C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Upgrade Options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Upgrade Options?

We recently added a 2017 C300 to our household and it came well equipped, but missing a few things that I have learned about. I wanted to ask if there was a way to find out by VIN if things can be added.

Specifically Air-Balance System, which we really liked in a different car due to allergies.
Ambient Lighting options.

Anything else we can think of, but specifically those two and then if there is a way to search based on VIN or model for what we can do? We have the C300 Sedan 4Matic which Premium Package 2 installed currently.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:48 PM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts
W205
Go on the site from Mercedes and configure a c class. You will see what kind of options you miss and like.
The following users liked this post:
TheTourVan (02-28-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 01:50 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Doa
Go on the site from Mercedes and configure a c class. You will see what kind of options you miss and like.
Right. My question since I am newer to MB is can all of these be retro fitted into my automobile? I was hopeful to find a way to see what could be done, before spending time picking what I would like only to be told it couldn't be done. Hopefully that makes sense.
Old 02-28-2021, 03:06 PM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
W205
You can retrofit ambient lighting, I'll be doing it myself with a kit from Ali which will give me a 64 colour option rather than be limited to original 3.
The same store also sells the whole fragrance system so I suppose that could be done as well.
However they both come with an OBD activation tool which I'm not sure will work on COMAND system, you can PM me if you'd like to get a store link.
If you wanted to go with full OEM stuff you'd be really hard pressed to find a dealer to do it but there are a few people in this forum who might be able to like @Star4life
Old 02-28-2021, 03:12 PM

C300
Originally Posted by PaulR7
You can retrofit ambient lighting, I'll be doing it myself with a kit from Ali which will give me a 64 colour option rather than be limited to original 3.
The same store also sells the whole fragrance system so I suppose that could be done as well.
However they both come with an OBD activation tool which I'm not sure will work on COMAND system, you can PM me if you'd like to get a store link.
If you wanted to go with full OEM stuff you'd be really hard pressed to find a dealer to do it but there are a few people in this forum who might be able to like @Star4life
thank you. So most can be retrofit, but dealerships won’t do? Okay thank you. I was hopeful that wasn’t the case (not the most handy) but understand
Old 03-02-2021, 06:12 AM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by TheTourVan
thank you. So most can be retrofit, but dealerships won’t do? Okay thank you. I was hopeful that wasn’t the case (not the most handy) but understand
most pre safe options can't be retrofitted. other things like COMAND, ambient light, ILS etc can and mercedes gives the dealers actually full retrofit packages but they are expensive
Old 03-02-2021, 06:59 AM

C300
Originally Posted by Doa
most pre safe options can't be retrofitted. other things like COMAND, ambient light, ILS etc can and mercedes gives the dealers actually full retrofit packages but they are expensive
Thank you. That helps a lot.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:19 AM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic
@TheTourVan, take a look at this thread! Gives you a link to the full video but other things you can do to get a clean look when installing the Ambient Lighting.
I personally retrofitted Ambient Lighting in my car so if you run into any issues, feel free to PM me and I can try helping to the best of my ability!

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ent-light.html
The following users liked this post:
PaulR7 (03-02-2021)
Old 03-02-2021, 10:21 AM

C300
Originally Posted by Kush Desai
@TheTourVan, take a look at this thread! Gives you a link to the full video but other things you can do to get a clean look when installing the Ambient Lighting.
I personally retrofitted Ambient Lighting in my car so if you run into any issues, feel free to PM me and I can try helping to the best of my ability!

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ent-light.html
Very nice look. In this instance, we would probably have the dealer do it, but wanted to find out what was possible, but that looks great and offers some insight.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:10 PM

2016 C300 4Matic
Very nice look. In this instance, we would probably have the dealer do it, but wanted to find out what was possible, but that looks great and offers some insight.
I dont believe a Mercedes Dealer would do any aftermarket install for you, but I'm sure you could find a shop thats good with electronics to do it for you!
Old 03-02-2021, 01:17 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Kush Desai
I dont believe a Mercedes Dealer would do any aftermarket install for you, but I'm sure you could find a shop thats good with electronics to do it for you!
You are probably right. And there is a good one near us that can handle that.

Our goal was to find out if we could retrofit actual MB features that are missing on this vehicle due to the package such as Air Balance and Ambient lighting, etc. It appears they can be, but hopefully with our appt tomorrow we find out for sure.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:35 PM

2016 C300 4Matic
You are probably right. And there is a good one near us that can handle that.

Our goal was to find out if we could retrofit actual MB features that are missing on this vehicle due to the package such as Air Balance and Ambient lighting, etc. It appears they can be, but hopefully with our appt tomorrow we find out for sure.
Understood! There are tons of upgrades you can do if you didnt get them in the car when bought/built! Goodluck!