C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

This what you Get from evosport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Seems like you guys in the UAE are running through a proxy.

Did you read anything I typed before?

BTW: Insult another member again and your banned for good. We have this thing called the TOU.. I'm sure you've heard of it.. infact it was displayed when you registered. If you cannot adhere to it, you are not allowed to be a member. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BMW4LIFE
Its impossible that cars here get EGTs over 2700F since 98 octane fuel is used in the UAE and the car probably has an aftermarket chip which advances ignition timing and reduces EGT.
How does advancing the ignition timing lower EGT?
Old 01-08-2006, 01:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Originally Posted by BMW4LIFE
And all of you say, lets not beleive this stupid arab lets beleive the american, the seller, the distributer.....the person whos getting the profit
...funny, I read the whole thread again and didn't see anyone saying that. I certainly did read people eluding to how "crazy" some were tho ... which would be a pretty one-sided argument should someone wish to argue against that IMO ; be it standing along side the street while someone slides across several lanes back and forth at high speeds with no wall or guard rail to provide some level of safety, or blows people up or kills by any means in =any= nation (whether here or in an arabian nation) in the name of "my diety is better than your diety, and should you not agree you die..." insanity which hate to say, that social cancer is centered from nowhere else then arabian nations. so, not supid ... crazy. That's what I read was being said.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:49 AM
ON PROBATION

BMW4LIFE-
Seems to me by reading, and then re-reading, your post that you either have a 'chip on your shoulder' or a belief that Americans in general - and in particular Americans who posted in this thread - are prejudiced against a person of Arab descent, and are biased against those persons; and that Americans in general - and in particular Americans who posted in this thread - would because of that prejudice and bias automatically "side" with the "American" and dismiss the "Arab" for no reason other than this bias and prejudice.
Fact of the matter is that that is not how it works. And that is not how this thread developed. The readers of this post, and as far as I know the posters in this post, come from varying nationalities, and from varying parts of the world. No blind bias or predjudice led to the hypotheses, conclusions, and comments posted in this thread. Evidence, testimony, and stated 'facts'; reasoning, experience, arguments, opinions, etc. -- all of these things occurred because the readers and posters of this thread were trying to determine what the cause of the headers' failure was or could have been. It was a logical, reasoned discussion and debate on what the cause might have been, what it was in most probability, and what it was most likely not -- according to logic and reason.
In real life, the most obvious and reasonable answer or cause is usually the correct one. The most obvious cause is usually the cause. An improbable reason or cause is not the most likely reason or cause. The 'fact' as stated that these headers just failed for no reason other than that they were "cheap" or manufactured incorrectly was not in the posters' common experience, knowledge, and reason, and was not the obvious or reasonable cause. So posters put forth and discussed that and other possiblities --including NOS, abuse, heat, impact, motor mount failure...and I don't remember what else. The posters on this thread are still wondering, and are still discussing, the possible reasons for the damaged headers....
Nothing to do with "American" bias, or prejudice, or unreasonableness, or disbelief, of or towards "Arabs", my young friend. Nothing to do with any of that at all.
I suggest that you take a look inside yourself and try to determine why you thought or felt that; and also as to why you have taken the incorrect 'read' of this thread that is so apparent from the comments in your post.
I for one will tell you - that stupid kind of crap doesn't belong in posts in this forum. It isn't helpful. It isn't true. And it is inflammatory and potentially damaging to the thread, to the readers and posters, to the forum community, and to the larger internet and international community at large -- and it isn't welcome here.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ClayJ, that was a lot of stuff you typed there. A simple addressed to him would have been sufficent.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:01 AM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
ClayJ, that was a lot of stuff you typed there. A simple addressed to him would have been sufficent.
Nah man, if you look at my profile you see that I do the UAE thing (Jocko is going to be my next floor neighbor, three floors above Clooney LOL) and I do think that it is important for our future collectively in the world, and for the immediate future of our children and these young guys in the UAE, to get past this stupid Americans vs Arabs thing (or Westerners vs Arabs thing or Christians vs Islamics thing) that is really just labelling by political and movement leaders to keep the people incensed so they can keep killing people...net result.
We are one world. The world is getting smaller. Travel and media and electronic communications and international business and the internet and this forum all prove that the world is getting smaller and all pave the way to more interaction with others in other parts of the world, other countries, other cultures. Truth? We are all human beings. We all really want the same things out of life and living, in general. We have to learn to get along. to recognize our commonalities and to be willing to be interested in our differences -- like different kinds of food, different kinds of music, different kinds of art, different cultures in people is interesting.
I want for all of our children to be able to have all of the opportunities in the world, of the world, around the world. I want the world to be their oyster, theirs to conquer. And I don't want this inevitable change to be hampered or bloodied by stupid labelling and prejudice and unreasoned anger and hate!
Extremists I don't like. Haters I don't like. People who damage themselves and others out of stupidity I don't like. I'm too old for this ***** - you know what I mean? I've been around the block. I know the past. And I see the future. Just want to get there with the least amount of human suffering and individual suffering possible...that's all. And it really is important to communicate - especially when the cultures are different, becuase it is tougher....
Old 01-08-2006, 05:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I hear ya.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:28 AM
ON PROBATION

just because they don't know any better doesn't mean we can't tell 'em better -- you know what I mean?
Old 01-08-2006, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by ClayJ
BMW4LIFE-
Seems to me by reading, and then re-reading, your post that you either have a 'chip on your shoulder' or a belief that Americans in general - and in particular Americans who posted in this thread - are prejudiced against a person of Arab descent, and are biased against those persons; and that Americans in general - and in particular Americans who posted in this thread - would because of that prejudice and bias automatically "side" with the "American" and dismiss the "Arab" for no reason other than this bias and prejudice.
Fact of the matter is that that is not how it works. And that is not how this thread developed. The readers of this post, and as far as I know the posters in this post, come from varying nationalities, and from varying parts of the world. No blind bias or predjudice led to the hypotheses, conclusions, and comments posted in this thread. Evidence, testimony, and stated 'facts'; reasoning, experience, arguments, opinions, etc. -- all of these things occurred because the readers and posters of this thread were trying to determine what the cause of the headers' failure was or could have been. It was a logical, reasoned discussion and debate on what the cause might have been, what it was in most probability, and what it was most likely not -- according to logic and reason.
In real life, the most obvious and reasonable answer or cause is usually the correct one. The most obvious cause is usually the cause. An improbable reason or cause is not the most likely reason or cause. The 'fact' as stated that these headers just failed for no reason other than that they were "cheap" or manufactured incorrectly was not in the posters' common experience, knowledge, and reason, and was not the obvious or reasonable cause. So posters put forth and discussed that and other possiblities --including NOS, abuse, heat, impact, motor mount failure...and I don't remember what else. The posters on this thread are still wondering, and are still discussing, the possible reasons for the damaged headers....
Nothing to do with "American" bias, or prejudice, or unreasonableness, or disbelief, of or towards "Arabs", my young friend. Nothing to do with any of that at all.
I suggest that you take a look inside yourself and try to determine why you thought or felt that; and also as to why you have taken the incorrect 'read' of this thread that is so apparent from the comments in your post.
I for one will tell you - that stupid kind of crap doesn't belong in posts in this forum. It isn't helpful. It isn't true. And it is inflammatory and potentially damaging to the thread, to the readers and posters, to the forum community, and to the larger internet and international community at large -- and it isn't welcome here.
............I agree with with ClayJ. But his comments are not completely unfounded. The thread ia about one individual with a problem header. Instead folks started posting about polygamy in the UAE and and about Darwin's theory of evolution. comments like "they" were thrown around. Last I checked they refers to more than one person and as a result not applicable to address one individual who started the thread. If he were Jewish and some Germans started responding to his thread with talks of Darwinism and evolution, we will all put a stop to it. The concern here is why no one felt uncomfortable about it in this case. Respect is a two way treak.

Ted
Old 01-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Well said ClayJ. You have a lot of wisdom and I thank you for sharing it with us. I agree that your attitude and approach is the way to go. We can be bigger than the one's who desire to post inflammatory comments. I think you have just helped me to make a New Year's resolution. Constructive and non-degrading comments for now on, except those aimed at you or Ricky . Got to keep my sense of humor and stay in touch with reality.

Drive on and keep those posts coming 1,266, give me a break.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:24 PM
ON PROBATION

can drive 55]....Constructive and non-degrading comments for now on, except those aimed at you or Ricky....
And rightly so!

Drive on and keep those posts coming 1,266, give me a break.
LOL In your dreams!
Old 01-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Right now I am dreaming of finishing my 2nd of 3 coats of Zaino. Back to work. You are passing post numbers faster than a Veyron on the Interstate with no cops in sight. You should be at 1,350 when I return. At least I know a ***** of championship calibre. 3 for you good buddy.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:28 PM

CLS55
Get back to the headerS

no NOS was on the car

could it be from water of the cooling pakage

we live on the same world so grow up
Old 01-08-2006, 08:19 PM
zee

2004 Silver CLK500
Question No NOS, so what happened?

Guys,

I'll second Ted here. This thread went off topic right in the beginning. Before Ricky came up with an explanation, there were a lot of unwanted references to the fact that CLS917 comes from an Arab country.

On the other hand, blindly accusing Evosport of shoddy workmanship is not going to win you any friends here Mr. CLS917. You write one or two liner posts, throw in an accusation, and then hope that people will try to understand that why is there one set of bent headers out of hundreds that Evosport sell. You may try to be more specific, and put a bit more effort in explaining your problem.

So now that he is saying there was no NOS on the car, and the problem happened after installing the cooling package, is there a good explanation for these headers in this shape?
Old 01-09-2006, 02:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CLS55-030, 2002 BMW 540 Wagon, 1995 VW Jetta GLX
Exclamation I'll Say It Again!!!

zee - In a word. Yes! Quoting my previous post

Those headers have had some external mechanical force applied to them that caused this damage, PERIOD!!!! END OF STORY!!!!
- - Bob
Old 01-09-2006, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
You guys are right, this is not a flame thread, not a discussion of the header. We have left this thread open as we do not want to be seen as biased and have people think that we are hiding anything.

However, it is clear that discussion as stopped and this has turned into something else. As such, the thread is closed.

Thanks
Brad