C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Renntech ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Stay away from renntech. They are a rip-off. Go with V-Tech tuning or VelosDesignworks. They can get gains equaling that of Renntech if not better
Old 02-27-2012, 04:42 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Dont worry about HP numbers too much. each company can claim whatever number they want. what matters are gains on the dyno. V-tech and VelosDesignworks showed similar 100RWHP gain with tune only. Diffrent dynos coresspond to diffrent crank number ratings. dont worry about it. The best way to find out is if you have two cars runing two diffent tunes and racing same time and same place.

I would stay away from a company that charges $8200 for a set of cheap headers and claiming that they are longtubes when they are not.

Last edited by jacob502; 02-27-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by gripforce-cl65
To OP, I have v-tech stage 1 tune on my car and you are more than welcome to drive my car and feel the differences. I'm betting you will be sold once you drive it. I'm a 'real world result' car guy who doesn't believe in bench racing so the dyno numbers mean nothing to me. Recently I took the car to 1/2 mi airstrip attack event and it surprised many people including myself. A full write up will be followed shortly but to give you a tease, my car pulled about 3 cars on a 670HP Renntech tuned SL65 and it proves how fast this car is now with just the tune
I live in Irvine. PM me for the 'exclusive' v-tech tune test drive. For me, it was the best 2k I ever spent on any mods, period!!!
Greg, we are thrilled you are happy with our tune. We are extremely proud of the tune we have for the CLS63TT. We look forward to your write up
Old 02-27-2012, 12:48 PM

C55
Wow... I just checked this RENNtech threat now & here comes the "OPINIONS" and unfounded facts If I do open my mouth about how good Brabus, HWA, RENNtech, etc. By being an avid car enthusiast...this is the out come. But, I am sure I will get banned & possibly threat locked by Vic if I speak out myself!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by AMGTortoise
Wow... I just checked this RENNtech threat now & here comes the "OPINIONS" and unfounded facts If I do open my mouth about how good Brabus, HWA, RENNtech, etc. By being an avid car enthusiast...this is the out come. But, I am sure I will get banned & possibly threat locked by Vic if I speak out myself!
Wow you are that hurt about opinions outside of your beloved Renntech? I have no reason to ban you so your comments above are in poor taste. This is not a sponsor thread but a thread asking questions. So post your facts then.

And since there are only a few here that actually have the CLS and even fewer with tunes let them have their day in court too. I have never bad mouthed RT, if fact when SGC was getting bombarded with RT haters on his personal thread I closed it in favor of him.

Carry on.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:11 PM

C55
Well, Ready2roll your times are ok fast with a CANNED tune in the 1/4 mile. But, does your CLS63PP comes with LSD & possibly the lighter composite CC brakes? You know those do make a difference than when RT had their early conservative tunes in mind on a standard CLS63 without LSD!

Also, definition of street tires... you can go as creative as possible in the Tirerack.com site & pick ANY "STREET LEGAL" DOT tires & play with tire pressure... so why need to do a burn out for? And, I cannot really see your "DOT street tires" from the videos from greenhulkdotnet youtube seller of VTECH tunes promoter?

The MPH trap speed it's what tells how fast a car really isn't it? Please compare your trap speed MPH to RENNtech MPH 1/4 miles... I would go for the higher MPH trap speed. Maybe you should put a set of drag radial & see if your MPH trap speed drops and 1/4 mile numbers since you now will have a similar comparison! I am sure RENNtech can & will pick a "STREET tire" & beat your times easily.

IMHO, some seafood lovers of tuna steak prefers eating Fresh tuna made by Chef Ramsey over garnished canned tuna. Just like tunes.

Speaking of SGC is he the Chuck Norris of RENNtech untoucheable 1/4 times ? So does that means SGC > Ready2roll who drag races Corvettes ?

Originally Posted by Ready2roll
Every time I've seen posted by Renntech is on cars running drag radials. That will make any tune look impressive. How many of us drive our cars on the street with drag radials?

Well open your eyes you are about to see

Here is my car which was tuned by V-Tech with their stage 1 tune. My car is bone stock without anything other than the V-Tech stage 1 tune.
These runs were all made on the stock tires that came on my car. Full weight, full tank of pump gas and I weigh 240 pounds. No downhill track either. Is there really such a thing?

This is no "one run wonder" like you see other tuners post. I'd say my car is quite consistent with 3 consecutive passes in the 11.3's. See the attached pic of the time slips

I have seen NO OTHER tuner post these kind of times on stock tires and I have not seen anyone run these kinds of times with any other tune on a tune only car with the stock tires.

Until someone shows me a 2012 CLS63 running better than 11.3's on the stock tires then I stand by my statement that V-Tech has the best tune for these cars

Here's the 11.346 pass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_owyI...ature=youtu.be

Here's the 11.376 pass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mtNG...ature=youtu.be

and here's the 11.398 pass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hAUj...ature=youtu.be

I'd love to run my car on some drag radials one day like Renntech does. We would see some 10.90's for sure and without the need for exhaust mods which Renntech has to run the 10.90
Old 02-27-2012, 01:16 PM

C55
Originally Posted by Vic55
Wow you are that hurt about opinions outside of your beloved Renntech? I have no reason to ban you so your comments above are in poor taste. This is not a sponsor thread but a thread asking questions. So post your facts then.

And since there are only a few here that actually have the CLS and even fewer with tunes let them have their day in court too. I have never bad mouthed RT, if fact when SGC was getting bombarded with RT haters on his personal thread I closed it in favor of him.

Carry on.
Not really hurt, just tired of the BS I see where its coming from... I.e: MHP, ASR, early days of Evosport, etc.... that ends up costing consumers what they pay for.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Not really hurt, just tired of the BS I see where its coming from... I.e: MHP, ASR, early days of Evosport, etc.... that ends up costing consumers what they pay for.
All any of us can do .... is inform. At the end of the day its buyer beware. If I could I would remove all non factual posts at MBWorld but we all know I will be dead long before that occurs and Im not that old
Old 02-27-2012, 01:23 PM

cls63
Well, Ready2roll your times are ok fast with a CANNED tune in the 1/4 mile. But, does your CLS63PP comes with LSD & possibly the lighter composite CC brakes? You know those do make a difference than when RT had their early conservative tunes in mind on a standard CLS63 without LSD!

Also, definition of street tires... you can go as creative as possible in the Tirerack.com site & pick ANY "STREET LEGAL" DOT tires & play with tire pressure... so why need to do a burn out for? And, I cannot really see your "DOT street tires" from the videos from greenhulkdotnet youtube seller of VTECH tunes promoter?

The MPH trap speed it's what tells how fast a car really isn't it? Please compare your trap speed MPH to RENNtech MPH 1/4 miles... I would go for the higher MPH trap speed. Maybe you should put a set of drag radial & see if your MPH trap speed drops and 1/4 mile numbers since you now will have a similar comparison! I am sure RENNtech can & will pick a "STREET tire" & beat your times easily.

IMHO, some seafood lovers of tuna steak prefers eating Fresh tuna made by Chef Ramsey over garnished canned tuna. Just like tunes.

Speaking of SGC is he the Chuck Norris of RENNtech untoucheable 1/4 times ? So does that means SGC > Ready2roll who drag races Corvettes ?
Pardon me, but didn't Readytoroll tune only street tires beat renntechs tune only with drag radials trap speed?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:30 PM

C55
Originally Posted by Omni
Pardon me, but didn't Readytoroll tune only street tires beat renntechs tune only with drag radials trap speed?
Drag radials will lower a MPH trap speed. They are doing now trap speed of 130's MPH...I think 132mph last weekend I checked on Drag radials.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:15 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 Purpose built race car, 2015 CLS 63 S, 2016 GLA45, 2017 GTS
OK...so I have LSD but not the CC brakes (I was told that where this break are better for racing they are actually worse for day to day driving).

So are you saying that a "canned" tuned, as you are claiming V-Tech has does not take into considerations variables on the cars like LSD where Renntech does?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by freefall
So are you saying that a "canned" tuned, as you are claiming V-Tech has does not take into considerations variables on the cars like LSD where Renntech does?
No! What Mr. Hurt Feelings is saying is that a car with LSD and lighter CC brakes will run a better ET than one without. He is right for once
Old 02-27-2012, 02:39 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by Omni
Yes it did. Thank you for pointing that out
Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
Well, Ready2roll your times are ok fast with a CANNED tune in the 1/4 mile. But, does your CLS63PP comes with LSD & possibly the lighter composite CC brakes?
Yes my car has those options and I do agree with you that they will help the ET.

Here we go again with your tire lesson. The point I was making is my 11.3's were run on the stock tires that came on my car. I assure you that I was running the stock tires even though you can't see them in my videos. I think the 60' times also prove I was running the stock tires.

Maybe you should put a set of drag radial & see if your MPH trap speed drops and 1/4 mile numbers since you now will have a similar comparison!
I would love to try a set of drag radials and shatter the Renntech 10.90 record... i know I could but I'm not putting out the money on drag radials for this car. This is my family car and my wifes daily driver. When I want to play at the track I take my vette

I am sure RENNtech can & will pick a "STREET tire" & beat your times easily.
Here's your challenge. Bring a Renntech "TUNE ONLY" car on the factory OEM tires that came on the car and try to beat my record. GO FOR IT!

mmmm mmmm I love me some canned tuna and I love my V-Tech canned tune. Especially when it costs $1500 less than Renntech's canned offering. That's right I said CANNED! The Renntech tune for the CLS63TT is a CANNED tune. It's provided to them by a gentlemen named Henry from Germany

So don't be pulling that "Canned" **** around here when Renntech is using a canned tune for this car also

Drag raceing Corvettes huh? I have never in my life ran in a sanctioned drag race ever. I do happen to own a brutally fast ZO6. Do you like it Mr. Tortoise?
My ZO6 doesn't even have a roll cage so there's no way I can race it professionally. You probably noticed in my videos that I'm running single lane with nobody at my side. That's the only way they will let me run. I'm just a good ole cajun boy that likes to run my car at the track every now and then to have some fun. Ever watch swamp people? I know those guys personally and my home town track is in their back yard.

Have a good day Mr. Tortoise! I'm done with this argument.

Last edited by Ready2roll; 02-27-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:01 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 Purpose built race car, 2015 CLS 63 S, 2016 GLA45, 2017 GTS
How much does the price difference have to do with this debate? If they were exactly the same cost would the arguments be different because this is what I am taking away from this thread....

Renntech is the gold standard and they know it so they take a "canned" tuned CLS and run it on drag tires with DP and post some very serious time you tube vids.

V-Tech is the underdog that has a product as good as Renntech but they don't have the name behind them or a tricked out car with other mods to see if they could run the same times.

I will have one of these tunes the very next day I can do without my car for a week....so this thread has been great...thank you all!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:12 PM

C55
Please keep spreading misinformation.... those who actually had visited RENNtech Inc. Has seen their inhouse engineers & dyno, unlike other jetski & diapers companies that just went into the bandwagon of tuning Mercedes & claiming themself as true inhouse tunes & tested their tunes for many days LOL

Also, for the trap speed... just show me a same track with street OEM tires running a CLS63PP VTECH tune only vs. CLS63 RT tune. I would love to see that happen, since sure some dude from Louisiana went all the way to Sweden to get a tune without even testing one themself & ended up buying a tune from Germany. A very creative way of claiming done inhouse tuning by VTECH..... I smell MPH threats....

Well, show me a trapspeed that beats RENNtech CLS63 LOL... I have yet to see VTECH Sweden tunes inhouse LOL..... Keep spreading false info about VTECH.

Yes my car has those options and I do agree with you that they will help the ET.

Here we go again with your tire lesson. The point I was making is my 11.3's were run on the stock tires that came on my car. I assure you that I was running the stock tires even though you can't see them in my videos. I think the 60' times also prove I was running the stock tires.

I would love to try a set of drag radials and shatter the Renntech 10.90 record... i know I could but I'm not putting out the money on drag radials for this car. This is my family car and my wifes daily driver. When I want to play at the track I take my vette

Here's your challenge. Bring a Renntech "TUNE ONLY" car on the factory OEM tires that came on the car and try to beat my record. GO FOR IT!

mmmm mmmm I love me some canned tuna and I love my V-Tech canned tune. Especially when it costs $1500 less than Renntech's canned offering. That's right I said CANNED! The Renntech tune for the CLS63TT is a CANNED tune. It's provided to them by a gentlemen named Henry from Germany

So don't be pulling that "Canned" **** around here when Renntech is using a canned tune for this car also

Drag raceing Corvettes huh? I have never in my life ran in a sanctioned drag race ever. I do happen to own a brutally fast ZO6. Do you like it Mr. Tortoise?
My ZO6 doesn't even have a roll cage so there's no way I can race it professionally. You probably noticed in my videos that I'm running single lane with nobody at my side. That's the only way they will let me run. I'm just a good ole cajun boy that likes to run my car at the track every now and then to have some fun. Ever watch swamp people? I know those guys personally and my home town track is in their back yard.

Have a good day Mr. Tortoise! I'm done with this argument.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:16 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
Please keep spreading misinformation.... those who actually had visited RENNtech Inc. Has seen their inhouse engineers & dyno, unlike other jetski & diapers companies that just went into the bandwagon of tuning Mercedes & claiming themself as true inhouse tunes & tested their tunes for many days LOL

Also, for the trap speed... just show me a same track with street OEM tires running a CLS63PP VTECH tune only vs. CLS63 RT tune. I would love to see that happen, since sure some dude from Louisiana went all the way to Sweden to get a tune without even testing one themself & ended up buying a tune from Germany. A very creative way of claiming done inhouse tuning by VTECH..... I smell MPH threats....

Well, show me a trapspeed that beats RENNtech CLS63 LOL... I have yet to see VTECH Sweden tunes inhouse LOL..... Keep spreading false info about VTECH.

Mr. Tortoise, don't be jealous and please don't hate.
The information I have given is 100% factual. Where have you seen V-Tech advertise they do their own in house tune?
They have never claimed that. It is a canned tune just like Renntech uses. The only difference is Renntech want's you to believe otherwise and charges $1500 more for their illusion.

Renntech may do their own tuning for other models, but for the CLS63TT it's a canned tune provided by Henry. No doubt, without a question and 100% factual. Get over yourself

Last edited by Ready2roll; 02-27-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Tortoise- not trying to ruffle your feathers, but do you even have this car? Im sure you have driven one a few times and that gives you ton of perspective (I say this with a bit of sarcasm).

Ill give R2R credit, he owns the car- he paid for a tune and he took it to the track. HE did all of this, he is not a 3rd party speaking with supposition and hypothesis.

Now I dont know him nor do I know you but he has posted his car pics up and he has posted his dyno graphs so if I was considering a tune I might be more inclined to listen to the owner of a car than a proponent of a company. And while this is not a violation- your 17 whole posts are all about Renntech so whats the agenda?? Keep posting but be open to all opinions as you are not a sponsor and this is not your thread.

Last edited by Vic55; 02-27-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:25 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
In fact, read this from V-Tech's online store

This tune is the product of extensive dyno and track testing by a German engineer resulting in an incredible gains of 70 HP and 80 FT Lb Torque gains at the crankshaft. Increases in power start right off idle and increase dramatically throughout the RPM range. V-Tech is very proud of this tune for the M278 equipped vehicles. Despite the huge gains in power there's no detrimental effect to overall driveability or reliability.
source:
http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1960

OMG, could it be V-Tech's "German Engineer" is Henry???
Old 02-27-2012, 03:44 PM

C55
Mr. Tortoise, don't be jealous and please don't hate.
The information I have given is 100% factual. Where have you seen V-Tech advertise they do their own in house tune?
They have never claimed that. It is a canned tune just like Renntech uses. The only difference is Renntech want's you to believe otherwise and charges $1500 more for their illusion.

Renntech may do their own tuning for other models, but for the CLS63TT it's a canned tune provided by Henry. No doubt, without a question and 100% factual. Get over yourself
More misinformation! Thank God I know some insiders at RENNtech & you are just an illusionist for sure! If anyone out there has visited VTECH sweden or even Velocewerks shop... please ask them where is their dyno for inhouse tuning, ETAS equipment, or even Xentry/DAS diagnostics etc.? I would be very skeptic of how TOON (not tune) & tested track cars for many hours, days & years without datalogs =)

Well, who is Henry - Germany? There's many Henry...?!? I would just say buyers beware, of what you are getting the Tuna CANNEd tunes from... perhaps a buy & copy TOON for sure, instead of R&D with real engineers!
Attached Thumbnails Renntech ECU Upgrade-vtech-looking-copy-tunes.jpg  

Last edited by AMGTortoise; 02-27-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:14 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
More misinformation! Thank God I know some insiders at RENNtech & you are just an illusionist for sure! If anyone out there has visited VTECH sweden or even Velocewerks shop... please ask them where is their dyno for inhouse tuning, ETAS equipment, or even Xentry/DAS diagnostics etc.? I would be very skeptic of how TOON (not tune) & tested track cars for many hours, days & years without datalogs =)

Well, who is Henry - Germany? There's many Henry...?!? I would just say buyers beware, of what you are getting the Tuna CANNEd tunes from... perhaps a buy & copy TOON for sure, instead of R&D with real engineers!

You're very transparent Mr. Tortoise I see right thru your agenda to discredit a company such as V-Tech and Velos Designs. I think everyone else here see's it also. You really should be ashamed of yourself. You should realize the many VERY satisfied customers with the V-Tech tune posting here far overcome your relentless ridiculous banter. The more you open your mouth the more you sound like an idiot. Keep on talking

Not sure why you keep posting some screenshot of someone in Sweden. That's not who's doing the tunes here in the US.

Henry who? Henry Bar the same gentleman that has provided the "canned" tune to Renntech for the CLS63TT and that is FACT!!!

So stop beating this dead horse with me Mr. Tortoise you will not win this battle

Last edited by Ready2roll; 02-27-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:21 PM

C55
You're very transparent Mr. Tortoise I see right thru your agenda to discredit a company such as V-Tech. I think everyone else here see's it also. The more you open your mouth the more you sound like an idiot. Keep on talking

Not sure why you keep posting some screenshot of someone in Sweden. That's not who's doing the tunes here in the US.

Henry who? Henry Bar the same gentleman that has provided the "canned" tune to Renntech for the CLS63TT and that is FACT!!!

So stop beating this dead horse with me Mr. Tortoise you will not win this battle
Aparently I knew that already:

AUTOGAS.WERK GbR
Liebstädter Straße 10, 01237 Dresden
Telefon: +49 351 205.667-53
Telefax: +49 351 205.667-69
E-Mail: Henry.Baer@autogaswerk.de
Internet: www.autogaswerk.de

Ust-IdNr.: folgt
Geschäfstführer: Henry Bär
Inhaltlich verantwortlich: Henry Bär

Also, kinda too much credit for Henry that provided the tune for RENNtech LOL... I am so happy that Henry can answer that for you, glad I got my sources right =) RENNtech develops their own inhouse tunes & you guys are getting Henry's tune & splashing it as a VTECH toon! I do see an agenda with someone with multiple screen names.

Last edited by AMGTortoise; 02-27-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:24 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Wow this thread went to you-know-where pretty quick. Just like I said on page 1!

I just wanted to chime in that according to the Renntech blog they did do an early test of the CLS63 tune on OEM tires, 11.3@125. I can only assume it was then brought back to the shop and given some more dyno time before its next outing on DRs where it went 10.9@129. The fact is it gained 4mph on DRs which usually reduce MPH, so they found power somewhere.

Now I'm told it went even faster recently with the OWNER behind the wheel (so not SGC), in 75F weather, which means it picked up even more power. This tells me they are tuning this platform themselves. With the owner's ties to AMG it reinforces my suspicion.

Word gets around when you're a Renntech customer and interested in their performance results - by text and phone almost as it's happening, it's remarkable. That's what happens with a company that's been around since the 1980s.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:25 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
Aparently I knew that already:

AUTOGAS.WERK GbR
Liebstädter Straße 10, 01237 Dresden
Telefon: +49 351 205.667-53
Telefax: +49 351 205.667-69
E-Mail: Henry.Baer@autogaswerk.de
Internet: www.autogaswerk.de

Ust-IdNr.: folgt
Geschäfstführer: Henry Bär
Inhaltlich verantwortlich: Henry Bär
So if you knew it already then don't claim Renntech does in house tunes on the CLS63TT when it's Mr. Bar that has supplied them with a canned tune.

Have a good day Mr. Tortoise!

Last edited by Ready2roll; 02-27-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:28 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by EcruisinUSA
so they found power somewhere.
They sure did! Removed cats and downpipes. I wish I could go this route on my car also, but unfortunately my wife would not hear of it. It's actually her daily driver

Last edited by Ready2roll; 02-27-2012 at 11:46 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renntech ECU Upgrade