C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Best Kill!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
It's funny how many people don't understand that racing at the strip is all about launch and 60' times to get amazing ET's. At a roll on the street in completely different. The lambo traps 133 or so stock, I'm pretty certain a 700 plus RWHP Merc can pull of those traps or better, that doesn't mean it would win at a strip.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E class
Originally Posted by Zod
would you believe a cls55k murdering a lambo merci from low speeds and high speed rolls?
I'll answer- sure it's possible. What ruins threads like this is when guys start posting fantasy stories. Let me ask you. Do you really think a stock clk cabriolet550 no less
is gonna out run a Ferrari 360 or Lamborghini Gallardo from a roll to 100 plus numerous times as stated. It just kind of puts a black eye on a thread that was
Potentially true.
JMO
Old 06-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
This is why we all need Go Pro's on our dashboards at all times! I would LOVE a video of this
Old 06-19-2012, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 63
Originally Posted by Fly by night
I'll answer- sure it's possible. What ruins threads like this is when guys start posting fantasy stories. Let me ask you. Do you really think a stock clk cabriolet550 no less
is gonna out run a Ferrari 360 or Lamborghini Gallardo from a roll to 100 plus numerous times as stated. It just kind of puts a black eye on a thread that was
Potentially true.
JMO
if you go on dragtimes you'll see that there are gallardo running 12.8 and 360s running 12.9 so if i ran 13.1 i dont see how that is a fantasy story?? just becuzz you dont know anything about cars and you think just becuz its a ferrari and lamborghini they are the fastest cars in the world dont mean anything
Old 06-19-2012, 01:58 PM

E class
Originally Posted by angelo63
if you go on dragtimes you'll see that there are gallardo running 12.8 and 360s running 12.9 so if i ran 13.1 i dont see how that is a fantasy story?? just becuzz you dont know anything about cars and you think just becuz its a ferrari and lamborghini they are the fastest cars in the world dont mean anything
Yawn
Isn't Fantasy Island on reruns. You must have had the unicorn car fella.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:18 PM

cls 63
Yawn
my point proven you had notting to say that makes sense
Old 06-19-2012, 02:28 PM

E class
my point proven you had notting to say that makes sense
You're right! I only had an 04 Clk55 coupe (stock) a few years back that would leave any stock clk 550 cab in a trail of dust. I certainly never claimed to have out run any Lambo or Ferrari in a distance. Pleas stop embarrassing yourself with stories of how fast your stock clk550 cabriolet was. Drag times 95% of
Lambo were running low 12's and clk 550 is a mid 13 sec car.
Game over
Old 06-19-2012, 02:52 PM

cls 63
You're right! I only had an 04 Clk55 coupe (stock) a few years back that would leave any stock clk 550 cab in a trail of dust. I certainly never claimed to have out run any Lambo or Ferrari in a distance. Pleas stop embarrassing yourself with stories of how fast your stock clk550 cabriolet was. Drag times 95% of
Lambo were running low 12's and clk 550 is a mid 13 sec car.
Game over
again if you new anything about cars you wolud know that clk550 have more hp then clk55 and the reason that cars like that lose to lesser cars is becuz of ppl like you who dont know anything about cars and dont know how to drive them..i bet you drive your s.class like a real champ
Old 06-19-2012, 02:59 PM

E class
again if you new anything about cars you wolud know that clk550 have more hp then clk55 and the reason that cars like that lose to lesser cars is becuz of ppl like you who dont know anything about cars and dont know how to drive them..i bet you drive your s.class like a real champ
OMG

hook..... line....... sinker......,

keep dreaming one day you'll own an AMG car
please move on to another thread.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Yawn
LOL
boss the plane, the plane boss
Old 06-19-2012, 04:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
996tt
i know its not the same but i beat my friends ferrari 360 modena and two different lamborghini gallardos with a clk550 convertible and no one believed me so i know how it feels good stuff your car is a beast
Trust me, no one still believes you.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:07 PM

08 CLS63 AMG
Easy, kids...
Old 06-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Potentially true.
JMO
Bottom line anything can go in a race, there are probabilities of outcomes,
but a moded benz 55k, v12 TT, V8 TT is no joke.

In the states you are all fixated on the 1/4 mile, which is a very controlled environment which can be used to produce impractical road going numbers

We go by the streets and well modded benzs have given the horse and the bull a good beating in some cases. I know because I talk from experience of a large group of car owners we have here

don't know about the clk550 though, as I have not seen it in action
Old 06-20-2012, 10:59 AM

E63 biturbo
Originally Posted by PACougar
It's funny how many people don't understand that racing at the strip is all about launch and 60' times to get amazing ET's. At a roll on the street in completely different. The lambo traps 133 or so stock, I'm pretty certain a 700 plus RWHP Merc can pull of those traps or better, that doesn't mean it would win at a strip.
Agreed. A much better indication of how fast a car is in a roll on race is the 60-130mph figure. In this case since the CLS63 has done 7.2s and i read somewhere that an Aventador is around 7.5s. This pretty much falls in line with the outcome described in the thread...
Old 06-20-2012, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Originally Posted by Jspeed
Agreed. A much better indication of how fast a car is in a roll on race is the 60-130mph figure. In this case since the CLS63 has done 7.2s and i read somewhere that an Aventador is around 7.5s. This pretty much falls in line with the outcome described in the thread...
I couldn't agree more, 60-130 is a way better measurement. At the track GTR's are complete beasts, but at a roll on the road they're nowhere near as fast without they're AWD launches helping them. I'm not saying they're not crazy fast and certainly modded ones can be unreal but the track and the street are completely different racing environments!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
If only there is an autobahn in the US for me to even try out my non-modded car. But with all these states needing additional funding via speeding tickets, I doubt that will happen.

80mph is pretty much the safe limit for me to go without risking seeing flashing lights behind me.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:15 PM

08 CLS63 AMG
otakki, I agree. Although I will not advocate breaking any laws there are a number of places in the US and possibly your state that allow for, completely theoretical, safe excess of the limit. For instance, I live in Phoenix and the drive to Vegas includes 100 miles of basically no steering wheel movement. This route also has 20+ miles of visibility and little to no traffic dependent on time/day. I've known a few people to test their limits there based on 'safe' conditions. Again - not advocating those kind of decisions and behavior but boys will be boys.

Interesting side note. Next time anyone goes to the track, put on or buy a heartrate monitor as an experiment. I noticed at 165mph I'm at roughly 135bpm. Crazy, huh.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by phemerlein
otakki, I agree. Although I will not advocate breaking any laws there are a number of places in the US and possibly your state that allow for, completely theoretical, safe excess of the limit. For instance, I live in Phoenix and the drive to Vegas includes 100 miles of basically no steering wheel movement. This route also has 20+ miles of visibility and little to no traffic dependent on time/day. I've known a few people to test their limits there based on 'safe' conditions. Again - not advocating those kind of decisions and behavior but boys will be boys.

Interesting side note. Next time anyone goes to the track, put on or buy a heartrate monitor as an experiment. I noticed at 165mph I'm at roughly 135bpm. Crazy, huh.
That's good info.

By the way, that sure is an exciting way to get your heart rate to that needed 80-90% of maximum heart rate. Definitely more fun than exercising in general. I wonder if such increased heart rate will improve cardiovascular condition as with working-out. I could also feel my increased heart rate when I was going faster than allowed. I have a heart rate monitor I use daily for cycling...maybe I'll strap it on next time.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:32 PM

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by dbasons55
Guys you aren't getting it right let's start all over again, first in the law of physics I have more HP more TQ and I am not exactly driving a G-Wagen! And yes my engine and tranny is fully under warranty from my tuner!

The race, I was driving behind the lambo doing speeds of 120-140km "cruising" when the lambo guy nailed his car I nailed my car just as I heard the thing do it's back shift! I started closing the gap took the lane next to him as I was passing him and after I have got the lead of one car length, I had the chance to see the speedometer where I was at 290km, and if the lambo stopped pushing I think the gap would have been 10 cars at that speed. I believe if a lambo looses a race it doesn't mean the driver does not know how to drive his car! Whenever someone buys a car the first thing is learn how the thing works! Don't blame it on the driver cuz you think my car isn't fast, and the lambo owner is in his early mid 20's so I am sure he will know how the thing works.

I shared my story cuz it's one of a kind I don't expect everyone would believe me, I don't care, I care to be an AMG fanatic I will make a video I promise, I am sure the Aventador would beat me from a dig but I might have a chance to close the gap! But from a roll god bless AMG that Aventadore will look good in my rear view mirror!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:10 AM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by ripgut
Yeah true no one believes you when it's good to be true, so let's wait till I get it on video for you guys that's the only way we can be sure this is isn't a story but a fact
Old 06-25-2012, 03:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W219 CLS63
lets all be professional about this, there is no need to get all worked up about how realistic or unrealistic a story is. If he says so, let him be. If he's wrong about it, so be it. None of us are 12, almost all of us are adults and we should know how to judge things correctly.

If he is wrong, one of you guys should state it and support him/herself as to why he is wrong. No one should blabber on and on about something they dont know 100% about.

Same goes for the original poster. state it, say whatever you want, but when it comes to serious topics like embarrassing an Aventador. You should know there are going to be people out there to question you, so BACK IT UP.

And if it is true. I would just like to say congrats, if youre making it up, shame on you.

BUT, as for myself and a few other members here on the forum. We like evidence. Find someone with an Aventador and record what you do.

Cheers.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm so looking forward to see the video and hear the sound from both cars' perspective one of these days.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:30 PM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by AmmarYasirA
lets all be professional about this, there is no need to get all worked up about how realistic or unrealistic a story is. If he says so, let him be. If he's wrong about it, so be it. None of us are 12, almost all of us are adults and we should know how to judge things correctly.

If he is wrong, one of you guys should state it and support him/herself as to why he is wrong. No one should blabber on and on about something they dont know 100% about.

Same goes for the original poster. state it, say whatever you want, but when it comes to serious topics like embarrassing an Aventador. You should know there are going to be people out there to question you, so BACK IT UP.

And if it is true. I would just like to say congrats, if youre making it up, shame on you.

BUT, as for myself and a few other members here on the forum. We like evidence. Find someone with an Aventador and record what you do.

Cheers.
Well said I agree and I wished I could have backed it up with a video but of course it is not possible since I didn't exactly plan it, will plan it hopefully and back it up, I knew people would come back on me on this but I couldn't help not sharing my kill, I am sure if any other member was in my shoes they would come and share the joy of embarrassing an Aventador, I promise you a video will come on to back up my story.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:04 PM

W219 CLS63
Originally Posted by dbasons55
Well said I agree and I wished I could have backed it up with a video but of course it is not possible since I didn't exactly plan it, will plan it hopefully and back it up, I knew people would come back on me on this but I couldn't help not sharing my kill, I am sure if any other member was in my shoes they would come and share the joy of embarrassing an Aventador, I promise you a video will come on to back up my story.
Thank you, and no hard feelings bro, I was just getting tired of people cluttering threads with their BS arguments.(Im not trying to get on anyones bad side here) And Im sure you probably did kill an Aventador, but everyone likes videos, and there has got to be some people you can get to that will hook up a race between you and an Aventador.

Im just waiting for that day when I do see the video and I can run around telling all the stupid friends I have that know little to nothing about cars and show them the video... but knowing them they'll probably argue pointlessly like some other people on the forums and say how the Aventador just "wasnt pushing it"

And Im with you on the whole "sharing your story" thing. I would have done the same. But, I would probably know (at that moment) and stick my iphone to the window..

Your car is pretty amazing to be pulling away from $380,000+ Lambo...

Have fun with your other kills, and more important than anything- be safe.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:59 AM

horse and carriage
i dont see why this is so hard to believe? a gtr with a couple mods can hang with an aventador and ive seen modded amg v8tt hanging with modded gtrs. now imagine a v8tt with upgrade turbos and a long arab road lol 4 wheel drive cars are also not that great at very high speeds, which will explain how the benz passed him at those speeds. matter of fact arent their cls63s running 10 seconds(lambo does 10 seconds too) now with just tune, lsd and a few mods? think bout one that has larger turbos............

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Best Kill!!!