Need help deciding for 2010 Panamera Turbo versus 2013 CLS63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 07:56 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by otakki
It's obvious that Vic is a P-car encyclopedia with legs. Forget about the manual--just ask Vic!

By the way, my simple brain is overwhelmed with all that info. I think I'll just stick with Benz.
we don't know for sure that Vic has legs
Old 10-26-2012, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by emericr
The dealer does not seem to be hungry to get rid of his used CLS63...
Sticker was 115K, the car has 4K miles and he wants $105K for a one year old vehicle...
If you're into modding? MishaDesigns is premiering there Widebody Panamera @ SEMA this year, I'm good friends w/Misha & he sent me finished pix before they hit SEMA or internet All I can say is this Porsche Panamera will flat KILL @ SEMA it's a stunner painted in Dark matte charcoal This very well maybe my next whip (I too am deciding between it & NEW CLS63 ) the PTT retains ALL the best of stock appearence just adds much needed Widebody to counter it's extremely lengthy look + the new Misha kit has removed ALL the extra vents or wings it looks like it could've been from OEM Porsche themselves just very aggressive Black Series..

I can't post the pix but look for them on Luxury4Play this weekend certain to drop jaws yeah cls63 will be faster ON TOP-END when tuned etc but TOP speed isn't everything esp since in Stock form the Panamera TT will rape CLS63 0-60+ @ 3.5 sec.. W/BOTH in stock form then add ECU on Panamera & CLS63.. The 0-60+ will be even more devastating to cls63 & 99% of vehicles on road etc..

Food for thought as most daily rips to 0-60-75 mph are what most sane people do in REAL life to keep outta serious trouble vs going triple digits on frwy etc..

Last edited by Thericker; 10-26-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
I understand the 0-60 time advantage of the Panamera in stock or tune form due to the PDK AWD set up but how many times will I find myself racing at a light a PTT. Furthermore the one I am looking at does not have the chrono package.
I was able with some serious arm twisting to get a CLS at invoice so having the ability to have a new car the way I want for the same price seems the way to go.
A few more final questions regarding upgrading from the C to the CLS.
Am I limited on the CLS for manual shifting to the paddles or do I have the ability to do it with the center console lever like the C?
Is the transmission on the CLS better i.e. faster than my C (mine is an 09)? Even with a tune, the C was still slow double shifting? Will the CLS be better stock? Will a tune improves the response time (a tune on the C63 did allow faster response from the paddles but did not seem to do much for transmission)
How would you rate the CLS seats versus the C seats? I will miss the one piece look of the C seats .
I know the CLS is heavier. Will I really feel a difference in handling with the C or does the adjustable airmatic in the stiffest set up make me forget the extra weight?
Any other feedback from people who did the upgrade would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-27-2012, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
NEW Panamera STANDARD narrow version pix just went public!
Originally Posted by MishaDesigns
Fresh out the paint booth! lsuper:

This is our standard body, narrow version.
Proper photoshoot to come. Enjoy!

Last edited by Thericker; 10-27-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
They have a WIDEBODY version debuting @ SEMA it's off D hook........................