C-Class (W206) 2021 to

10k Mile Service - Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 906 Likes on 696 Posts
G550
The preferred flat fixing method used by quality tire shops is un-mounting the tire and applying a patch on the inside over the puncture, rather than jamming a plug into the hole from outside. For a simple nail puncture (a clean hole), this seems acceptable on conventional and run-flat tires, although run-flat manufacturers and many tire shops won't repair any run-flat (I think this also has to do with the run-flat being driven on some unknown number of miles and possibly having compromised the tire's integrity). Nevertheless, the tire shop should have been willing to honor the tire manufacturer's replacement warranty, and given you replacement options.
My BMW X7 came equipped with 22" staggered run-flat summer performance tires. Who is making these OE tire configuration decisions? Before I hit 500 miles, I changed out the setup to 20" squared-up Michelin CrossClimate2's. Maybe not as cool looking, but I won't be stranded in Ely, NV for 2 weeks waiting for a replacement tire to arrive.
Old 04-26-2024, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 C300
This was Mavis Tire and they, as a Goodyear distributor, literally did not have my tire in their system (anywhere) and couldn't even suggest an alternate replacement. Fun, huh?
Old 04-26-2024, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 906 Likes on 696 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by Highlander29
This was Mavis Tire and they, as a Goodyear distributor, literally did not have my tire in their system (anywhere) and couldn't even suggest an alternate replacement. Fun, huh?
Not so much when a single tire flat necessitates a whole set of four.