C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Cancelled my Order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55 Silver/Black, 03 Escalade, 07 MV Agusta F4 1000R & GSX-R 750
Originally Posted by schwarzwagen
I wouldn't. Have you driven a 996 in any form? It's much more fun to drive than an MB. I do agree that the MB is a totally different kind of car; you cannot compare the two on the same basis.
----------------------------------------------------

Hmmm....How about the 996 Cab in my garage? Simply put, the CLS 55AMG is the car you drive TO the track....the GT3 is the car waiting for you.

Another thing about Porsches.... As much as I love them, the only way to enjoy what they offer is when you really get on it. Basically keeping the rev's up and unleashing the 6. To do that all day everyday would be an annoying way to drive. The MB AMG's are true driving pleasure for the street.
All that torque to shoot you up and down off ramps, out of curves and down highways. PERFECTION for the daily driver. As one editor put it....The AMG's are outlaws in Hugo Boss suits!!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
Originally Posted by AZ AMG
----------------------------------------------------

Hmmm....How about the 996 Cab in my garage? Simply put, the CLS 55AMG is the car you drive TO the track....the GT3 is the car waiting for you.

Another thing about Porsches.... As much as I love them, the only way to enjoy what they offer is when you really get on it. Basically keeping the rev's up and unleashing the 6. To do that all day everyday would be an annoying way to drive. The MB AMG's are true driving pleasure for the street.
All that torque to shoot you up and down off ramps, out of curves and down highways. PERFECTION for the daily driver. As one editor put it....The AMG's are outlaws in Hugo Boss suits!!
Agreed. What I consider "fun" are all the things you described about the Porsche. Manual transmission, peaky engine, razor sharp turn in, racing shells, etc. A CLS55 is a bling car for cruising down the strip, not an all out canyon racing, fire breathing, monster. So, to recap, I won't have the money to have both for quite some time. In the interim, if I had to choose, I would rather drive the Porsche than the Benz for the reasons stated above. Heck, I would love to have a GT3RS!
Old 07-01-2005, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by schwarzwagen
now, now, be nice. It's not like he said his celica was faster than a CLS55 or something.
You're right - sorry CoolBlz... I got carried away