C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Cannot activate Mercedes me on my Car (internet connection currently unavailable)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2023, 10:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C200 2022
Cannot activate Mercedes me on my Car (internet connection currently unavailable)

I have recently purchased a used car w206 2022 in one of Middle Eastern countries , which was previously owned by someone in Germany. This means that the car was originally exported from Germany and was not originally intended for the Middle Eastern market.However, I am facing an issue with the Mercedes Me app. Despite connecting the car to the internet, the app in the car is

not functioning correctly and displays an error message stating "Internet connection not available." I am seeking assistance in identifying the cause of this problem and finding a solution to fix it.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide insights into the possible reasons behind this issue and offer guidance on how to resolve it.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Last edited by Sam.Reda; 05-21-2023 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Add car model
Old 05-22-2023, 01:26 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C 300 2022 4MATIC
Looks like you need to connect to internet first. There are 3 options.
  1. You can use home (or work or whatever) Wi-Fi if your car in the proximity and gets the signal.
  2. Configure your smartphone as Wi-Fi hotspot and use it.
  3. Buy data access subsciption if it's supported in your country. In this case the car will access internet directly using built in 4G modem.

Settings -> System -> Internet and Bluetooth
Old 05-22-2023, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,781 Likes on 2,528 Posts
2019 C63CS
The built in LTE connection will not roam to the Middle East. For a German car it will only roam within Europe. You'll have to get your car's region recoded and officially get Mercedes me activated for your market, assuming Mercedes me is supported where you are. It's not available in every market. Alternatives are as listed above, but even if you manage to get the data connection working via option 1 or 2, you may still not be able to activate the Mercedes me services, because the VIN is a German VIN, so you can't just activate it in a different market. The Mercedes me services are subscriptions and require a license and they depend on the market.
Old 05-23-2023, 03:29 AM

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2022 C300
Originally Posted by Sam.Reda
I have recently purchased a used car w206 2022 in one of Middle Eastern countries , which was previously owned by someone in Germany. This means that the car was originally exported from Germany and was not originally intended for the Middle Eastern market.However, I am facing an issue with the Mercedes Me app. Despite connecting the car to the internet, the app in the car is

not functioning correctly and displays an error message stating "Internet connection not available." I am seeking assistance in identifying the cause of this problem and finding a solution to fix it.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide insights into the possible reasons behind this issue and offer guidance on how to resolve it.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Agreed with the previous poster about the SIM card associated with the car's cellular antenna not roaming. Unfortunately, the car no longer has a physical SIM card but an eSIM programmed into the car's HERMES module. This requires it be re-programmed through the Mercedes Xentry software since MB locked out those who don't pay them from accessing the cars OBD.

Your best bet is to take it to a local dealership. If you have the purchase paperwork, you can assert your warranty since "every Mercedes built comes with a 3 year warranty" according to MB. Their site also claims warranty is transferable. I have also seen your post about your screen turning off. 2022 W206 models require a cover installed into the rear SAM controller to shield it from moisturize and random failure. Again, Mercedes has issued the recall themselves. Any authorized Mercedes dealer will resolve a recall globally. https://recalls.sa/Recall/RecallDeta...PageNumber%3D9

If you still cannot go to dealer, I would recommend reaching out to @simon_benz_coding on IG he is able to code current gen w206.
The following users liked this post:
capthady (05-11-2024)
Old 05-23-2023, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
FYI, warranty doesn't transfer to a new owner in a different country. So the German warranty on this car is not valid in the Middle East.
Old 05-23-2023, 04:38 AM

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2022 C300
Originally Posted by superswiss
FYI, warranty doesn't transfer to a new owner in a different country. So the German warranty on this car is not valid in the Middle East.
Old 05-28-2023, 10:43 AM

C200 2022
Originally Posted by Serg675
Looks like you need to connect to internet first. There are 3 options.
  1. You can use home (or work or whatever) Wi-Fi if your car in the proximity and gets the signal.
  2. Configure your smartphone as Wi-Fi hotspot and use it.
  3. Buy data access subsciption if it's supported in your country. In this case the car will access internet directly using built in 4G modem.

Settings -> System -> Internet and Bluetooth
Thanks for your response, i think the issue not in how to connect the car to the internet , car already connected and i can brrows website from the car , the problem only in Mercedes Me App
Old 05-28-2023, 10:52 AM

C200 2022
The built in LTE connection will not roam to the Middle East. For a German car it will only roam within Europe. You'll have to get your car's region recoded and officially get Mercedes me activated for your market, assuming Mercedes me is supported where you are. It's not available in every market. Alternatives are as listed above, but even if you manage to get the data connection working via option 1 or 2, you may still not be able to activate the Mercedes me services, because the VIN is a German VIN, so you can't just activate it in a different market. The Mercedes me services are subscriptions and require a license and they depend on the market.
Yes, you're absolutely right. I'm not sure why Mercedes imposed this restriction, but it appears that the Mercedes Me app is specifically blocking connections from IP addresses originating in Kuwait. As a result, when attempting to connect, it displays a message indicating that there is no connection.
I'm still looking for a solution or workaround to this issue. One idea I had was to reach out to forum member residing in Germany and ask if he could contact a dealer there for assistance. hemight be able to inquire about possible solutions or workarounds for this problem.
Old 05-28-2023, 10:55 AM

C200 2022
Originally Posted by 818benz
Agreed with the previous poster about the SIM card associated with the car's cellular antenna not roaming. Unfortunately, the car no longer has a physical SIM card but an eSIM programmed into the car's HERMES module. This requires it be re-programmed through the Mercedes Xentry software since MB locked out those who don't pay them from accessing the cars OBD.

Your best bet is to take it to a local dealership. If you have the purchase paperwork, you can assert your warranty since "every Mercedes built comes with a 3 year warranty" according to MB. Their site also claims warranty is transferable. I have also seen your post about your screen turning off. 2022 W206 models require a cover installed into the rear SAM controller to shield it from moisturize and random failure. Again, Mercedes has issued the recall themselves. Any authorized Mercedes dealer will resolve a recall globally. https://recalls.sa/Recall/RecallDeta...PageNumber%3D9

If you still cannot go to dealer, I would recommend reaching out to @simon_benz_coding on IG he is able to code current gen w206.
Following your advice, I contacted Simon as you recommended. However, he informed me that he is unable to activate the Mercedes Me service for my car. Instead, he suggested reaching out to a dealer in Germany for further assistance. Unfortunately, I don't have any information about a specific dealer in Germany to contact.
Old 06-25-2023, 03:36 AM

C200 2022
I've been considering getting a Mercedes Me account to take advantage of the benefits offered by the application. One of the key advantages is the ability to change the GPS region and download the Middle East map. Would anyone be able to assist me with the following request? Could someone try accessing their Mercedes Me website, download the Middle East map, and send it to me so I can update my MBUX using a USB? I'm unsure if this is feasible, but let's give it a try. Is there anyone who can help with this?
Old 06-25-2023, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Sam.Reda
I've been considering getting a Mercedes Me account to take advantage of the benefits offered by the application. One of the key advantages is the ability to change the GPS region and download the Middle East map. Would anyone be able to assist me with the following request? Could someone try accessing their Mercedes Me website, download the Middle East map, and send it to me so I can update my MBUX using a USB? I'm unsure if this is feasible, but let's give it a try. Is there anyone who can help with this?
That won't work. The map updates are VIN-locked. You can't download them for one car and install on another car. You have to download them for the VIN that you are going to install them.
The following users liked this post:
Sam.Reda (06-28-2023)
Old 02-04-2024, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C 250
I imported C Coupe C205 in (2017) and E300 (2022) from Germany to Dubai and i was strugling but this step may help

1. my mercedes Me app was not working when i register in Middle East, so i contacted USA and UK sites, they were not able to help as the car is outside their region, when i register VIn, I wrote country of residence UAE>
2. I tried to register with new email, country of residence (UK) and register the app (mobile phone) to the car with (Scan QR code) then I connect car to my phone with USB / or wifi cant remember exactly
3. Now from phone (mercedes me app) Android phone, I am able to see if the car data, km, travel distance, total trip, and if it is not lock and i am able to Lock the car remotely (But not to Unlock)
In the car I saw 4 bar / LTE signal, and I was able to connect from car to download software update, but . . when I wanted to buy Map, they redirect to Mercedes me Store which is written this app is not available in your country.
4. I try buy Middle East Map from desktop same story, as it is always direceted to the Middle East Dealer and dealer said, we can not change the regional me connect,
I read in mercedes websites that you have 3 years free basic plan.
I am not sure if I can do more than this, may be when I fly to Europe I will try (tried VPN but not working)
Old 03-28-2024, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes V klasa
Hello
I have a problem too. I am from Europe, from Poland. I bought a Mercedes V class W447 from Belgium. This car was manufactured for the country of sale: Belgium. The internet provider in Belgium is Proximus. The internet provider in Poland is Vodafone Plus. Mercedes does not have the option to change the Internet provider in the Hermes module. Why?
Old 03-28-2024, 02:02 PM

Mercedes V klasa
Hello
I have a problem too. I am from Europe, from Poland. I bought a Mercedes V class W447 from Belgium. This car was manufactured for the country of sale: Belgium. The internet provider in Belgium is Proximus. The internet provider in Poland is Vodafone Plus. Mercedes does not have the option to change the Internet provider in the Hermes module. Why?
Old 03-28-2024, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by RobertWiking
Hello
The HERMES/RAMSIS modules are region specific. MB has deals with carriers in each region as well as roaming agreements. They do not want to encourage exporting and importing vehicles from different regions, because it undercuts pricing in the various markets. For example here in the USA we have to sign an agreement not to export the vehicle for a certain amount of time, because cars are cheaper here than even in neighboring Canada and exporting US vehicles to Asia is a big business. MB has no interest helping anyone who imports a vehicle from another market. Their position is if you want everything to work as advertised then buy the vehicle locally in your market, built for your market.

Remember when game consoles and DVD players such as the PlayStation had region locks, so you couldn't buy games/movies from other countries and play them on your game console/DVD player? This is kinda the same idea.

Last edited by superswiss; 03-28-2024 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:57 PM

Mercedes V klasa
The HERMES/RAMSIS modules are region specific. MB has deals with carriers in each region as well as roaming agreements. They do not want to encourage exporting and importing vehicles from different regions, because it undercuts pricing in the various markets. For example here in the USA we have to sign an agreement not to export the vehicle for a certain amount of time, because cars are cheaper here than even in neighboring Canada and exporting US vehicles to Asia is a big business. MB has no interest helping anyone who imports a vehicle from another market. Their position is if you want everything to work as advertised then buy the vehicle locally in your market, built for your market.

Remember when game consoles and DVD players such as the PlayStation had region locks, so you couldn't buy games/movies from other countries and play them on your game console/DVD player? This is kinda the same idea.
Thanks for the answer.
I struggled with this for 3 months and wasted my time.
It is known that additional services mean additional money.
I do not understand them.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:10 PM

C 250
Originally Posted by oxxy
I imported C Coupe C205 in (2017) and E300 (2022) from Germany to Dubai and i was strugling but this step may help

1. my mercedes Me app was not working when i register in Middle East, so i contacted USA and UK sites, they were not able to help as the car is outside their region, when i register VIn, I wrote country of residence UAE>
2. I tried to register with new email, country of residence (UK) and register the app (mobile phone) to the car with (Scan QR code) then I connect car to my phone with USB / or wifi cant remember exactly
3. Now from phone (mercedes me app) Android phone, I am able to see if the car data, km, travel distance, total trip, and if it is not lock and i am able to Lock the car remotely (But not to Unlock)
In the car I saw 4 bar / LTE signal, and I was able to connect from car to download software update, but . . when I wanted to buy Map, they redirect to Mercedes me Store which is written this app is not available in your country.
4. I try buy Middle East Map from desktop same story, as it is always direceted to the Middle East Dealer and dealer said, we can not change the regional me connect,
I read in mercedes websites that you have 3 years free basic plan.
I am not sure if I can do more than this, may be when I fly to Europe I will try (tried VPN but not working)

Update Feb 2024,
After tweaking here and there, finally the MB connect working
I tried to register to MB UK sites and uploading my driver license and scann the QR code from the car
finally the Mercedesme show with most of the features such as Locking and unlocking door and opening and closing windows, showing tyre pressure and mileage, trip data, also geofencing.
while for Map. I purchase on ebay by giiving them VIN and they send me link which i upload to memory card finally I have Europe and Middle east map too
Amazing. . .
Old 03-29-2024, 12:15 AM

C200 2022
Update Feb 2024,
After tweaking here and there, finally the MB connect working
I tried to register to MB UK sites and uploading my driver license and scann the QR code from the car
finally the Mercedesme show with most of the features such as Locking and unlocking door and opening and closing windows, showing tyre pressure and mileage, trip data, also geofencing.
while for Map. I purchase on ebay by giiving them VIN and they send me link which i upload to memory card finally I have Europe and Middle east map too
Amazing. . .
wow .. i need to do the same. I need more details from you please , shall i call you ? If yes please send me PM with your contact details
Old 03-30-2024, 06:51 PM

C 250
In brief, i install mercedesme in my android playstore, with no car yet, I tried different way to connect, first i register to mbusa, then after couple of days was rejected so i lost the login, then I make another login account to mercedes germany the country of origin, then i got rejected again.
So finally i register again in UK account the app remain active without car.
After registering the account, I tried to enter VIN manually on all sites, it was rejected, the only success is when I register through the QR code in car setting MBUX display, then it is added, however there is no access to services active until i add verification to MB UK app, which they require to submit evicence such as driver license / car registration under my name (i forgot either or both ) finally I can see the car including almost all services except I can not go to mbstore as it is not available in my country where i resides when I wanted to buy map for middle east. The way I add map region is buy online (ebay) copy in USB type 3 drive . . . thats all i can say . . .
Old 04-25-2024, 07:50 AM

C200 2022
Angry

In brief, i install mercedesme in my android playstore, with no car yet, I tried different way to connect, first i register to mbusa, then after couple of days was rejected so i lost the login, then I make another login account to mercedes germany the country of origin, then i got rejected again.
So finally i register again in UK account the app remain active without car.
After registering the account, I tried to enter VIN manually on all sites, it was rejected, the only success is when I register through the QR code in car setting MBUX display, then it is added, however there is no access to services active until i add verification to MB UK app, which they require to submit evicence such as driver license / car registration under my name (i forgot either or both ) finally I can see the car including almost all services except I can not go to mbstore as it is not available in my country where i resides when I wanted to buy map for middle east. The way I add map region is buy online (ebay) copy in USB type 3 drive . . . thats all i can say . . .
i followed your steps, UK Account, Mercedes Me App from UK Apple store, now i`m stuck in retrieve QR Code in my Car as it gives me error everytime says no intenet connection available (the main issue of this Post) i don`t know how to let the car generate QR Code knowing that i`m stay in Kuwait where mercedes me is now working in
Old 05-11-2024, 03:48 PM

EQE350
MBUX activation

MBUX activation
thats all about how they lock the system
if someone can code it and remove the restriction that would be beneficial for the owners with similar case being stuck with No activation
Russians have succeeded to activate Chinese cars like Zeekr,BYD,…etc
I don’t know if they did succeed with Benz but it worth searching to find out if there is a way