C-Class (W206) 2021 to

2023 C300 multile issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2023, 09:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 c300
2023 C300 multile issues

I bought this car for specific reasons as I travel a lot and I picked it with certain features. I have had numerous issues since December 2023 with this car. The biggest issue is the recall that they are STILL refusing to fix despite my complaints of my car stalling in the middle of a turn, when I was on the freeway and other times as well. This is a MAJOR safety issue, but sadly I don't have a 2nd car to drive, so I have no choice. I have contacted Mercedes Benz USA and they said they would take care of me; this was back in June 2023? We are almost in 2024. They just ignore you and don't seem to care at this point.

I have taken my car to the dealership 4 times now for the same issues happening:

1st service: I asked them about fixing the recall as I am experiencing the issue and had complained about it prior to even knowing about the recall, they said they cannot fix it, it is still pending recall and once they release it, they will fix it (Not being happy, I couldn't' do anything about it). They said that the CarPlay was a known issue and Mercedes has no fix at this time, they couldn't reproduce the folding mirror turning off randomly. (When they were cleaning my car, the guy was vaping right next to my car with the door open and it got in my car, took a few days for the smell to go away, I was livid about this, I even showed the general manager the video as I have a Ring Dashcam the caught it)

2nd service: I asked them about fixing the recall as I am experiencing the issue and had complained about it prior to even knowing about the recall, they said they still cannot fix it, it is still pending recall and once they release it, they will fix it (Not being happy, I couldn't' do anything about it)They couldn't reproduce the issues and still no known fix and they sent me on my way.

3rd service (Different dealership). I asked them about fixing the recall as I am experiencing the issue and had complained about it prior to even knowing about the recall, they said they cannot fix it, it is still pending recall and once they release it, they will fix it (Not being happy, I couldn't' do anything about it). I told them I was having issues with the Car Play, Android play, folding mirror issue, and was getting errors with the screen shutting off as well. They said they found 47 error codes and cleared them all out and should resolve my issue. I was totally excited and happy to finally have a fix, minus the recall.

Problems still continued to happen despite the error codes removed.

4th service: I asked them about fixing the recall as I am experiencing the issue and had complained about it prior to even knowing about the recall, they said they cannot fix it, it is still pending recall and once they release it, they will fix it (Still not being happy and at this point I have lost all confidence in this car). On top of the CarPlay, Android, Mirror Folding, Sceen turning off (Though this one has not happened for a long time now), Active Steering Assist Inoperative, Active Emergency Stop Assist Currently Unavailable See Operator's Manual, and the car started to do an emergency stop on its own for no reason at all. Something is VERY wrong with the car and it is scary. It isn't like it happens every day, but randomly happens, but the CarPlay stuff happens pretty frequently. I tried with Bluetooth and wired and has the issue.

Side note: None of this is cause by dirty sensors as it happens even after a carwash, and everything is clean.

Errors I get:
"Wireless Connection Not Possible Please try again or connect your device via USB"
"Apple CarPlay could not be started"
"Apple CarPlay could not be started. Your device has been connected as a Bluetooth phone"
"Your request to start the engine may have failed because it was not possible to establish contact with the vehicle. This may be due to a limited network connection" This one is rate but happens once in a while and I assume the connection is blocked somehow.

Other errors:
"Automatic Mirror Folding disables itself randomly"
"Screen shots off randomly as you are driving"
"Active Steering Assist Inoperative"
"Active Emergency Stop Assist Currently Unavailable See Operator's Manual"
"Active Blind Spot Assist Inoperative"

Has anyone had any of these issues and if so, was there a fix? I am looking for any help at all. I have lost complete confidence in this car and it is really sad. I have waited for this model since it was announced and picked out a specific one with tire size to looks (AMG) to features, etc... and all this happens. I have had many Mercedes before this and never any issues outside normal stuff.

Any help is very much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_8413 (1).mov (9.39 MB, 34 views)
Old 12-22-2023, 03:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
W206 C200
I'm sorry to hear .Unfortunately, I have the same experience with my C200 Launch Edition. In the first year I had the car it has been to the dealership more than 20(!) times to fix numerous issues. The errors you have for the different assist systems being in an error state, I had that too. Mine was fixed by replacing the camera hood in the windshield. Apparently, due to poor design, the cameras fogged up, and when the car cannot "see" the road goes into panic mode throwing all the assist systems offline. In the meantime my windshield was replaced as well, it spontaneously (yes spontaneously) cracked one day. The new windshield has heating lines running in front of the cameras which should help with defogging.
The automatic folding of the mirrors getting disabled, I experience that sometimes as well. Usually, when that happens I can see that the navigation system is also been reset (saved home and favorite addresses are gone among other settings). The dealership replaced the main head unit computer, but still this happens. I am not using the onboard navigation anymore, the system crashes randomly when using that, so I switched to Carplay.
Wireless carplay is a mess, I have the same problems you have. Fortunately wired is working fine. The wireless charging pad is not working 90% of the time, and Mercedes engineers cannot figure out how to charge phones in a car (yesyes all the firmware updates are in place for the pad). We just bought a BMW 4 series from 2018 for my wife with wireless charging and wireless Carplay, which works flawlessly.
I am in the same situation as you, I do need my car and cannot afford to wait for another one if I decide to give this back to Mercedes. So for now it is working ok-ish but no more Mercedes for me.

I read that all the new cars from Mercedes have the same software/sensor problems. For now, my advice would be to keep pushing the dealership to fix the problems, at least then you will be able to use the car somewhat ok-ish day-2-day. We now use the BMW for everything, the Merc is only when I need to drive for work.
Old 12-22-2023, 10:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
C300
I've also had the same issue with the auto-folding mirrors (disabling itself) on my car, particularly after car washes. My theory is that this happens due to multiple locking and unlocking of the car in a short span, when the auto-folding mirror feature is active. I came to this conclusion while washing my car with the key in my pocket. Each time water splashed onto the door handle (the place that lets you lock the door), the car would lock, causing the mirrors to fold in, and then I would unlock it again. This repetitive action might be interpreted by the car's system as a safety measure to protect the folding mechanism from potential damage. Then, I started leaving the keys inside the car while washing it. Since making this change, the problem hasn't occurred again. However, I'm still uncertain whether this was the reason or if it was coincidentally resolved by a software update during the service or an over-the-air update. You can probably test this by locking and unlocking the car multiple times using the door handles and see if it disables the auto-folding mirror setting.

Regarding the recall you mentioned, if you are referring to the fuel-pump issue, I received a recall notice last week saying that the fix is now available.
The following users liked this post:
adept19 (12-23-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 01:45 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C 300 2022 4MATIC
All these issues (except CarPlay) could be because of bad wiring or damaged wiring harness somewhere. I had a few rundom issues with rear camera and trunk latch and at my dealership they found improper wiring and damaged harness due to this. After replacing wiring harnes and trunk module all issues are gone. It's sad that assembly quality seems poor at MB factory.
Old 12-22-2023, 08:29 PM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
My 2022 had similar issues until the rear SAM was replaced under recall and I've had zero issues.

The only issue my 2023 has is the mirrors not folding sometimes. I didn't expect for others to have it as well! I was able to fix this by going into MBUX with the guest/no user selected then turning on folding mirrors from settings. I have it on both guest and my personal profiles which seemed to fix the issue.
The following 2 users liked this post by 818benz:
0Cool (12-23-2023), adept19 (12-23-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 11:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C300EQE
I have the folding mirrors issue, usually when I do something to profiles it seems something gets out of sync. Haven't happened in awhile probably because nearly a year later not really making any profile changes. The car play both android and apple doesn't connect occasionally, especially when doing quick in and out trips like getting a Starbucks. When it does, turning off wifi and Bluetooth and back on from mbux is usually the quick fix for me. I have seen some of those other errors like drive assist in like mbux system messages but can't say it has ever interfered with anything nor did I notice. I see a handful of them after a year in there. Im sure ones Toyota, Honda has those too except they just don't show up in a log you can see.
Old 12-23-2023, 01:33 AM

2023 c300
Originally Posted by Benea
I've also had the same issue with the auto-folding mirrors (disabling itself) on my car, particularly after car washes. My theory is that this happens due to multiple locking and unlocking of the car in a short span, when the auto-folding mirror feature is active. I came to this conclusion while washing my car with the key in my pocket. Each time water splashed onto the door handle (the place that lets you lock the door), the car would lock, causing the mirrors to fold in, and then I would unlock it again. This repetitive action might be interpreted by the car's system as a safety measure to protect the folding mechanism from potential damage. Then, I started leaving the keys inside the car while washing it. Since making this change, the problem hasn't occurred again. However, I'm still uncertain whether this was the reason or if it was coincidentally resolved by a software update during the service or an over-the-air update. You can probably test this by locking and unlocking the car multiple times using the door handles and see if it disables the auto-folding mirror setting.

Regarding the recall you mentioned, if you are referring to the fuel-pump issue, I received a recall notice last week saying that the fix is now available.
interesting. I got my email and letter like 3 months ago and still no fix for mine.
Old 12-23-2023, 01:36 AM

2023 c300
Originally Posted by 818benz
My 2022 had similar issues until the rear SAM was replaced under recall and I've had zero issues.

The only issue my 2023 has is the mirrors not folding sometimes. I didn't expect for others to have it as well! I was able to fix this by going into MBUX with the guest/no user selected then turning on folding mirrors from settings. I have it on both guest and my personal profiles which seemed to fix the issue.
im going to try this.

Old 12-23-2023, 05:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C300 2022 W206
Originally Posted by 0Cool
interesting. I got my email and letter like 3 months ago and still no fix for mine.
I also got two recalls but one is fixed while the other one is still pending because they don’t know how to fix it yet
Old 12-23-2023, 06:02 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
Originally Posted by adept19
I also got two recalls but one is fixed while the other one is still pending because they don’t know how to fix it yet
It's the fuel pump. My local dealer near LA just called saying the remedy is finally available.

Dreading it since it's a nightmare anytime I have to go to service (and they NEVER give loaners out anymore...)
The following users liked this post:
adept19 (12-23-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 06:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C300 2022 W206
It's the fuel pump. My local dealer near LA just called saying the remedy is finally available.

Dreading it since it's a nightmare anytime I have to go to service (and they NEVER give loaners out anymore...)
I know that feeling, they don’t give loaners car but they offered to drop me off at home but I came with my laptop and chose to work at their waiting room
Old 12-23-2023, 09:18 AM

2023 c300

I’d change dealers if they don’t give loaners out. That is terrible.
Old 12-23-2023, 09:24 AM

2023 c300
Originally Posted by adept19
right, that is my issue. They the fuel pump recall started close to what 7-8 months ago. They have a fix just not the parts so they say. But i reported this issue back about 2 months after I bought the car. When they didn’t have a recall yet. I’ve almost got into an accident because of it already maki bf a left turn and car just rolled briefly. Luckily the oncoming car slowed down and finally I was able to get going, but scared the heck out of me because I had someone with me in the car.

i called NHTSA and they said a reasonable amount of time to fix a recall is roughly 3-4 months. It’s been way longer.