C-Class (W206) 2021 to

2024 C300 Enhanced Ambient Lighting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 C300
2024 C300 Enhanced Ambient Lighting

Hey everyone, I recently bought a 2024 C300, not realizing that there was a chip shortage regarding the enhanced ambient lighting. This was very disappointing. I saw some threads that you can buy vents with lights and put them in the car. But does anyone know if the car already has the lights in it and just needs the chip? If so do you think it would be possible for Mercedes to allow you to pay to have the new chip added to the car for enhanced ambient lighting?

Really trying to find a work around this that won’t void my warranty. I think this is one of the best features of the car that it doesn’t have. Thank you
Old 04-21-2024, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 747 Likes on 728 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W206 forum...
Old 04-29-2024, 11:24 PM

W206 C 300
Is it still under warranty?

Originally Posted by Kristopher49
Hey everyone, I recently bought a 2024 C300, not realizing that there was a chip shortage regarding the enhanced ambient lighting. This was very disappointing. I saw some threads that you can buy vents with lights and put them in the car. But does anyone know if the car already has the lights in it and just needs the chip? If so do you think it would be possible for Mercedes to allow you to pay to have the new chip added to the car for enhanced ambient lighting?

Really trying to find a work around this that won’t void my warranty. I think this is one of the best features of the car that it doesn’t have. Thank you
You are trying to find a work around but don't want to void your warranty? Have you tried taking it to the dealership and asking them to fix or upgrade the issue since that is something that should be covered under a warranty?

Any "work around" will more than likely void your warranty or cost you more than if you went to Mercedes and ordered the parts and just waited for them to come in.
Old 04-30-2024, 02:15 PM

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6

It's not a chip, here's a video that shows all the parts and work required.
. It will void your electronic warranty at a minimum, no Mercedes dealership will install this for you with warranty. If you're in America you can probably cite the Magnuson Moss Warranty act if you install the lights, stating that you installing ambient lighting has nothing to do with your warranty claim should you need to but you'll be better off consulting a lawyer/someone more informed.
The following users liked this post:
CyberNerd (05-01-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 11:26 PM

W206 C 300
Slight misunderstanding

Hey everyone, I recently bought a 2024 C300 ... chip added to the car for enhanced ambient light...
FRom the way you described it, I thought your car came equipped with enhanced ambient lighting and it wasn't working because of a chip shortage. As others have stated, it isn't just add a chip and it works. There are led strips all throughout the car. If your car doesn't have them already, it's going to cost more than it's worth to have them "retro-fitted".
A valid "work around" would be to go to your local auto parts store and buy the led strips they sell for people to install in their cars. They usually plug into a 12v outlet.
Old 05-04-2024, 09:22 AM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
Chesttechner just started a video series on how to retrofit the vents.
Mind you, this is not oem material and does not include the full enhanced lighting. Just the vents.

youtu.be/97VjgA5J9gA?si=HXZazoFGZ3nDZjoO
Old 06-14-2024, 07:24 AM

C300 2024
I am in the same page like you, evaluating how complex is adding the missing chip and / or lights