C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Any opinion about exterior cf pkg on white CLS63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Any opinion about exterior cf pkg on white CLS63?

I am still not deciding whether to have exterior cf package on my order of diamond white metallic CLS63. How will it look like that a white 4-door with cf mirror? Any opinions or suggestions? Thanks a lot!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:10 AM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
My car will be delivered tomorrow it's diamond white and I have cf pkg on it so u can see how it looks like I believe they will look very good.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:56 AM

BMW
Originally Posted by dbasons55
My car will be delivered tomorrow it's diamond white and I have cf pkg on it so u can see how it looks like I believe they will look very good.
Cool!!! I will waiting for you post today, hah!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:36 PM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
Sure just remember it's Wednesday night in UAE and I will post it tomorrow night so it will be Thursday morning at your end
Old 07-06-2011, 12:39 PM

BMW
Originally Posted by dbasons55
Sure just remember it's Wednesday night in UAE and I will post it tomorrow night so it will be Thursday morning at your end
Okay
Old 07-06-2011, 01:34 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2021 GLA45
Originally Posted by hc7777
I am still not deciding whether to have exterior cf package on my order of diamond white metallic CLS63. How will it look like that a white 4-door with cf mirror? Any opinions or suggestions? Thanks a lot!
I wanted the CF exterior package on my white CLS63, but for whatever reason, only the CF rear spoiler is available for cars shipped to the U.S. (unless there's been a change I'm unaware of). I'll look forward to seeing pics of a white with the full exterior CF package.

I may order some other CF pieces when available on the after-market. I wonder if CF shells for the mirrors will be available, or if the entire mirror assemblies would have to be purchased (guaranteed not to be an inexpensive proposition).

Safety and regulatory requirements vary among countries, which is why U.S. bound cars will have that ugly orange side marker (which I'll switch to a white one when they're available). But it's a mystery to me why the availability of interior leather colors and exterior paint colors, plus various trim bits, varies from country to country.

There's even one requirement that varies from state to state. If I lived in a state which required a hideous front license tag, I'd move.

But to answer the question, I think the exterior CF package would look great on diamond white.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:23 PM

06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by SouthernNC
But it's a mystery to me why the availability of interior leather colors and exterior paint colors, plus various trim bits, varies from country to country.
Although I can't speak for every manufacturer out there, the reasoning behind why some cars are available in certain colors or combination of colors in one country vs another is due to factors such as...

A: The paint, color or dye used is not available outside of the country where it is produced in. Believe it or not, some colors are manufactured to be ONLY sold within a certain region. In some ways, they "patent" the color so as such it won't be duplicated.

B: The paint, color or dye used may contain certain products that one country may deem unsuitable for consumer use. This may be due to its toxicity, or chemical structure, which could cause harm to a person when and if it ever needs to be repaired or replaced.

C: The paint, color or dye does not meet local country / state EPA or FDA regulatory standards, or contains byproducts (such as those from an animal or plant) that are forbidden or illegal in ones country.

As for the trim bits, that's usually more of a demographic and or preference thing. It's also a way they can set apart subtle and sometimes legally required difference between Euro standards and those of the rest of the world. Offering one accessories in one country and not in another can also can come down to patent / royalty infringements between the designer of the component(s) and or manufacturer (not everything is always manufactured by the auto manufacturer).
Old 07-07-2011, 12:30 AM

a car that gets very poor gas mileage.
Originally Posted by hc7777
I think it will be fine.
The contrast of the two colors will make the CF really pop.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
it looks really nice.

but CF exterior is not availabe in US.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:59 PM

CLS 63 AMG C218, Lamborghini LP560
looks fantastic.. i have it on a diamond white.. love it !!! its ****...