C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Burmester Speaker Cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2023, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shopping C300
Burmester Speaker Cover

I have been looking for the right C300 and found one. One of the things that was noticed when inspecting the car was that the driver's door lacked the silver Burmester speaker cover while the others had it.

They are going to fix it before I take delivery, but my concern is that if the wrong speaker cover assembly was installed at the factory, what are the chances that the incorrect speaker was placed in the door as well?

I don't even know how something like this happens and passes QA at the factory. There was also a rubber rear door seal that appeared to be incorrect that is also being resolved..

I'm new to the brand and figured this group was the best one to bounce this off of.

Thanks in Advance,
Dave

Old 06-26-2023, 07:43 AM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by DaveNJ
I have been looking for the right C300 and found one. One of the things that was noticed when inspecting the car was that the driver's door lacked the silver Burmester speaker cover while the others had it.

They are going to fix it before I take delivery, but my concern is that if the wrong speaker cover assembly was installed at the factory, what are the chances that the incorrect speaker was placed in the door as well?

I don't even know how something like this happens and passes QA at the factory. There was also a rubber rear door seal that appeared to be incorrect that is also being resolved..

I'm new to the brand and figured this group was the best one to bounce this off of.

Thanks in Advance,
Dave

No burmester speaker cover most likely means no burmester at all. Which includes different speakers and no AMP. Confirm with your dealer that burmester is actually in the car or check up your vin on MB.vin. I’ll be surprised if they can’t get burmester on your car, imo the stock system sounds like crap.
Old 06-26-2023, 09:13 AM

Shopping C300
Originally Posted by Holo
No burmester speaker cover most likely means no burmester at all. Which includes different speakers and no AMP. Confirm with your dealer that burmester is actually in the car or check up your vin on MB.vin. I’ll be surprised if they can’t get burmester on your car, imo the stock system sounds like crap.
Thanks for the response.

Agreed about the stock system. The build sheet definitely has it, the other three doors have the Burmester speakers and the MBUX shows the Burmester. It appears to be just the drivers door that has the wrong speaker cover assembly (and most likely the wrong speaker in my opinion).

Old 06-26-2023, 11:11 AM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
C300
Thanks for the response.

Agreed about the stock system. The build sheet definitely has it, the other three doors have the Burmester speakers and the MBUX shows the Burmester. It appears to be just the drivers door that has the wrong speaker cover assembly (and most likely the wrong speaker in my opinion).
Pretty big mistake for them to make. The dealer should take care of that then. Couldn’t imagine how they can explain that there’s a miss matched speaker cover lol.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:38 PM

Shopping C300
Pretty big mistake for them to make. The dealer should take care of that then. Couldn’t imagine how they can explain that there’s a miss matched speaker cover lol.
They are taking care of it and have verified the correct speaker is installed in the door as well.

I didn't doubt they would take care of it, just pretty shocked that it even happened in the first place.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,040 Likes on 1,422 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
https://mbworld.org/forums/gle63s-gl...ar-bumper.html
Old 06-26-2023, 11:35 PM

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
GLC EQB GLS C300 convertible
country of origin?

The QC is joke
Old 06-28-2023, 03:26 PM

Received 163 Likes on 120 Posts
1986 Light Ivory R107 560SL, 2020 Lunar Blue W205 C300 AMG-line
Jesus what a joke! The new GLE has been in production for years now and they still can’t get it right…
Old 06-28-2023, 06:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,106 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by AzurSL
Jesus what a joke! The new GLE has been in production for years now and they still can’t get it right…
We are not done: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...y-control.html
last but not least wrong exhaust tips (63 and 53 exhaust tips simultaneously) https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post8772772
Old 06-28-2023, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
We are not done: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...y-control.html
last but not least wrong exhaust tips (63 and 53 exhaust tips simultaneously) https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post8772772
Yeah I remember seeing those two. Luckily those seem like easy remedies (although it shouldn’t have happened in the first place). The incorrect and melting bumper on the other hand…

How the greats have fallen. Oh well
Old 06-28-2023, 07:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Yeah I remember seeing those two. Luckily those seem like easy remedies (although it shouldn’t have happened in the first place). The incorrect and melting bumper on the other hand…

Right, it is what it is I guess.
Old 06-29-2023, 01:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

To my disappointment we are not done (that said though, I can't remember if the EQS was built in the Alabama plant, someone confirm?): https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post8772772
Old 07-07-2023, 10:49 PM

Shopping C300
I'm back with an update on this. I think I found the factory car they put all the spare parts on.

Delivery day was a long day... (4+ hours at the dealer) issues calibrating "sensors" and unexpected large software updates required. The dealership was willing to do delivery at my home 1.5 hours away the next day, but I chose to wait. I drive home and an hour later, "Parktronic inoperable".

In addition, the audio system started making rattling noises. I call the dealer, they come drop off a loaner and pick up the car. They had it a week... bad subwoofer, broken mounting bracket for a module in the footwell, bad sensor module for the front-end sensors. Needed full sw updates again on the modules. New codes every time they update the modules.

I go pick up the car this evening... 3 hours later, parktronic operative. And to boot, it's developing a quiet rattle in the dash when going over uneven road.

The dealer has really gone out of the way trying to make this right, but I think I just got the spare parts car assembled on a Friday when QC was on vacation. I'm convinced it will never be quite right. And I'm pissed.

Old 07-07-2023, 11:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

I'm back with an update on this. I think I found the factory car they put all the spare parts on.

Delivery day was a long day... (4+ hours at the dealer) issues calibrating "sensors" and unexpected large software updates required. The dealership was willing to do delivery at my home 1.5 hours away the next day, but I chose to wait. I drive home and an hour later, "Parktronic inoperable".

In addition, the audio system started making rattling noises. I call the dealer, they come drop off a loaner and pick up the car. They had it a week... bad subwoofer, broken mounting bracket for a module in the footwell, bad sensor module for the front-end sensors. Needed full sw updates again on the modules. New codes every time they update the modules.

I go pick up the car this evening... 3 hours later, parktronic operative. And to boot, it's developing a quiet rattle in the dash when going over uneven road.

The dealer has really gone out of the way trying to make this right, but I think I just got the spare parts car assembled on a Friday when QC was on vacation. I'm convinced it will never be quite right. And I'm pissed.
Sorry to hear about this, hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a lemon and if it does, hopefully it is not a painful process.
Old 07-08-2023, 08:08 PM

Shopping C300
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Sorry to hear about this, hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a lemon and if it does, hopefully it is not a painful process.
Spoke to the dealer today, they are going to engage mb and resolve the issue with them. If it continues to be a problem, they'll take the necessary steps to resolve it one way or another.

We'll see what happens. I'm hopeful the dealer is being genuine. Only time will tell.

All the problems aside, I love the vehicle.
Old 07-08-2023, 10:28 PM

Spoke to the dealer today, they are going to engage mb and resolve the issue with them. If it continues to be a problem, they'll take the necessary steps to resolve it one way or another.

We'll see what happens. I'm hopeful the dealer is being genuine. Only time will tell.

If they don’t get it right this time I think you should send a nicely worded letter to MBUSA demanding a buy back or at least allow you to swap it out for a comparable car. You have been going out of your way enough for them. This is unacceptable on their part but is something we’ve come to expect from modern MB. It’s time to let them know that this is unacceptable. You bought a Mercedes-Benz, you should expect the best or nothing! (At least your dealer reflects that in their intentions to make it right, but sometimes enough is enough)

I had a lemon W205 that felt like it would vibrate itself to bits. Dealer couldn’t solve it so instead of offering to help, they refused to work on it and actually banned the car from having any warranty work related to the drivetrain at their establishment. I sent a nicely worded email to MBUSA explaining how unacceptable it was and demanded they buy back the car and voila! They bought it back! I came back many years later for another W205 (I couldn’t help myself I LOVE the car) and it has also been another dumpster fire. Thinking of moving on from the brand I so dearly love.
Old 07-09-2023, 09:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

They should because you are protected by lemon law, I just hope they are able to solve it sooner rather than later for you.
Old 07-09-2023, 09:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

If they don’t get it right this time I think you should send a nicely worded letter to MBUSA demanding a buy back or at least allow you to swap it out for a comparable car. You have been going out of your way enough for them. This is unacceptable on their part but is something we’ve come to expect from modern MB. It’s time to let them know that this is unacceptable. You bought a Mercedes-Benz, you should expect the best or nothing! (At least your dealer reflects that in their intentions to make it right, but sometimes enough is enough)

I had a lemon W205 that felt like it would vibrate itself to bits. Dealer couldn’t solve it so instead of offering to help, they refused to work on it and actually banned the car from having any warranty work related to the drivetrain at their establishment. I sent a nicely worded email to MBUSA explaining how unacceptable it was and demanded they buy back the car and voila! They bought it back! I came back many years later for another W205 (I couldn’t help myself I LOVE the car) and it has also been another dumpster fire. Thinking of moving on from the brand I so dearly love.
I agree with doing this, MB right now from what we seen is the best... (for the shareholders) or nothing... We need to voice ourselves and let MB know we are not just going to let them brush us off.
The following users liked this post:
AzurSL (07-09-2023)
Old 07-09-2023, 04:16 PM

Shopping C300

I can't believe a dealer would do that. I've actually been pretty happy with my dealer so far. They appear to be as unhappy as I am. We already discussed what the process would potentially be for a buyback should the problems continue.
Old 07-09-2023, 06:03 PM

I can't believe a dealer would do that. I've actually been pretty happy with my dealer so far. They appear to be as unhappy as I am. We already discussed what the process would potentially be for a buyback should the problems continue.
Glad to hear they are so willing to work with you! I just sent you a response PM. I forgot mention that when contacting MBUSA for a buy back, it will usually take them about 6 weeks to respond with a full outcome. I would expect it to be quicker if you and the dealer are working together to get a response from MBUSA.
Old 07-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

Not all dealerships are created equal I guess, oh well.