Which interior color for the C300?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Post Which interior color for the C300?

New member here.

I'm nearly pulling the trigger on a new C-300 AMG Line. My question is: from your experience, what interior would you choose?

It can be a matter of preference, but I ask your help for two points:
  • I never got a car with a colored interior (all my cars were simply back inside) and, although I like the black/saddle brown interior, I'm concerned if one doesn't get sick of a colored interior with time.
  • Second and most important point, how easily does the brown interior get dirt? Is it too hard to maintain clean? I heard of instances of white interior cars that got blue simply because the driver was wearing jeans.

Thanks for your help!

Old 02-05-2024, 01:42 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
I have the saddle/black and I really, really like it. It's an amazing colo combo, but I also am biased on that color for the interiors.
I have the MbTex (non leather) and at 16,000 miles the driver seat looks like new, and I wear blue denim 90% of the time. Also the black bolsters help a lot with keeping the seat look clean.
I read on a FB W206 page real leather might get some creases overtime.

Last edited by giovane; 02-05-2024 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-05-2024, 02:08 PM

C300
Originally Posted by giovane
I have the saddle/black and I really, really like it. It's an amazing colo combo, but I also am biased on that color for the interiors.
I have the MbTex (non leather) and at 16,000 miles the driver seat looks like new, and I wear blue denim 90% of the time. Also the black bolsters help a lot with keeping the seat look clean.
I read on a FB W206 page real leather might get some creases overtime.
Thanks for sharing, geovane! I really appreciate it. I loved that saddle/black combination since I first saw it. Thinking in going with it and a matte grey exterior, although I really loved the navy blue exterior (saw it in metal two days ago when I had the chance to drive the car).
Old 02-05-2024, 02:14 PM

2023 C Class
I have the selenite grey, and I really think a blue would look great too.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post8749146

I heard matte finish is tough to maintain, do some homework and evaluate if you really want that color.

Last edited by giovane; 02-05-2024 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-05-2024, 04:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by wgsebald
New member here.

I'm nearly pulling the trigger on a new C-300 AMG Line. My question is: from your experience, what interior would you choose?

• I never got a car with a colored interior (all my cars were simply back inside) and, although I like the black/saddle brown interior, I'm concerned if one doesn't get sick of a colored interior with time.
  • Second and most important point, how easily does the brown interior get dirt? Is it too hard to maintain clean? I heard of instances of white interior cars that got blue simply because the driver was wearing jeans.

Thanks for your help!
I have the Grey Exterior with a solid black interior mbtex amgline. I originally wanted the brown and black two-tone. The red/black looks like a cheap 90s sport compact seat cover. For me, the Brown wasn't dark enough for my taste. In addition, the seats in the w206 are horrible compared to the w205 (my wife's 2023 cabrio) which has a saddle brown / black interior. I also added a black leather overlay to cover the hard plastic around the gear shifter. The black is holding up great

Old 02-05-2024, 04:56 PM

C300
Originally Posted by KE5TNY
I have the Grey Exterior with a solid black interior mbtex amgline. I originally wanted the brown and black two-tone. The red/black looks like a cheap 90s sport compact seat cover. For me, the Brown wasn't dark enough for my taste. In addition, the seats in the w206 are horrible compared to the w205 (my wife's 2023 cabrio) which has a saddle brown / black interior. I also added a black leather overlay to cover the hard plastic around the gear shifter. The black is holding up great

That looks cool! Where did you buy it?

Would be awesome if that faux carbon fiber on the panel was brushed matte steel or even wood, although the car would look less sporty.
Old 02-05-2024, 05:03 PM

C300
I have the selenite grey, and I really think a blue would look great too.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post8749146

I heard matte finish is tough to maintain, do some homework and evaluate if you really want that color.
Looks so beautiful, congrats!

Thanks for the tip on the matte finish too, I just start Googling about it. Didn't have a clue. I'll definitely take that into account.
Old 02-05-2024, 06:49 PM

2023 C Class
I had some time to spare today and out of curiosity I searched on the forum about the matte finish.
99% of the comments come from people commenting on their brand new car and how amazing it looks the magno finish and how easy it is to wash.
However you need to look for posts coming from people who lived and drove the car for a while, then you find comments like this one

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...ml#post7892337

another one had to sell the car because the bodyshop couldn’t match the color after he scratched the wheel arch and it was driving him crazy
Old 02-06-2024, 03:31 PM

C300
That looks cool! Where did you buy it?

Would be awesome if that faux carbon fiber on the panel was brushed matte steel or even wood, although the car would look less sporty.
I got it off amazon, they also have the brown leather to match. I also recently found the anthracite wood layover that matches my inlays.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by KE5TNY; 02-06-2024 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-06-2024, 06:33 PM

2023 C Class
Originally Posted by KE5TNY
I couldn't see on amazon the anthracite wood for the center console, could you share the link?
Old 02-07-2024, 01:51 PM

C300
anthracite ash

I couldn't see on amazon the anthracite wood for the center console, could you share the link?
Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
giovane (02-07-2024)
Old 02-08-2024, 10:14 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2023 C300 4MATIC
We also have the saddle/black combination, but in leather. Love it. Nearly a year later still looks new.
Old 02-08-2024, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 361 Likes on 298 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
Thanks for sharing, geovane! I really appreciate it. I loved that saddle/black combination since I first saw it. Thinking in going with it and a matte grey exterior, although I really loved the navy blue exterior (saw it in metal two days ago when I had the chance to drive the car).
My W201 which is your car's great great grandfather is the dark blue with a palomino interior. I admit that I'm biased but I think it's a stunning color combination. Certainly color preferences are very personal but I think you'd love the dark blue with the saddle interior. It certainly is your choice. I will also tell you that matte paint is much harder to take care of. Matte paint cars have to be hand washed and not taken to a machine car wash. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 02-10-2024, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 4Matic, DX1 Trim, AMG line, Panoramic roof, Black paint with grey interior
We have a black C300 with light grey interior. The contrast is beautiful! We just had a black/black BMW and the new interior is just so refreshing. We wear denim almost every drive and have had zero transfer issues. Maybe if we wore new dark blue, but on the times we did wear dark jeans, there was no issue
Old 02-10-2024, 04:45 PM

C300
Thanks for your input, everybody. I bought the Selenite Grey exterior with Black/Saddle interior. Should be here next week - really excited! I'll share some pictures as soon as I get it.
giovane (02-10-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 10:30 PM

2024c43
Interior

New member here.

Thanks for your help!
Well I had the designo in brown and it looked great not too much dirt. It was easy to clean and it still look good after seven years. I had to c 300 2023 and it was grayish, but it looked more white. My belt rubbed off on the white and couldn’t get it clean. I went to the upholstery shop. They said they could dye it for me for 150 bucks and it would be like new . Although it did look classy, I would never do that color. I have a 2024. C 43 with the black red stitching and it looks the best! You should look at in person you would be better off.

DaveRRR (05-15-2024)