C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Distonic upgrade for w206 c class 2022?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2023, 09:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C300, 2023 C300
It can definitely be done. Search Aliexpress and Chinese forums for parts and wiring harnesses; they have OEM retrofit kits even for the full driver assistant.
Old 04-21-2023, 06:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C220 4-matic 2022 estate
Does anybody know what the option "Preparation for adaptive cruise control DISTRONIC" means, what other parts do one need for this update, is it just the software or hardware etc?

Here in sweden this option with preparation is on the online building site

Old 04-21-2023, 10:05 PM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
Originally Posted by Orrby
Does anybody know what the option "Preparation for adaptive cruise control DISTRONIC" means, what other parts do one need for this update, is it just the software or hardware etc?

Here in sweden this option with preparation is on the online building site
DISTRONIC is the distance maintenance that requires the front radar sensors and distance slider on the steering wheel controller pads. I'm unsure if this equips the car with the large radar behind the star (the cars you see with the flat plastic tripoint instead of the 3D) since its not listed as DISTRONIC PLUS (autonomous steering etc)

Either way, "preparation" suggests the hardware is pre-installed and the software switches for particular functions are set to "off." I would not be surprised if all the hardware is present, and MB offers you "activation for adaptive cruise control DISTRONIC" this time with additional costs at shop.mbusa.com

Last edited by 818benz; 04-22-2023 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-22-2023, 01:54 PM

C220 4-matic 2022 estate
Originally Posted by 818benz
DISTRONIC is the distance maintenance that requires the front radar sensors and distance slider on the steering wheel controller pads. I'm unsure if this equips the car with the large radar behind the star (the cars you see with the flat plastic tripoint instead of the 3D) since its not listed as DISTRONIC PLUS (autonomous steering etc)

Either way, "preparation" suggests the hardware is pre-installed and the software switches for particular functions are set to "off." I would not be surprised if all the hardware is present, and MB offers you "activation for adaptive cruise control DISTRONIC" this time with additional costs at shop.mbusa.com
I also belive that the hardware is there but how can i see that, is there a way to se if i have the radar installed?
The next weeks i work alot so i dont have the time to drive to the dealer to find out, so it would be fun to see what hardware i have or not.
Old 04-22-2023, 06:57 PM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
I also belive that the hardware is there but how can i see that, is there a way to se if i have the radar installed?
The next weeks i work alot so i dont have the time to drive to the dealer to find out, so it would be fun to see what hardware i have or not.
If you have the large front radar installed, your Mercedes star in the front will be flat and the tripoint behind/inside the plastic. If you do not have the large front radar, your MB star will be three-dimensional and you can feel the star with your hands.

There is a picture of the flat star (front radar equipped) with extra front parking radars (the small body-colored plastic circles on the sides of wheel arch)

From @giovane

Here's a picture of the three-dimensional star (front radar not equipped) and less parking radar sensors (only at plastic diffuser, not wheel arches)

From @97supratt
The following users liked this post:
giovane (04-22-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 07:38 PM

C220 4-matic 2022 estate
If you have the large front radar installed, your Mercedes star in the front will be flat and the tripoint behind/inside the plastic. If you do not have the large front radar, your MB star will be three-dimensional and you can feel the star with your hands.

There is a picture of the flat star (front radar equipped) with extra front parking radars (the small body-colored plastic circles on the sides of wheel arch)

From @giovane

Here's a picture of the three-dimensional star (front radar not equipped) and less parking radar sensors (only at plastic diffuser, not wheel arches)

From @97supratt
Thanks fore the comparison, i have the buttom one with the star in 3d, do you know how to remove the star so i can see if there are som cabels or any hardware?!
Old 04-22-2023, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 447 Likes on 357 Posts
2015 CLS 550 2015 ML 400 Previous 2020 GLB 250 2019 A 220 2005 ML 350 1989 300 E 2001 SL 500
Thanks fore the comparison, i have the buttom one with the star in 3d, do you know how to remove the star so i can see if there are som cabels or any hardware?!
There is no hardware with the regular star
Old 04-23-2023, 12:44 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
2022 GLC 300 RWD
My 2022 GLC300 came with the 3D star. I updated to the distronic pro retro update.
The star turns counter clock wise to take it off. extremely hard to do the first time.
Had tech at the dealership help.
There is a radar sensor mounted behind the star but it is not the one which will work with distronic
It works with the emergency stopping.
also there are two wires not included in the wiring harness, Had to run those myself, simple to do
I could not add the full driver assistance as mine did not have the stereo cameras the windshield
is not the same so can't just add the camera. only one clear spot for a camera and then the clear stop for the rain and light sensors

2022 GLC300 base model
Old 08-09-2023, 01:24 PM
SPONSOR

Received 89 Likes on 37 Posts
AMG C63 2019 AMG C43 2024 RS7 2016
Just to let everyone know we are now selling the distronic pro retrofit on our website. See below:
https://rjautomotive.net/products/di...ering-vehicles
Will soon be releasing a long list of coding options for the w206
The following users liked this post:
schizophonic (08-09-2023)
Old 09-04-2023, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C200 2022
Hi,

1. He activated off-road, curve, and sport+ dynamic modes. Also activated AMG super sport cluster, increased top speed to 220, added AMG boot logo and cluster logos, temperatures menu, as well memory for last dynamic mode and auto on/off. He also activated lane keep assist which doesn’t require dashcam camera or driving assistance package. Distronic can be activated but you would need to swap the left side touch pad on the steering wheel. He also activated the factory alarm, but I didn’t know what it was until he told me.

2. I have nothing but good things to say about Simon. All I needed was an ENET cable and a windows laptop with teamviewer downloaded (free license is all you need). Plug the obd into the car and then into the laptop and send him teamviewer code on WhatsApp.
Took about an hour or two, all I had to do was check on the car and confirm the changes appeared when he messaged. He went through activating feature by feature and not all at once. Some dynamic modes broke MBUX like snow and wet, so I didn’t get those but he said a dealer FUP would allow him to activate them the future. He confirmed everything worked properly before disconnecting, and I have no doubt he would be willing to help if any problems occur. I have been using sport+ (sometimes even curve lol) and lane keep for 4 months now and haven’t had any issues.

3. I don't think I'll be getting distronic, mostly because it requires the hardware install. He had the OEM steering pad in stock and offered to ship the part to me, though I knew it would be expensive buying from Italy and I would have to find someone to install. If I was more handy, I would buy it in the states and have him code it after installing. I haven't been able to find the part number, but once you do so, it can be easy to order online. Most dealers sell parts online and will ship it anywhere in the US.

4. Zenzefi is a certificate MB uses to lock out customers and repair shops from accessing the car through the OBD port. Unless, of course, they pay MB an annual license for their Xentry software
Thanks for the detailed information, really appreciate your valuable information, How much does it cost you ??