Coding and retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2022, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300d S206
Coding and retrofit

Hello guys,

does anyone knows how to code new functions, by example, activate Sport +, offrad and curve mode drive modes? Set perimeter alarm from factory, memory last mode drive?

What i need to do that, obd, software etc?

Thank you
Old 12-28-2022, 12:45 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
Years ago when I owned a BMW, coding was easy accessible for most nerds with just few tools. Same with VW.
Apparently it's quite difficult with modern MB.
This guy in UK does remote coding.
The only two things I would be interested to is remembering the last setting in Auto start/stop and coding to use your phone as hotspot for internet services
https://rjautomotive.net/pages/coding-options
Old 12-28-2022, 02:35 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C 300 2022 4MATIC
Originally Posted by giovane
This guy in UK does remote coding.
Be carefull with them. Not sure that they support W206. At least I haven't found mentioning of it. W205 coding may not be compatible.
Old 12-28-2022, 06:01 PM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
Originally Posted by Jose Araujo
Hello guys,

does anyone knows how to code new functions, by example, activate Sport +, offrad and curve mode drive modes? Set perimeter alarm from factory, memory last mode drive?

What i need to do that, obd, software etc?

Thank you
I reached out to an Italian coder on WhatsApp. His instagram is @simon_benz_coding

All I needed was an ENET cable and a windows laptop with teamviewer downloaded (free license is all you need). Plug the obd into the car and then into the laptop and send him teamviewer code.

Took about an hour or two, all I had to do was check on the car and confirm the changes appeared. He went through activating feature by feature and not all at once. Some dynamic modes broke MBUX like snow and wet, so I didn’t get those but he said a dealer FUP would allow him to activate them the future.

He activated off-road, curve, and sport+ dynamic modes. Also activated AMG super sport cluster, increased top speed to 220, added AMG boot logo and cluster logos, temperatures menu, as well memory for last dynamic mode and auto on/off. He also activated lane keep assist which doesn’t require dashcam camera or driving assistance package. Distronic can be activated but you would need to swap the left side touch pad on the steering wheel.

He also activated the factory alarm like you mentioned, but I didn’t know about it until he told me.

I have been using sport+ (sometimes even curve lol) and lane keep for 4 months now and haven’t had any issues.
Old 12-29-2022, 04:28 AM

C300d S206
Originally Posted by 818benz
I reached out to an Italian coder on WhatsApp. His instagram is @simon_benz_coding

All I needed was an ENET cable and a windows laptop with teamviewer downloaded (free license is all you need). Plug the obd into the car and then into the laptop and send him teamviewer code.

Took about an hour or two, all I had to do was check on the car and confirm the changes appeared. He went through activating feature by feature and not all at once. Some dynamic modes broke MBUX like snow and wet, so I didn’t get those but he said a dealer FUP would allow him to activate them the future.

He activated off-road, curve, and sport+ dynamic modes. Also activated AMG super sport cluster, increased top speed to 220, added AMG boot logo and cluster logos, temperatures menu, as well memory for last dynamic mode and auto on/off. He also activated lane keep assist which doesn’t require dashcam camera or driving assistance package. Distronic can be activated but you would need to swap the left side touch pad on the steering wheel.

He also activated the factory alarm like you mentioned, but I didn’t know about it until he told me.

I have been using sport+ (sometimes even curve lol) and lane keep for 4 months now and haven’t had any issues.

Hey, thank you for your feedback.
So, what do you think about this drive modes Sport + and curve mode, they do significant diference from the normal sport mode? Can you please post a few photos from the instrument cluster in this modes?

Thank you very much
Old 12-30-2022, 05:25 PM

2022 C300
Originally Posted by Jose Araujo
Hey, thank you for your feedback.
So, what do you think about this drive modes Sport + and curve mode, they do significant diference from the normal sport mode? Can you please post a few photos from the instrument cluster in this modes?

Thank you very much
Hi,

The sport+ has the same suspension as sport, but the revs are noticeably higher. The steering is also a bit sharper than normal sport and feels better in corners. It also makes louder fake engine noise, though that can be turned off if you are running I*. It’s the same sport+ as you get on a w206 with the AMG aesthetic package. Nothing special like c43 or c63. The curve mode works surprisingly well and prevents everyone in the car from being pushed to the sides. Here as some pics

Last edited by 818benz; 12-30-2022 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2023, 06:44 AM

W206 2022 C300
Hey there, I see this post is from last year, but I am really interested in doing this. I am just wondering if this messes with your warranty?
Old 04-09-2023, 01:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
W206 C300

You mention that you had lane keeping assist coded.
Are you referring to the simple system where the steering wheel will vibrate if you cross a white line, or the more advanced system actually steering the car?

I really regret that my C300 was not fitted with the big driver's assistance package with the active steering assist, and it would be awesome if this could be coded, even though my car is only fitted with the one large camera, not the two smaller ones.
Old 04-10-2023, 12:36 AM

2022 C300
Originally Posted by HumbleBy
You mention that you had lane keeping assist coded.
Are you referring to the simple system where the steering wheel will vibrate if you cross a white line, or the more advanced system actually steering the car?

I really regret that my C300 was not fitted with the big driver's assistance package with the active steering assist, and it would be awesome if this could be coded, even though my car is only fitted with the one large camera, not the two smaller ones.
Simon activated the simple system where the wheel vibrates, however I turned on advanced assist in the settings so the car corrects itself. I believe the basic functionality relies solely on the monoscopic windshield camera. The basic system will keep you in lane by rocking you back and forth the edges of the marker if you don't steer (not going to test on a curve though LOL). It will even tell you to put your hands on the wheel after a few seconds. In my opinion, the system is still helpful, works well, and has kept me in lane more than I'd like to admit. It also adds an icon to the instrument cluster where the right or left lane turn red as an early warning and flash when the wheel vibrates.

One annoying thing to mention is that if you do not use your turn signals before changing lanes, the car will "fight" you to keep you in lane unless you accelerate quickly to merge. Also, if there is a car in your blind spot that the red triangle sees, and you try to merge, it will push you back into your lane. This is helpful, but can be annoying when trying to cut someone off . I believe these are all standard behavior with the systems turned on and even more intrusive with advanced drivers assist package.

Still, it's not distronic which steers the car on cruise control. You can retrofit distance maintenance with a wheel button swap but I doubt steering assist can be activated without retrofitting bumper radars (maybe stereo cameras are not needed since I think they are only used for dash cam and VR navi).

Here's a picture of my menu

Old 04-10-2023, 03:04 AM

W206 2022 C300
Simon activated the simple system where the wheel vibrates, however I turned on advanced assist in the settings so the car corrects itself. I believe the basic functionality relies solely on the monoscopic windshield camera. The basic system will keep you in lane by rocking you back and forth the edges of the marker if you don't steer (not going to test on a curve though LOL). It will even tell you to put your hands on the wheel after a few seconds. In my opinion, the system is still helpful, works well, and has kept me in lane more than I'd like to admit. It also adds an icon to the instrument cluster where the right or left lane turn red as an early warning and flash when the wheel vibrates.

One annoying thing to mention is that if you do not use your turn signals before changing lanes, the car will "fight" you to keep you in lane unless you accelerate quickly to merge. Also, if there is a car in your blind spot that the red triangle sees, and you try to merge, it will push you back into your lane. This is helpful, but can be annoying when trying to cut someone off . I believe these are all standard behavior with the systems turned on and even more intrusive with advanced drivers assist package.

Still, it's not distronic which steers the car on cruise control. You can retrofit distance maintenance with a wheel button swap but I doubt steering assist can be activated without retrofitting bumper radars (maybe stereo cameras are not needed since I think they are only used for dash cam and VR navi).

Here's a picture of my menu
Has this messed with your warranty coverage/will it mess with your warranty coverage?
Old 04-10-2023, 12:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,106 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Hi,

The sport+ has the same suspension as sport, but the revs are noticeably higher. The steering is also a bit sharper than normal sport and feels better in corners. It also makes louder fake engine noise, though that can be turned off if you are running I*. It’s the same sport+ as you get on a w206 with the AMG aesthetic package. Nothing special like c43 or c63. The curve mode works surprisingly well and prevents everyone in the car from being pushed to the sides. Here as some pics

Interesting, I always thought the curve mode is only possible with the E-ABC on higher models, glad it worked out for you. Learning something today.
Old 04-11-2023, 06:36 AM

2022 C300
Originally Posted by Bucket323
Has this messed with your warranty coverage/will it mess with your warranty coverage?
No idea… but I’m sure asking him to wipe the changes before inspection will leave them none the wiser
Old 04-11-2023, 06:47 AM

2022 C300
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Interesting, I always thought the curve mode is only possible with the E-ABC on higher models, glad it worked out for you. Learning something today.
Probably works better with active side bolsters, airmatic, and all that stuff! I think it modifies just the suspension and maybe power steering to reduce body lean.
Old 04-11-2023, 02:50 PM

W206 2022 C300
No idea… but I’m sure asking him to wipe the changes before inspection will leave them none the wiser

Gotcha, do you also think the changes will be lost/break when an OTA update is sent out?
Old 04-11-2023, 05:28 PM

2022 C300
Originally Posted by Bucket323
Gotcha, do you also think the changes will be lost/break when an OTA update is sent out?
I installed an OTA update 03/29 and none of the changes were lost or broken.

I think the coding Simon performed was just flipping existing software/systems from "off" to "on" so even a dealer MBUX update shouldn't break it.
Old 04-11-2023, 06:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,106 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Probably works better with active side bolsters, airmatic, and all that stuff! I think it modifies just the suspension and maybe power steering to reduce body lean.
Precisely, that definitely helps but I always thought the curve mode was part of the E-ABC oh boy I was wrong. Learned something so thanks for posting a screenshot of the curve mode.