MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
http://216.105.52.14/index.asp?PageA...ATS&Category=2

be warned this stuff is addicting!!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:33 AM

SLK55, Murcielago
The Murci is amazing. I like the Gallardo a little better though...
Old 06-24-2005, 12:42 PM

GS300, FJ
NOTKTS, I sent you an e-mail.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by frebay
NOTKTS, I sent you an e-mail.
I don't recive emails through MBWorld... If you could send me a PM I would be more than glad to anwser it
Old 06-25-2005, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by Blue Benz
That Murcielago looks familiar. Did you buy it from the West coast?
No, It was a private owner
Old 06-25-2005, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by DropdaChalupa
That is what I was really looking to hear, it's great to really hear a firsthand account of how someone started out and built his "empire" over the course of time. Sounds like a lot of hard work mixed with a good deal of luck (meeting the man on the flight and symantec turning out so well). Seems like a big part as well is networking to get the right components you need in place for a reasonable cost.

I graduated college a few years back (2001) as a 3D computer designer and have been working my own business in web/graphic design for years and been making good money but I have been feeling the urge to build. I would like to build my company further but I also have a love for architecture and just home design in general hence why I would love to try this out small time and see how it goes and then perhaps move on to a more full time role if it works out. I have realized that as a designer I will probably never make the money that I want by being a designer alone and that is a bit depressing thinking in the long term. I'd like to make a move before I'm settled, married, and have kids where I will be even more afraid to spend money to make money.

So with communities you are saying that "cookie cutter" designs exist that are used in companies all over the US cutting costs? Are there even designs that have pre built frames etc that can just be shipped it and put in place like a puzzle cutting down on building costs? Land here is quite expensive, being close to NYC, Boston, and Providence so I probably would do this in the future, as I am considering move south possibly to Charlotte next year. I think it would give me a better opportunity in the south because they don't have the deep freeze that we have up here in the winters.

I think first I need to do a lot more research on the ins and outs of the construction process so I will know everything from land clearing, inspections, to throughout the building process in detail. I have general knowledge but I wouldn't want to get screwed over or have a project be delayed where I end up eating costs.

What licensing would I need to be buying land and building homes on the land or would I need none since I would be having other contractors do all the labor work? Not sure If I'd need to have a company formed....
Sorry that I haven't responded your reply yet... I haven't checked the thread in a while
About the "cookie cutter" designs you can even find them on some home plan sites, they are only the units but their decent. But what I'm talking about are plans for the whole community. They are still "custom" in a since with a little re-arranging of the units placement, landscaping and color choices. But I have yet to encounter a unit where you can have the frames shipped to you just by calling a distributor, it is still a nice idea. Moving to the Carolina's will most defiantly impact how much you can build and opens up a lot more possibilities as the zoning is a little more relaxed.
It is a good idea to familiarize yourself with the area of construction before you do anything major. If your really serious about looking into it, you could probably do an online course. There are a lot of choices out there.
One question, it sounds like to me that your trying to be the GC of the project. And your going to sub-contract out the work to individual companies. Correct me if I'm wrong?"
Old 06-27-2005, 02:23 PM

No problem, thanks for responding at all

When I have more time when I move I am definetely going to look further and either read up or take classes to get better acquainted with the details of the process. I figure people are always looking for good homes, regardless of any slowdown.

I like the idea of "cookie cutter" type communities but at the same time I also like the idea of luxury homes because it gives the developer a certain high end building prestige much like toll brothers is a luxury cookie cutter home builder. I believe I have read before however that the greatest profit margin average lies around a $200-$250K (equal to average middle america) home when they did a comparison between low cost, middle cost, and luxury building. I think the average was an 8% profit with highs in the teens and lows in the low single digits. Any idea what the tyipcal profit margins are in florida?

I don't know how much nitpicking I'd want to do on a project. What do you typically do? Do you oversees your project details or leave that to a GC? I have good management skills but in a unknown setting I might end up being more of a time costing burden to an experienced pro, especially if I was doing this on the side with another job. I guess the problem too is that any subcontractor connections that I have are in CT, not in the south so it'd probably be best to hire a GC who already has prebuilt connections that he relies on with the ability to get all the materials needed at cost.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:23 PM

GS300, FJ
Originally Posted by NOTKTS
I don't recive emails through MBWorld... If you could send me a PM I would be more than glad to anwser it
Ok, I sent ya a PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Normally the developer won't release the plans into your hands unless you are a different state. I know you might think that it may limit your possibilities but there really are a lot of these plans floating around. So in some way they will still have the prestige because its not like you are going to see one just like yours less than a mile away. A total design build on these communities can range anywhere from 50-500K depending on the size and such. I don't know the number off hand but I could look into it if you were interested.

If you were going to go into the process of building a community right now, I would say that I would leave 99% of the details to the GC. But depending on how much time you put into classes and research you may want to get a little more involved. I came across this dilemma when I did my first development... I tried to be as involved as I could and lets say I learned from my mistakes :p For the 1st project you might want to just try and watch what the GC does and how he handles the project. Experience is always the best thing to have when you are going to do this. And if you don't have any connections I would leave it to the GC to establish them then you could pick them up after its done.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:07 AM

So NOTKTS, you wanna post more pics of the Murcielago instead of ones that have been found on ebay?
Old 01-30-2006, 05:34 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
The yellow in awesome....the Silver one will be mine one day...WOW...and the rims kick ***.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by NOTKTS
Can I play too? Here are some pics of mine that I took at the parking lot at the office... Redline Robert love the 05' wheels wish I would of waited. Did you considering the Soft-Top Murcielago?
Damn thing wont let me post hi-resolution pics....
Those pictures are my personal property and that building is the property where my dental office is located at. I recieved a notification on the Lambo_Power forums that you are utilizing my property (Murcielago) for your personal gains. I demand that you apologize for impersonation and fraud to this board or I will take further action towards you.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by Bull_Attack
Those pictures are my personal property and that building is the property where my dental office is located at. I recieved a notification on the Lambo_Power forums that you are utilizing my property (Murcielago) for your personal gains. I demand that you apologize for impersonation and fraud to this board or I will take further action towards you.
haha. This is some funny ****

And what type of action are you suggesting?
Old 01-30-2006, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
hahahaahaha i always knew it! i asked this fool notickets to post more pics of his sl and so called murci and he always had the same pics, never anymore backup. when i asked why he never posted on lambo power or lamborghini talk or had a user name over there he always made up some stupid reason thathe didnt like the guys over there or some dumb ****. i fukin knew it, nice ownage there Bull_Attack!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:32 AM

Here is the link to L-Power and my car's pictures from yesterday's drive in California. The internet might be very big, but also very accessible. So watch out. And the other 2 are my Diablos.
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of my Murcielago-lamborghinis-059-small.jpg   Pictures of my Murcielago-lamborghinis-063-small.jpg   Pictures of my Murcielago-lamborghinis-012-small.jpg   Pictures of my Murcielago-lamborghinis-037-small.jpg   Pictures of my Murcielago-l-power-drive-007-small.jpg  

Old 01-30-2006, 11:55 AM

No Ticket

DUDE.. OWNED to the 3rd power..!!!
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of my Murcielago-crotchrocket2.jpg   Pictures of my Murcielago-ghey.jpg   Pictures of my Murcielago-owned-5b90-5d.jpg  
Old 01-30-2006, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500

Old 01-30-2006, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500

Old 01-30-2006, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500

Old 01-30-2006, 12:19 PM

Lamborghini Countach, BMW M3, ML 500 x2, S500 Lorinser
I just came over from Lambo-Power to watch the carnage.... Carry on...

Old 01-30-2006, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
heres the thread where i called this ***** out:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=notkts

let me quote myself (post #24), lol

Originally Posted by BklynBenz
sorry but i just want to add my 2 cents. i always questioned who NOTKTS really was in the back of my head but i never wanted to start **** and i basically got along with him and thought his posts were generally harmless.

just want to point out a few things that could be used to back my opinion up:

- hes made over 6000 posts since april 2005
- out of those 6000 or so posts hes only started 7 threads
- he claims to own an SL500 but has only posted in the SL forum 12 times and none of those posts were about his car
- never posted pics of the SL
- posted 6 pics of a random murci in redline roberts murci thread and said it was his
- claimed "new hp figures soon" for the muric since april and never saw anything
- not a member on lambo-power
- not a member on lamborghini-talk

- starts to flake out when its close to the time where hes gottta ship his car out to CA and meet up with everyone
- no one ever gets the emails he says he sends

sorry man, i gotta say the same thing to you as i did to that guy greg. stop saying good bye and coming back, it looks bad on your part and your causing all this drama.

i want to believe you are who you say you are because in all honesty to lie on a car fourm about who you are or what you have is pathetic.

good luck man.
page 4 of that closed thread was pretty funny as well, lol
Old 01-30-2006, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by RomansDad
I just came over from Lambo-Power to watch the carnage.... Carry on...

lmao, welcome to mbworld! im a member over at the lambo boards too, but could you please link the threads from your board over here so everyone here can see all the abuse this guy (prob a little 12 year old kid) is getting, thanks!
Old 01-30-2006, 12:29 PM

I think this thread will make my monday tolerable.. Hadnt used my owned pictures for a while, so thanks NOTICKETS for bringing out some oldies but goodies.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:32 PM

Lamborghini Countach, BMW M3, ML 500 x2, S500 Lorinser
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
lmao, welcome to mbworld! im a member over at the lambo boards too, but could you please link the threads from your board over here so everyone here can see all the abuse this guy (prob a little 12 year old kid) is getting, thanks!

He's lucky so far... Its early Monday Morning for most of us (L-Power has a predominantly west coast membership) so, hes flying under the radar for now...

Last edited by RomansDad; 01-30-2006 at 12:44 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pictures of my Murcielago