C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

My review/installation of Audiotec Fischer Match speakers and amplifier - pic heavy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 02:49 AM
Muu

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
2020 C63S Wagon
Originally Posted by Keith_b
My plan now is to have local installer do it. Chose right equipment, install it carefully with sound treat, right location, no rattle, etc.... And then find very good expert to do remote tune the system.
Yeah fair play, I did get a sense you were more about getting it right than keeping to a budget.

The all in one amps like the helix v twelve aren't going to do you justice, and I'd say at this level a Zen is a must otherwise the factory amp inline will always colour the setup. Zen has direct digital out for front stage. Sure hacking the output signal is easy, cheap, and predictable, but far from the ideal route. I have a helix v eight, because I wanted to cap the budget on a daily driver and my wife wants it all hidden - my 911 is esotar etc.

Have a look at Audison Voce: Quattro for tweeters and mid, duo for mid-bass, Uno for subs. Mosconi also decent (amp wise, DSP rather limited and old fashioned).

I don't personally feel a system can be fully signed off remotely, and certainly not with a single mic placement.

Some inspiration: https://studioincar.co.uk/blogs/proj...peaker-upgrade
Assume you're US based?
Old 06-16-2021, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G63
I was thinking

2x Zapco AP 150.6
6 for mid/tweeter left, right, central.
Bridge 2 for midbass = 300w each

2 channels left for rear passive and rear fill.

Zapco 1100w for sub.

unfortunately i locate in Vietnam, dont have experienced installer/tuner here. Thats why at some point i want to do it easy way with integrate amp/dsp.
But the ocd keep pushing. And the Dyn esotar sound so good. Will need to find a way to tune it then.

Old 06-16-2021, 05:26 AM
Muu

2020 C63S Wagon
Ah cool,

If you're buying and importing, I would suggest talking with Carl and Studio-Incar
The following users liked this post:
Keith_b (06-16-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 07:44 AM

G63
Originally Posted by Muu
Ah cool,

If you're buying and importing, I would suggest talking with Carl and Studio-Incar
will reach out in right time. Thank you.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:46 PM
Muu

2020 C63S Wagon

The following 2 users liked this post by Muu:
BayAreaAMG (06-25-2021), Keith_b (06-24-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 09:19 PM

G63
New sub update for ur Benz? Look super. Neat and clean. Im in a very interesting route for my car. Will keep updating when everything is official.

Last edited by Keith_b; 06-24-2021 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-25-2021, 03:24 AM
Muu

2020 C63S Wagon
have a look at my build thread - https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-ele...o-upgrade.html
The following users liked this post:
Keith_b (06-25-2021)
Old 11-11-2022, 11:29 AM

Will be Glc43 in few weeks
Burmeister vs Match vs Eton ..GLC 2017 43

Originally Posted by BayAreaAMG
If I had the Burmester I probably wouldn't upgrade anything in the system since it sounds great already. I had a 2019 C300 loaner car with it for a few days and thought it sounded pretty good. But who knows, I may have ended up modifying it at some point .
Hello community, I am a stranger here as I own a GLC 2017 43, but there is no such good thread on audio upgrade in the dedicated GLC forum here.
Thank you so much BayAreaAMG for your very nice thread, I was just looking in the shop of ARS24 before and I saw Match and Eton speakers for our C and GLC, price differences are very little between the 2.
I am wondering the audio diff between same config of Match vs Eton ...

Also I have a Burmeister and the sound is terrible, lack of bass coloured mids and no substance in the sound on highway speeds (can be fast on autobahn

I am about to write to ars24 about the same question : What to do starting from Burmeister ?
Match / Eton ? dedicated Amp or not ?

If anyone has an idea, I am all ears.

Have a nice day all.
Old 08-18-2023, 05:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Muu
So basically you have two routes here:

A - Keep the OEM amp and use it as a decocder and the v twelve sits between the OEM channel output and speaker to provide marginally more grunt. You can 'de-eq' the inputs to the helix if you want to remove the factory curves to run different speakers, for example the focal drop in kit sounds hideous with the factory EQ still in place.

B - Use a Zen-M in place of the amp which then gives you the same channels but as a line level output without any speaker compensation curves. Content channel by channel will be the same just flat in its EQ curve and cleaner without the extra amp stage.

So yes the Zen-M is completely optional, but provides a cleaner signal path. Focus on my car is a solid stereo performance so I like the idea of keeping the source in the digital domain all the way to the DSP, and cutting out any unwanted factory EQ I'd then need to counteract.

Each to their own when it comes to 'up-mixing', my home Lexicon processor and the car support logic 7 and to my ears it just sounds like a layer of cheap reverb effects. I know ambisonics and psychoacoustics have come on a long way but the vast majority of music is mixed and mastered in stereo, so I listen to it as it's intended,

As for not time aligning 7.1 I'm not sure the reasoning, ultimately a cars driver seat is a pretty awful place to run surround sound given you're too close to the front stage, sat equidistant between the center and one of the front mains (depending on LHD RHD). However in the studio spaces I've built, unless you're getting your speaker placement in a perfect arc you'll always time align to phase align the sub 500hz - be it with a Trinnov or something like GLM. Time / phase alinging all the channels is only going to be a good thing, that is unless they're already aligned and you're just throwing them out by double adding the distance factor.

Hello, Im looking to upgrade my system too. I was thinking of using a Helix ultra with a 12 channel amp, seperste sub amp.. Would I need the Zen?