C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Center Console Screen Won’t Turn On

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 10:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2022 C300
Center Console Screen Won’t Turn On

I picked up my new 2022 c300 from the dealership about 2 days ago and everything seem fine for the most part so far. When I turned the car on today only the instrument cluster screen turned on, but not the center infotainment screen. I also got warning messages that the blind spot assist system and the PARKTRONIC system is disabled, along with a bunch of warning symbols that came on. So pretty much I can’t control the music, cameras, or even the AC settings at all. It seems that is not just a problem with the center screen but rather that the whole system is down. I tried doing a reboot/restart but since the car is fairly new, I couldn’t find anything on how to do that online or in the owners manual. I’ll probably have to take it to the dealership but maybe there is quick fix that would save me the trip. Any ideas?
The following 2 users liked this post by alex15:
MsMelJill (09-16-2022), vwuilbea (05-17-2023)
Old 06-05-2022, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Same problem after two weeks

I am experiencing the same issue after having the car for two weeks. Were you able to get this resolved? Is there a quick reboot that can be done?

Last edited by Bmhoover13; 06-05-2022 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-05-2022, 03:33 PM

2022 C300
Originally Posted by Bmhoover13
I am experiencing the same issue after having the car for two weeks. Were you able to get this resolved? Is there a quick reboot that can be done?
The problem pretty much resolved itself overnight. When I got in in the morning it was back to normal, so I guess it just needed a few hours off with the key away. I haven’t had the same problem ever since, so I’m hoping it was just a rare computer glitch and not something common, since it pretty much disables every feature in the car.

So I would recommend to just don’t turn the car on for a couple hours or a day, if not take it to the dealership
Old 06-05-2022, 04:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E Class 2017
Could it be that this initial batch of US C300s are having electrical issues due to being stuck at VPC for a while? Some or maybe most of these cars were built last year.

Last edited by webby87; 06-05-2022 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-05-2022, 05:00 PM

2022 C300
Originally Posted by webby87
Could it be that this initial batch of US C300s are having electrical issues due to being stuck at VPC for a while? Some or maybe most of these cars were built last year.
Yea I know my car was one of the firsts to be built and had arrived at the VPC since October-November so it had been just sitting there for almost 7 months before I picked it up in May which it crazy. That much time can not be good for the battery or electronics and then since it also has a 48v hybrid system I think it might make things worse. (And from what I understand it is also a fairly new technology too). On top of that, given that it is a first year model for this generation, debut models are know for having production problems that then get solved in the second or third year models after people complain. So yea all these things and the whole chip-shortage and long delays situation is just unfortunate. Hopefully this won’t be a big issue, as I said it has not happened to me again ever since.
The following users liked this post:
ramin701 (06-21-2023)
Old 09-16-2022, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2022 c300
Center display inoperable

Mine is 4 months old and the same thing happened to me today. The dealership said three weeks for an appointment. That is insanity. No heat, no radio, cannot charge my phone in any of the 3 ports or the charging pad. Just a black hole smack in the middle of the dash. Absolutely unacceptable. They should be embarrassed to have such a failure of an infotainment system. I know I am.
Ron P Baker (12-31-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 05:11 PM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
Originally Posted by alex15
I picked up my new 2022 c300 from the dealership about 2 days ago and everything seem fine for the most part so far. When I turned the car on today only the instrument cluster screen turned on, but not the center infotainment screen. I also got warning messages that the blind spot assist system and the PARKTRONIC system is disabled, along with a bunch of warning symbols that came on. So pretty much I can’t control the music, cameras, or even the AC settings at all. It seems that is not just a problem with the center screen but rather that the whole system is down. I tried doing a reboot/restart but since the car is fairly new, I couldn’t find anything on how to do that online or in the owners manual. I’ll probably have to take it to the dealership but maybe there is quick fix that would save me the trip. Any ideas?
I had the same issue TWICE in the last four months owning the car. This is separate from the screen overheating which dims and becomes unresponsive instead of going dark.

Did you get it tinted my chance?

After receiving and tinting the car (less than a week owning it) the screen was dead for a whole day before it just magically came back the next. This happened again two weeks later after parking the car and getting back in, but it came back on mid drive.

I dropped all the back seats and noticed there was moisturize on the latches so I kept the seats and windows down overnight. I am unsure (doubtful) if moisture from my tinting or environment was what causes the screen to die, but its the only "fix" I performed and it seems to have worked! Screen hasn't died in three months.
ramin701 (06-21-2023)
Old 09-17-2022, 05:13 PM

2022 C300
Originally Posted by MsMelJill
Mine is 4 months old and the same thing happened to me today. The dealership said three weeks for an appointment. That is insanity. No heat, no radio, cannot charge my phone in any of the 3 ports or the charging pad. Just a black hole smack in the middle of the dash. Absolutely unacceptable. They should be embarrassed to have such a failure of an infotainment system. I know I am.
LOL I am embarrassed too! I can deal without music or MBUX for a short time but no AC control is unacceptable.
Old 10-08-2022, 12:42 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2022 C300 Sedan
I've had my car for about 2 months so far. Started it today and my center screen is off - same warning messages etc. appeared regarding the various driver's assistance features being disabled. I stopped and restarted the car but the problem continued. I'll wait until later today or tomorrow and see if the problem has cleared.

For those of you that have had this problem - what's the consensus? Is this a fluke that clears itself or was a trip to the dealership needed? If the latter, I'll work on making an appointment.
Old 10-08-2022, 01:59 PM

2022 C300
Originally Posted by camarc68
I've had my car for about 2 months so far. Started it today and my center screen is off - same warning messages etc. appeared regarding the various driver's assistance features being disabled. I stopped and restarted the car but the problem continued. I'll wait until later today or tomorrow and see if the problem has cleared.

For those of you that have had this problem - what's the consensus? Is this a fluke that clears itself or was a trip to the dealership needed? If the latter, I'll work on making an appointment.
I’ve had the car for 5 months and this problem has occurred twice now. I couldn’t recognize any reason or pattern as to what caused it, but both times it happened in the afternoon, so I just parked it and it resolved itself overnight when I turned the car on in the following morning. I also placed the key far away instead of hanging it in near the garage where the car can detect it, since someone said that on another forum, but I don’t know if that actually matters. My guess is that it’s some sort of rare glitch that bricks the whole system and the car just needs a couple of hours off to fully reset or something like that.
Old 10-08-2022, 02:14 PM

2022 C300 Sedan
Thanks for the response! I'll check my car later on this evening to see if the center screen has started working again.
Old 10-09-2022, 12:09 AM

2022 C300
I’ve had the car for 5 months and this problem has occurred twice now. I couldn’t recognize any reason or pattern as to what caused it, but both times it happened in the afternoon, so I just parked it and it resolved itself overnight when I turned the car on in the following morning. I also placed the key far away instead of hanging it in near the garage where the car can detect it, since someone said that on another forum, but I don’t know if that actually matters. My guess is that it’s some sort of rare glitch that bricks the whole system and the car just needs a couple of hours off to fully reset or something like that.
I've also had the car for 5 months and it's happened to me 4x so far. I agree with Alex, there is zero pattern to what makes the screen die and what makes the screen eventually come back on.

This seems like a SAM module malfunction (most likely from moisture) since other error codes like blind spot assist inoperable pop up when the center screen dies. MB has already issued a recall for 2022s requiring a dealer retrofit of a cover for the module.
camarc68 (10-09-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 08:57 PM

2022 C300 Sedan
Checked my car yesterday evening and center screen was back on and working properly. No issues today either.

One strange thing might have happened today while I was running some shopping errands. Put some purchases in the trunk. Went to another store and when I returned to my car one side of the rear seat had been released and was open. I don’t think I hit the release switch in the trunk by accident but suppose it’s possible I could have without realizing it. I’ll keep an eye out and will see if this happens again. (I haven’t had my windows tinted. The center screen not powering on yesterday was my first electronic issue I’ve had so far.).
Old 10-18-2022, 12:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2022 C300
Had Same Problem!

SAME ISSUE. I got my 2022 C300 back in June. A few months ago the screen wouldn’t turn on and I got same error messages about some of the driver assistance features being unavailable.

Let the car sit for a few hours and the screen came back. Haven’t had the issue reoccur.

I have a pretty serious issue with CarPlay not reconnecting to MBUX though.

My iPhone won’t reconnect to CarPlay wireless if I go on subsequent drives. It’ll connect the first drive of the day but if I run into the store it won’t reconnect when I come back out again. Plugging it in works but not great.

Car drives great though.
Old 10-18-2022, 10:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,453 Likes on 2,088 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Zeldaah
SAME ISSUE. I got my 2022 C300 back in June. A few months ago the screen wouldn’t turn on and I got same error messages about some of the driver assistance features being unavailable.

Let the car sit for a few hours and the screen came back. Haven’t had the issue reoccur.

I have a pretty serious issue with CarPlay not reconnecting to MBUX though.

My iPhone won’t reconnect to CarPlay wireless if I go on subsequent drives. It’ll connect the first drive of the day but if I run into the store it won’t reconnect when I come back out again. Plugging it in works but not great.

Car drives great though.
Certain versions of CarPlay are known to have issues with MBUX reported on the forums, try updating your OS version or the CarPlay version and see if a patch is available.
Old 10-20-2022, 10:38 PM

c300
I have had my C 300 for one month. During that time I have experienced two MBUX resets, one message telling me that me that parktronic is inop a long with the cameras, and cannot connect to CarPlay. Certainly did not expect this level of difficulties from a Benz. Never get a second chance to make a first impression. I would expect this from 2012 but not in 2022!
Old 10-25-2022, 01:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
W206 C200
I had this same problem and the head unit was replaced this week. Fingers crossed.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:08 PM

c class 300
Angry

Originally Posted by Heavy924
I have had my C 300 for one month. During that time I have experienced two MBUX resets, one message telling me that me that parktronic is inop a long with the cameras, and cannot connect to CarPlay. Certainly did not expect this level of difficulties from a Benz. Never get a second chance to make a first impression. I would expect this from 2012 but not in 2022!
My new c 300 MBUX system died today while on the highway. I live in a cold climate so not having access to the heating system is problematic. This issue is not acceptable and is very serious.
Old 12-13-2022, 10:23 PM

C200 avantgarde
If this is a hardware failure mode, maybe temperature is one of the failure mechanisms, my scree for example is always very hot. We must now what is the maximum operating temperature for the screen.
if the problem is software we need to have some reset procedure.
All of this the dealer must know and solve it. You gotta kick their butts.
Old 12-29-2022, 02:54 PM

GLE
Does anyone have more information on this issue. In the market for this model and will not buy if we have high volume with this issue.
thanks for the input.
Old 12-29-2022, 05:00 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
Originally Posted by orangealum
Does anyone have more information on this issue. In the market for this model and will not buy if we have high volume with this issue.
thanks for the input.
I guess this is part of the “first year model” flaws.
as the model ages, things like this (like the tint on the back window issue) will slowly be sorted out.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:52 PM

2022 C300
Originally Posted by orangealum
thanks for the input.
This is an issue with the SAM controller located in the rear above the trunk. When moisture accumulates, the SAM shuts off and the center screen dies. Seat latch error, light error, and blind spot assist error are all common with SAM malfunction.

MB has already issued a recall for 2022 W206 models to have a cover retrofitted on the SAM. If your SAM module is blown, do not leave without a warrantied repair.
Ron P Baker (12-31-2022)
Old 01-29-2023, 01:48 PM

C300 w4 2023
I have a 2023 and my center screen has glitched out 3 times since I’ve had it (35 days) Luckily i took Pictures of it because it happens randomly there is no pattern or extreme temperature difference etc..currently it is at the dealership and i have a loaner. Still awaiting 3 days now
Old 04-22-2023, 02:44 PM

c 300 2023
2023 C 300 Execs PKG

any changes? I just pick up 2023 C 300 4dr. and touchscreen became show white and very hot! any suggestions? INFO Updated Dealer updated the software yesterday. problem solved for now

this was an issue

Last edited by mycar2023; 04-25-2023 at 01:59 PM. Reason: update the picture
Old 04-22-2023, 02:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2022 C300
Software Update Fixed It For Me

I had this happen to me three times within a few months of picking up my 2022 C class. They performed a software update in December 2022 (the interface is slightly different after the update, see picture) and I haven’t had any issues at all since.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Center Console Screen Won’t Turn On