New C300 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2023, 05:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLS63
New C300 owner

Hi All,
first time on this forum, previous owner of a GLS63 and decided to add the new C300 for daily driving. Took me a while to find the right spec as I wanted the premium plus package with heads-up and the all important bermester 3D sound.

Car is fantastic and has everything as my GLS but have yet to find out if this has the self drive option. I see it has lane assist but the car does not drive on the motorway itself and stay within the lane but only corrects if you swerve out of your lane. Is this not available on the W206? Can’t seem the find the option or anything on this online. Thanks

The following users liked this post:
chassis (04-10-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 10:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,106 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by UAE63AMG
Hi All,
first time on this forum, previous owner of a GLS63 and decided to add the new C300 for daily driving. Took me a while to find the right spec as I wanted the premium plus package with heads-up and the all important bermester 3D sound.

Car is fantastic and has everything as my GLS but have yet to find out if this has the self drive option. I see it has lane assist but the car does not drive on the motorway itself and stay within the lane but only corrects if you swerve out of your lane. Is this not available on the W206? Can’t seem the find the option or anything on this online. Thanks

Not sure what you mean by self driving? Are you referring to DISTRONIC? If so you should have a button for it, you can also look at your MB star and for cameras if it has DISTRONIC. Unless you mean self-driving as in autonomous driving, so level 3+? but isn't that only on select W223 cars?
Old 04-10-2023, 06:53 AM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
C300
By looking at the picture of your steering wheel I’m assuming you have the Driver assistance package which will include:
Active Distronic
adaptive cruise control, Active Steering Assist, Active Lane Change Assist, lane-keeping assistance, Pre-Safe Plus automatic emergency braking, active blind-spot warning, Active Brake Assist with Cross-Traffic function, evasive steering assistance, automatic emergency stop assistance, Active Speed Limit Assist, and Route-Based Speed Adaptation.
It is not a full self driving package but it’s the closest thing you can get today on a Mercedes C class. Best way to test is, while you are on the Motorway, Engage the cruise control and look if the symbol of the green wheel is illuminated. If the symbol Carrie’s also two green chevrons on each side it means it is capable of changing lanes automatically when you activate your blinker. As a suggestion look for driver assistance package on W206 on YouTube
The following users liked this post:
LarsB (04-11-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 09:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Heloflyer68
By looking at the picture of your steering wheel I’m assuming you have the Driver assistance package which will include:
Active Distronic
adaptive cruise control, Active Steering Assist, Active Lane Change Assist, lane-keeping assistance, Pre-Safe Plus automatic emergency braking, active blind-spot warning, Active Brake Assist with Cross-Traffic function, evasive steering assistance, automatic emergency stop assistance, Active Speed Limit Assist, and Route-Based Speed Adaptation.
It is not a full self driving package but it’s the closest thing you can get today on a Mercedes C class. Best way to test is, while you are on the Motorway, Engage the cruise control and look if the symbol of the green wheel is illuminated. If the symbol Carrie’s also two green chevrons on each side it means it is capable of changing lanes automatically when you activate your blinker. As a suggestion look for driver assistance package on W206 on YouTube
Great answer
The following 2 users liked this post by W205C43PFL:
Heloflyer68 (04-10-2023), LarsB (04-11-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 351 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
It looks like you have option 239 distronic but not the full drivers assistant package with steering assist and evasive aid and all the other bits. I say this because it appears in picture 1 you have the 3D star with the line protruding, where if you had the drivers assist package it would be flush and 2D.
Old 04-10-2023, 10:20 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
W206 C300
It looks like to only have the one large camera in the front windshield, not the two smaller ones.
This means that your car does not have the driver's assistance package which includes the "Active Steering Assist" function steering the car for you.
Your car may have the "Active Lane Keeping Assist" but that only vibrates the steering wheel when you cross a white line.
Old 04-10-2023, 11:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
It looks like you have option 239 distronic but not the full drivers assistant package with steering assist and evasive aid and all the other bits. I say this because it appears in picture 1 you have the 3D star with the line protruding, where if you had the drivers assist package it would be flush and 2D.
Interesting, good eye I wouldn't be able to see stuff like that myself.
Old 04-10-2023, 11:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by HumbleBy
It looks like to only have the one large camera in the front windshield, not the two smaller ones.
This means that your car does not have the driver's assistance package which includes the "Active Steering Assist" function steering the car for you.
Your car may have the "Active Lane Keeping Assist" but that only vibrates the steering wheel when you cross a white line.
Another good eye, I wouldn't be able to see those cameras myself in that image.