C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

CLS Stage 2 vs M6 Stage 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by ShellURT
Im wondering if this is the same story Ive heard about a leaked and rough wot tune via alpina or noelle thats supposedly at 700hp ecus only? I guess its good news these are OBD tuneable at least!

Good info, thanks! In your opinion how much time is saved per shift using M vs A in these cars? Also does M allow for a higher shift point vs A?

Makes me wonder why during a race anyone would switch from a faster shift to a slower one lol?

again thanks.

The press tune is supposedly the Noelle tune but 700 hp is a stretch I would think... from my research the Manhart cars are running the resistor tune cheating the ecu to think there is not enough boost, coupled with the Noelle... recipe for disaster. But they claim 700 crank.

Its hard to say how much time is saved- depends on the conditions and shift points but the car shifts faster in manual no doubt. I kind of liken it to the E60 and E63 S85 engines that ran SMGIII trannies, the drive mode was fast but running it in the S6 (or whatever) was better. The only issue with using manual mode is if you shift too early or too late you are toast- so know what your are doing LOL.

The other issue with using D mode in rollers is its not always in optimal gear for lets say..... a 50-160 run. We all know what the difference a gear makes: the difference between a win and a loss.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
I haven't data logged my M5 yet. Break in service is scheduled for next Wed. Then I can start to have some fun with it. I plan on running my M5 vs my non PP SL63 and see what happens. I know the SL63 will trap 119 in the nasty TX heat as I did it 2 weeks ago and from dragtimes that's about what stock M5s are trapping, but I don't know the run conditions. Will be interesting either way.

Just from looking at it the M5s intercoolers are huge and sit in front of the engine away from it, not in the V like someone else said. They should get plenty of cooler air away from the hot engine once it's moving. On the M157 the intercooler sits directly on top of the engine under the ECU.