the floor 😂 Please see picture below would you recommend side skirts on it?

Old 03-25-2020, 11:02 PM

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts
2016 C300W4 (W205), Luxury Pkg, Diamond Silver Met. and Silk Beige\Espresso Interior
Ok, just swapped out the exhaust tips and did a full write-up here. with some reviews / advice. https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post8016130

Or in the completely opposite direction, my luxury package version doesn't even have exhaust tips 😄

Old 03-25-2020, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
Originally Posted by diamondsilver16
Or in the completely opposite direction, my luxury package version doesn't even have exhaust tips 😄

Why not installing an AMG diffuser and exhaust tips. Does luxury mean you get fake exhaust tips?
I mean looking at your bumper you might also need to change. There is a lot of work.

This is a C200.
The following users liked this post:
diamondsilver16 (03-25-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 08:59 PM

C300 A205
Originally Posted by Andy74
I agree with most points except the air flow and getting paid to leave the car's badge 😂 why dont you leave this logo you should be a proud owner of a Mercedes. You are actually driving the Best or Nothing 😎 I even have MB logo projecting to the floor 😂 Please see picture below would you recommend side skirts on it?
That's a nice clean Benz. I really wouldn't recommend anything additional from what I can see... except take that door jamb sticker off. Lol. I told you I am really picky with sticker and badges.
I do like the door logo. Mine should arrive tomorrow, but it's not the stock looking one like yours. I couldn't find one like that for the w207, which fits my convertible.

Last edited by gtg413i; 03-26-2020 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:05 PM

C300 A205
Originally Posted by diamondsilver16

Wow!. I'm not sure I understand how luxury package means dump the exhaust under the trunk. I could understand the fake exhaust if it were an electric vehicle.
I just found out that Mercedes offered a "Night Edition" for about 300 or so c300's. It is basically, black rims, a black front lip and some extra chrome badges. Everything else is the same. It's interesting how these car companies package up options... we all know that they charge the most margin for the lowest cost options like technology. My theory is that with all the advancement in technology, cars should be getting cheaper, but the reality is they keep charging more and more. If I could have gotten a new Tesla for $30k, then I totally would instead of the used Benz. However, when you price out the options, the Tesla quickly turns into about $60k.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
That's a nice clean Benz. I really wouldn't recommend anything additional from what I can see.
Thanks. I loved the rear of your car. You did well in getting these exhaust tips. May I recommend adding canards.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
Wow!. I'm not sure I understand how luxury package means dump the exhaust under the trunk. I could understand the fake exhaust if it were an electric vehicle.
I just found out that Mercedes offered a "Night Edition" for about 300 or so c300's. It is basically, black rims, a black front lip and some extra chrome badges. Everything else is the same. It's interesting how these car companies package up options... we all know that they charge the most margin for the lowest cost options like technology. My theory is that with all the advancement in technology, cars should be getting cheaper, but the reality is they keep charging more and more. If I could have gotten a new Tesla for $30k, then I totally would instead of the used Benz. However, when you price out the options, the Tesla quickly turns into about $60k.
I am not sure about Tesla. We dont have them here or maybe nobody buy them. MB gives you options. You got the classic like the one above، AMG line, and AMG. People have different taste. Each option has its price. I think this is normal. For me this classic option is a big No. If they gave me a brand new Tesla (electric, no engine sound all, no gear) how boring and a used AMG C43, I will take the used C43 without even thinking.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:09 PM

C300 A205
It's been a while since posting. I've since blacked out the rear emblem, added black mirror side sequential leds (blue so not so excited as I wanted white) and swapped the grill (definitely not difficult, but not super easy either). I'm ordering the black lip inserts for the bumper. Once that arrives, I'll post pics. Then the last items I'll need to black out are the windshield and door handle trim. I'll leave the rear lights stock vs. tinting them. Also, I found another mod, looks like you can replace your mirror puddle lights with custom ones. I could try those down the road.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W205 250d
Now for some convenience. You may read all about the fact that these cars default to comfort mode and where is the option to remember your driving preference. It is not there. This is the closest easiest thing I could find that remembers your setting for 4 hours. There is a guy on ebay you can email your vin number and he will let you know what is possible to change with an obd2 tool he sells. It's not cheap. Message him on eBay and he is quick to respond.

Here's what options he could adjust on my Benz.

1. with tuneOBD module for usd 299 is it possible to tune the motor control unit:
- power up from stock 242Hp/480Hm -> 265Hp/570Hm in 2 minutes
- no speed limit 210kmh -> 300kmh
- back to factory firmware any time with the same module in 2 minutes
- no affect to warranty
- no wires
- no ECU open
- no soldering - just plug-and-play

videos how tuneOBD works are here:
https://youtu.be/LRwH6xSAEGo
https://youtu.be/21hOgzaS_Dk
https://youtu.be/aUIzPxD4Rx0

2. AMG Instrument cluster AMG menu" - $139
https://youtu.be/b4ml6phIiSc

3. «AMG logo audio head unit"" - extra $39 ($115 when ordered later on)
https://youtu.be/PMgx4rVFuCM

4. Video-in-motion unlock - $149
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261281467593

5. ECO start stop default OFF - extra $89 ($139 when ordered later on)
https://youtu.be/NkCG0bee4DA

6. Speed limit unlock to 250kmh - extra $89 ($149 when separate module)

7. SeatBelts warning Off - extra $39 ($115 when ordered later on)
https://youtu.be/dHjGxQFguBs

8. Dynamic Select 4 hours memory - extra $89 ($149 when separate module)

9. automatic parking brakes disable - extra $89 ($149 when separate module)

I went with options 4,5,7,8 since I don't see ever going above 132mph and the auto parking brake seems to work fine on this model benz. Also, I decided not to touch any ecu or boost or engine mods. They don’t really seem to have consistent success. You can read various threads about them... it seems the Dinan is the most common option. https://www.dinancars.com/platform/mercedes-benz/ but I even read one forum that said it caused their car to go into limp mode once. I just installed this and it was a bit tricky, but the instructions are:
turn car to accessory mode (two pushes without the brake on the push start). Then plug the tuneobd into the obd port. Wait a few seconds for something to pop up on the command screen. Now use the scroll wheel to push down to install the option. Then scroll to the right to the next option and push down to let it do its thing. If you do the seatbelt reminder option, after you successfully turn the rear off, then unplug and plug it bag in and do it again to turn the fronts off. Video tape the install so if you have issues you can email the seller for support. I'm really loving the 4 hour memory for the drive mode. I think that alone is worth it. Really wish it were permanent memory.

Has anyone tune motor from Vladimir?
im interesting to tune mine for 300$ but I'm a little wary
Old 11-25-2020, 12:35 PM

C300 A205
She is getting close to being blacked out. Here's the latest with the front black license plate, front back LED star, front black lower bumper inserts and front black grill. The lower bumper inserts are plastic (not like the metal oem ones, so I'm not sure how they will hold up). They fit pretty well. I also added $20 ebay door handle covers to each side. The only thing left black is the silver trim around the bottom of the convertible. I had a tint shop put film on similar trim on my bmw (in the background), but it doesn't look like it will hold up over time, so I'm looking for another place to take the benz. I'll eventually get to that project, but for now, most of the blacked out mods are done.

Old 11-25-2020, 12:56 PM

C300 A205
Here's another website with more mods. https://www.raymaxgear.com/search?ty...ct&q=Mercedes*
The benz wheel cap logos with white seem pretty cool to me, but the silver on them would mess up the blacked out theme so not planning to purchase them.

Last edited by gtg413i; 01-26-2021 at 05:55 AM.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:57 AM

C300 A205
Spoiler

More mods: I have yet to install these, but here are instructions to install the led 3d tweeter speakers and a link to the door mid speakers.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ster-copy.html
Old 01-26-2021, 06:02 AM

C300 A205
Another pointless mod

Old 01-26-2021, 06:05 AM

C300 A205
I'm actually really digging these since it would be for the wife's w205. They have them for various trim and knob pieces, but I'm not going to waste my money on them though.

Old 01-31-2021, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 4MATIC
Actually, this one does come in handy. I use the little “pocket” to hold a little bottle of hand sanitizer. It has come in handy to temporarily store little items instead of losing them in the compartment below.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C300 W205 Ultimate Mods List