2023 Shortage of Leather Lie?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 11:34 AM

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
2020 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by Gerald480
interesting.

can you show the site or pm me it if you have to?

thanks!

EDIT- never mind re read your other post, you clearly named the dealership. I apologize.

The most important thing I would need is 4Matic because I’m in the east coast where we get summer for 2 weeks a year if we’re lucky lol so most of these west coast vehicles don’t come with it if I’m not mistaken.

my dealer has some 4matics. I don’t know how many they have on the lot. Based on my experience they didn’t sell to me until it the car was here in Los Angeles just waiting to be transported to the dealer. Their site says they have 135 cars. How many are on the lot and how many are in transport I don’t know. I know they didn’t even list any of the cars until about May 7th on their website. Fletcher Jones is bigger than Keyes, but they are in Newport Beach and Keyes is in Los Angeles. Keyes Mercedes is part of Lithia Motor group now.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes GL550
Originally Posted by Dstopsie
my dealer has some 4matics. I don’t know how many they have on the lot. Based on my experience they didn’t sell to me until it the car was here in Los Angeles just waiting to be transported to the dealer. Their site says they have 135 cars. How many are on the lot and how many are in transport I don’t know. I know they didn’t even list any of the cars until about May 7th on their website. Fletcher Jones is bigger than Keyes, but they are in Newport Beach and Keyes is in Los Angeles. Keyes Mercedes is part of Lithia Motor group now.
I checked Keyes online and there only 2 awd that are both cabriolets and Fletcher has about 4 and none have the red/black interior.

Appreciate the help tho
Old 05-19-2022, 03:28 PM

Mercedes GL550
Hey guys,

my original build said “Pinnacle” and the 3 options my dealer is asking me to pick from does not say that.

What is Pinnacle and what are the 3 others missing other than the specific options?
Old 05-19-2022, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 351 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
The Pinnacle adds the Multimedia package which adds navigation, Augmented Reality, and the head up display.

Yes, some cars are being built with leather, but much of MBs leather supply is from eastern Europe and has been effected by the war. Unfortunately configuration mistakes happen, as do shortages and replacements of certain parts especially in the current days. It sucks but I wouldn't take it personally.

I would check autotrader, sort by 2022 sedans with red interior, and try to find one with options you want. There's also an inventory tool on the mbusa website.
Old 05-19-2022, 07:25 PM

Mercedes GL550
Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
The Pinnacle adds the Multimedia package which adds navigation, Augmented Reality, and the head up display.

Yes, some cars are being built with leather, but much of MBs leather supply is from eastern Europe and has been effected by the war. Unfortunately configuration mistakes happen, as do shortages and replacements of certain parts especially in the current days. It sucks but I wouldn't take it personally.

I would check autotrader, sort by 2022 sedans with red interior, and try to find one with options you want. There's also an inventory tool on the mbusa website.
Ah I see.

And I hear you about mistakes happening but I’m not liking how they’re handling it.

I’ve been in business my whole life dealing with clients and a mistake that big, I would be doing everything I can to accommodate the customer.

I haven’t even heard from the manager.
I also don’t like how when I asked for some sort of incentive if I were to decide on a different vehicle, they can’t do much because they’re already helping me out.

Absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional and something you wouldn’t expect from Mercedes.
Old 05-21-2022, 04:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,933 Likes on 3,097 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Gerald480
Hey everyone,

So I ordered a 2022 C300 back in November of last year set to be delivered this month.

Had updates during the wait about the vehicle which included a message last month saying my vehicle was ready to be shipped to the states.

The vehicle was to be picked up this month.

After almost 8 months of waiting, I get notified that the colored leather interior I selected was not built into my vehicle and the reason was a shortage of leather and that the dealership was just notified now.

So my vehicle apparently has standard black standard synthetic leather.

I find it extremely hard to believe that after 7 months of the vehicle being built and shipped, the manufacturer decides to tell the dealerships that there is no leather available for any of their cars set to be delivered to their customers.

To justify this, my dealership told me they would refund the difference of the colored leather I chose to the synthetic leather.

Wow, thank you.

I want to know if my dealer is lying.

Can anyone confirm a leather shortage and has anyone else been in this position?

thank you!
The easiest way to know if the dealer is lying is to verify his/her lips are moving. If lips are moving, he/she is lying.
The following users liked this post:
E55Greasemonkey (05-21-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 04:53 PM

Mercedes GL550
Originally Posted by chassis
The easiest way to know if the dealer is lying is to verify his/her lips are moving. If lips are moving, he/she is lying.
Haha