Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2023, 10:06 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
MyQ connected garage + MBUX

https://www.myq.com/auto/mercedes-benz

Experience the power of voice

myQ Connected Garage is available in select 2019 and newer Mercedes-Benz vehicles via the MBUX Voice Assistant. Mercedes-Benz drivers with a myQ connected garage door opener are the first to have their own in-vehicle, voice-controlled personal assistant to open, close and check the status of their garage door from anywhere on the road.

Link Your Mercedes-Benz to myQ Connected Garage

Link your Mercedes-Benz to your myQ account to enable integrated garage access controls. See below for instructions.

Tips for Getting Started

• Use the myQ Compatibility Tool to determine if your garage door opener is myQ compatible.
  • If you are new to myQ, download the myQ mobile app onto your mobile device, create an account, and sign in.
  • Connect your myQ-connected garage door devices via myQ mobile app using the onscreen setup tutorial and ensure they are controllable via myQ mobile app prior to linking.
  • Be sure your vehicle is parked safely either inside or outside of your garage prior to beginning.
  • Ensure there are no garage door obstructions.
Note: Mercedes-Benz voice control can be activated via steering wheel controls or by saying ‘Hey Mercedes’.

To Link Your Mercedes-Benz to myQ Connected Garage

1. Power on your vehicle in the parked position.
  2. Say “Hey Mercedes, I want to connect my myQ Connected Garage account.”
    • The Vehicle will respond with “Okay, I’ve just sent through a QR code notification. To see it, just swipe down from the top of your screen and tap the notification. You can then simply scan the QR code with your phone and connect to your myQ Connected Garage account.”
  3. Scan the QR Code using your mobile device.
    • This will take you to a Mercedes-Benz + myQ Connected Garage webpage.
  4. On your mobile device, tap Sign In if you are an existing myQ User.
    • If you are a new myQ user, tap Learn More to get signed up.
  5. Review ‘Consent’ and tap Accept.
  6. Your vehicle is now linked to your myQ garage door devices.
The following 2 users liked this post by giovane:
AMGFury (09-25-2023), wildta (09-22-2023)
Old 09-22-2023, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 638 Likes on 473 Posts
MB
So what functionality is added by linking MyQ to MBUX? Can you simply say "hey Mercedes close/open the garage"?

EDIT: Just connected mine. Yes to the above and you can also ask the status of the garage door which is great because sometimes I'll be halfway down street thinking that I forgot to close the door and have to look at my phone's MyQ app to check the status of the door. Thanks for posting.

What other apps can I connect besides Alexa which I don't use?

The new MBUX Voice Assistant smart home feature supports products from Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, TP-Link, and myQ by Chamberlain Group. Devices and equipment users can control include lights, smart plugs, thermostats, motion detectors, and garage doors.

Last edited by wildta; 09-22-2023 at 01:14 AM.
Old 09-22-2023, 12:44 AM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
Exactly that.
Nothing Siri or Google can’t do already
Old 09-22-2023, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by giovane
Exactly that.
Nothing Siri or Google can’t do already
I've never thought of asking Google. I wonder if it'll state the status of the door. I'll have to test tomorrow and report back.
I would prefer to use Google over MBUX since Google has user voice recognition as a little bit of a security layer.
Old 09-22-2023, 02:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63 Wagon
I have a 2021 W213 with MBUX, when I asked Hey Mercedes to connect to myQ account, she said is not yet available. Wondering what year and model this feature currently supports.
Old 09-22-2023, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,827 Likes on 2,557 Posts
2019 C63CS
This is all nifty, but also hugely redundant and not faster or more convenient than pressing the Homelink button on the mirror. Takes longer to say "Hey Mercedes....open the garage" then just pressing the button. I have myQ as part of my smart home and all is integrated with Apple Homekit, so I can open my garage door from the CarPlay dashboard, which is useful whenever I drive a loaner for example. I could just say Hey Siri, open the garage, but again it's slower than just pressing/tapping a button. This is just duplicating functionality that already exists for anybody who has a smartphone. They should spend their time and money on fixing the bugs that their existing software has and make sure the software in new production models isn't buggy as hell judging from my recent loaner experience, instead of wasting money and time on duplicating functionality.

Last edited by superswiss; 09-22-2023 at 12:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
giovane (09-22-2023)
Old 09-22-2023, 09:59 AM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2023 GLE 450
I have linked myq account to my mercedes and it works.
I just wanted to know how to unlink it?
Old 09-25-2023, 11:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLS580
Originally Posted by manbeing
I just wanted to know how to unlink it?
"Hey Mercedes. Unlink my myQ account."

https://support.chamberlaingroup.com...-Benz-from-myQ
Old 09-25-2023, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by superswiss
This is all nifty, but also hugely redundant and not faster or more convenient than pressing the Homelink button on the mirror. Takes longer to say "Hey Mercedes....open the garage" then just pressing the button. I have myQ as part of my smart home and all is integrated with Apple Homekit, so I can open my garage door from the CarPlay dashboard, which is useful whenever I drive a loaner for example. I could just say Hey Siri, open the garage, but again it's slower than just pressing/tapping a button. This is just duplicating functionality that already exists for anybody who has a smartphone. They should spend their time and money on fixing the bugs that their existing software has and make sure the software in new production models isn't buggy as hell judging from my recent loaner experience, instead of wasting money and time on duplicating functionality.
I run Android so that's kind of neat you're able to use it MyQ soft buttons on the Carplay dashboard when you're in a loaner.

I think the most useful integration of MyQ and MBUX is the ability to ask Mercedes for the status of my garage door because often times I'll drive away and can't remember if I closed it via homelink. Before I would have to open the MyQ app on my phone to look at the status so it's just a little bit of convenience in this regard. From there I can ask to close it if I left it open without having to be within homelink range, even though I have my Liftmaster set to auto close after 10min.

Another user on here said he has his automated to close via geofence so that would make this integration moot for me if I'm able to do the same on my garage.
Old 09-25-2023, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by wildta
I run Android so that's kind of neat you're able to use it MyQ soft buttons on the Carplay dashboard when you're in a loaner.

I think the most useful integration of MyQ and MBUX is the ability to ask Mercedes for the status of my garage door because often times I'll drive away and can't remember if I closed it via homelink. Before I would have to open the MyQ app on my phone to look at the status so it's just a little bit of convenience in this regard. From there I can ask to close it if I left it open without having to be within homelink range, even though I have my Liftmaster set to auto close after 10min.

Another user on here said he has his automated to close via geofence so that would make this integration moot for me if I'm able to do the same on my garage.
Yeah, that was me on the other thread talking about using automation. I agree Android doesn't have smart home functionality integrated well into its native UI. On the iPhone I don't have to open an app to make something happen at my house. I can just swipe down the control center then directly control my smart home from there, or as I said in the other thread the lock screen widget shows directly on the home screen if any door, including the garage is open/unlocked at my house, so again, no opening of any app needed, and CarPlay shows the status of the garage on the dashboard as said, so what MB offers here is quite mediocre. Maybe you can find some third-party widgets for Android that offer similar functionality.

Garage door status on the CarPlay dashboard:

Native iOS lock screen widget showing the home status:

Old 09-25-2023, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by superswiss
Yeah, that was me on the other thread talking about using automation. I agree Android doesn't have smart home functionality integrated well into its native UI. On the iPhone I don't have to open an app to make something happen at my house. I can just swipe down the control center then directly control my smart home from there, or as I said in the other thread the lock screen widget shows directly on the home screen if any door, including the garage is open/unlocked at my house, so again, no opening of any app needed, and CarPlay shows the status of the garage on the dashboard as said, so what MB offers here is quite mediocre. Maybe you can find some third-party widgets for Android that offer similar functionality.

Garage door status on the CarPlay dashboard:

Native iOS lock screen widget showing the home status:
Gotcha. Thanks for the screenshots. So does that little icon then show a fully white door when it's closed? That's pretty neat. Should be helpful for others running iPhone and MyQ.

Like this:

Old 09-25-2023, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by wildta
Gotcha. Thanks for the screenshots. So does that little icon then show a fully white door when it's closed? That's pretty neat. Should be helpful for others running iPhone and MyQ.

Like this:
On the lock screen if the garage is closed it goes away. The lock screen basically shows the highest priority security concern that needs attention. For example at the moment all my doors are closed and locked, but my alarm system is disarmed, so that's what it shows. As said I also have automation set up, such that when I arm the alarm system all the doors lock automatically and the garage door closes, so I don't really have to bother with individual concerns. That's what I meant in the other thread by a smart home should handle routine tasks for you automatically. All I do is tell Siri that I'm leaving and it secures the whole house w/o me having to think about if I locked the doors or closed the garage.

Last edited by superswiss; 09-25-2023 at 02:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
wildta (09-28-2023)
Old 09-25-2023, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB SLK320, SL63
MBUX works great with myQ. I couldn't figure out how to program homelink, setting up myQ was such a breeze! Scan the QR code and you're done!
Old 09-25-2023, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by AMGFury
MBUX works great with myQ. I couldn't figure out how to program homelink, setting up myQ was such a breeze! Scan the QR code and you're done!
Homelink is definitely more involved to set up and is a two step process with modern rolling code openers, but it's not rocket science. You do it once and it's done. Most common issues are due to an old battery in the remote you are using to teach the car. Put in a fresh battery and the process should be straight forward.
Old 09-28-2023, 01:14 PM

2021 GLE35 AMG
Ugh

Nothing work right on my Mercedes. I dislike this car more everyday.
I don't get a QR code I get this message.......In order to use the feature, please login to your Mercedes Me profile account...blah blah
umm my profile is loggin and running.

Both Mercedes and Chamberlain say I should be getting a QR code to scan. Clearly I'm not or I wouldn't be reaching out to these people for help.

Beyond flustered.
2021 GLE 53 AMG
Old 09-28-2023, 01:18 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2023 GLE 450
Originally Posted by Spirit1550
I don't get a QR code I get this message.......In order to use the feature, please login to your Mercedes Me profile account...blah blah

Both Mercedes and Chamberlain say I should be getting a QR code to scan. Clearly I'm not or I wouldn't be reaching out to these people for help.

Beyond flustered.
2021 GLE 53 AMG
QR code works for me. i was able to open /close garage door by saying " hey mercedes, open/close garage door"
Old 10-03-2023, 07:48 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
Originally Posted by Spirit1550

Beyond flustered.
2021 GLE 53 AMG
If you are attempting this on your 2021 GLE, it won't work. The voice command is answered by MB server over the internet, so it gives the same reply to all vehicles, regardless of if they have NTG 7.
Old 10-26-2023, 07:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 GLE 350
Thanks for answering my question.

I tried linking my Q account with the MBUX and the voice assistant said this feature isn’t available in your country, Canada. I just assumed because I had NTG 6 or MBUX 1 that it would only work on NTG 7 or MBUX 2. I have a 2021 GLE 350. No biggie, I just press the home link button on my mirror. I do like the the upgrade from Here to Google for the navigation and the added info on businesses. I’m glad they haven’t forgot the original MBUX owners.
Old 10-27-2023, 11:57 AM

LC 300 and audi etron gt
This is fantastic news for Mercedes-Benz owners. Having voice-controlled access to your<!--td {border: 1px solid #cccccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->Garage Door through the MBUX Voice Assistant is a great convenience. Thanks for sharing the instructions on how to link the Mercedes-Benz to myQ Connected Garage – it seems straightforward and user-friendly. A helpful feature for sure.

Last edited by luceygrey876; 10-27-2023 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-16-2023, 12:51 PM

AMG GLE53 Coupe
Multiple garage doors?

I've looked in multiple places and can't find this answer. How can I use this to open only a single garage door if myq is connected to multiple? The generic open garage door opens all and ME doesn't seem to recognize the myq names of specific doors.