C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

New CLS 63…the waiting game

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2012 | 04:20 PM

2009 S550
Talking New CLS 63…the waiting game

First post on this, name's James currently went in to try and trade in my S550 but I would have taken a loss on it so I decided to keep it. I probably wouldn't have gone for the CLS after that fact, but they made the mistake of letting me test drive it let's just say that there's going to be a new addition to the garage. Hopefully going in on Wed to pick it up but I might have to go to KY for work, which would be torture.

Look forward to sharing my new beast with you when it gets in, everyone seems very knowledgeable and there's definitely a wealth of information on this forum. This will be my first AMG (have the AMG package on the S) but I can't wait to have the real thing, will seem like a dream until it's sitting in the driveway.

Cheers!!

James
Old 04-06-2012 | 04:36 PM
SPONSOR

C63
James,
Congrats on the new car, what specs did you get? Did they give you a rough eta on it?
Old 04-06-2012 | 05:30 PM

Congrats excellent choice the car is worth every penny! Enjoy her in good health
Old 04-06-2012 | 06:54 PM

CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by JMexL3
First post on this, name's James currently went in to try and trade in my S550 but I would have taken a loss on it so I decided to keep it. I probably wouldn't have gone for the CLS after that fact, but they made the mistake of letting me test drive it let's just say that there's going to be a new addition to the garage. Hopefully going in on Wed to pick it up but I might have to go to KY for work, which would be torture.

Look forward to sharing my new beast with you when it gets in, everyone seems very knowledgeable and there's definitely a wealth of information on this forum. This will be my first AMG (have the AMG package on the S) but I can't wait to have the real thing, will seem like a dream until it's sitting in the driveway.

Cheers!!

James
Congrats... The waiting is torture. But it is really worth it. Any excuse to drive it, if the wife wanted me to pick up tampons I'd get it just to go for the ride. The engine, the downshifting in S+ mode, the seat massage, the roar, and the ability to do so much the the engine that doesn't change the look or feel of the car.
Old 04-06-2012 | 10:15 PM

2014 Lotus Evora S
Congrats James! I'm in the same situation...waiting torture, although it sounds that you may have it very soon. Post your pics when you have it!
Old 04-07-2012 | 11:14 AM

2009 S550
Love the car, hated the shopping experience

Thanks everyone, I loved the one they had in the showroom which is the one I test drove it's a black with the designo package white and black with black piano trimming, AMG performance package, premium 1 package. I asked if there were any storm red in the area they said no and if I wanted to order it it would take 2 months which I just can't wait for but I may have to.

This was the situation, I made an appointment a week before to go see and test drive the car; they told me it would be ready there would be no problem. I showed up and my sales rep was with someone else I waited around for about 30-45 minutes before anyone even attempted to talk to me. Frustration was building up then the sales rep comes out wasn't taking me seriously asked me what I wanted to trade in (this was when I was still considering doing the S class trade in) he got two of his manager they went to go look at the car and then they finally started taking me seriously only took about an hour

The sales rep then proceeds to tell me that the car I was supposed to test drive wasn't ready and that they don't let people test drive the cars, to which I responded "how am I supposed to know if I like a car if i can't test drive it?", anyway so finally they decide they'll 'let me take it around the block' and they have to get it out of the showroom but the C300 behind the CLS was dead and all their service people were gone because it was already 7:20 by the time this was happening, I got there at 5:30.

So I was trying to be very respectful but when he asked me if i wanted to test drive the CLS 550 I just stared at him, I had no comments to that. So needless to say I drove 45 mins away (traffic) to be offered a lot of water and not test drive anything. I gave him the specs I wanted, because I wasn't set on the showroom model, and told him to give me a call the next day.

I wrote an e-mail to the guy after the fact and explained how unsatisfied I was and I wanted to speak to a manager, pretty much laid it all out on the table how car shopping was one of my favorite things and that was anything but enjoyable. He called me apologized etc.

I don't know if it was the fact that I'm 24 and Mexican descent but regardless I said in the e-mail 'with all due respect it's not like I showed up unannounced with a Honda trying to test drive a CLS 63' I was furious. Two days later I went back they had the car out, I had the chance to rip it up and down the highway, I still don't know if I want that car at this point or deal with that dealership just because of the bad taste i left with. But I just want the car so bad, but the whole experience really did irritate me a little too much.
Old 04-07-2012 | 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
I am sorry for your experience .. I know what its like to want that car ..but if this is the same dealership you will have to deal with later on maintenance and so on .. I would get the car elsewhere .. I personally never give my money to a dealership with this attitude ! What says that they will be courteous later ? I would also write MBUSA about your experience .
Old 04-07-2012 | 12:21 PM

2009 S550
Originally Posted by maxwerks
I am sorry for your experience .. I know what its like to want that car ..but if this is the same dealership you will have to deal with later on maintenance and so on .. I would get the car elsewhere .. I personally never give my money to a dealership with this attitude ! What says that they will be courteous later ? I would also write MBUSA about your experience .
I definitely will, the worst part is my father's company has had the business account with them for over 15 years. It really did take the joy out of the car buying experience I was hoping for.
Old 04-07-2012 | 12:21 PM

CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by JMexL3
Thanks everyone, I loved the one they had in the showroom which is the one I test drove it's a black with the designo package white and black with black piano trimming, AMG performance package, premium 1 package. I asked if there were any storm red in the area they said no and if I wanted to order it it would take 2 months which I just can't wait for but I may have to.

This was the situation, I made an appointment a week before to go see and test drive the car; they told me it would be ready there would be no problem. I showed up and my sales rep was with someone else I waited around for about 30-45 minutes before anyone even attempted to talk to me. Frustration was building up then the sales rep comes out wasn't taking me seriously asked me what I wanted to trade in (this was when I was still considering doing the S class trade in) he got two of his manager they went to go look at the car and then they finally started taking me seriously only took about an hour

The sales rep then proceeds to tell me that the car I was supposed to test drive wasn't ready and that they don't let people test drive the cars, to which I responded "how am I supposed to know if I like a car if i can't test drive it?", anyway so finally they decide they'll 'let me take it around the block' and they have to get it out of the showroom but the C300 behind the CLS was dead and all their service people were gone because it was already 7:20 by the time this was happening, I got there at 5:30.

So I was trying to be very respectful but when he asked me if i wanted to test drive the CLS 550 I just stared at him, I had no comments to that. So needless to say I drove 45 mins away (traffic) to be offered a lot of water and not test drive anything. I gave him the specs I wanted, because I wasn't set on the showroom model, and told him to give me a call the next day.

I wrote an e-mail to the guy after the fact and explained how unsatisfied I was and I wanted to speak to a manager, pretty much laid it all out on the table how car shopping was one of my favorite things and that was anything but enjoyable. He called me apologized etc.

I don't know if it was the fact that I'm 24 and Mexican descent but regardless I said in the e-mail 'with all due respect it's not like I showed up unannounced with a Honda trying to test drive a CLS 63' I was furious. Two days later I went back they had the car out, I had the chance to rip it up and down the highway, I still don't know if I want that car at this point or deal with that dealership just because of the bad taste i left with. But I just want the car so bad, but the whole experience really did irritate me a little too much.
I'm with max on this. If they are treating you like is now, what do you think they will do after they have closed the 130k deal. Bought my car from a dealer 30minutes away because of a similar reason
Old 04-07-2012 | 03:17 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
AMG changes lives!

good luck duder!
Old 04-07-2012 | 11:05 PM

2009 S550
Yea the more I think about it the more I'm turned off by the whole ordeal. The guy that test drove it with me wasn't even knowledgeable on the car I knew what every button did but I decided to test them and half the time he had no idea , and this is supposed to be one of the best dealerships in northern NJ, give me a break. I'm still up in the air about this but I have until Mon. to decide.
Old 04-08-2012 | 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
I am not sure where you are in NJ , but I am originally a New Yorker , I remember in Wappinger Falls NY , Friendly Motor cars Mercedes .. were quite nice when I dealt with them last ... you might want to check them out , but then again I am not sure how far are they from you .