Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C280
Quoted the wrong quote

Originally Posted by benzmodz
Charles Darwin seemed to think "it was all good" !

Let's stop sending troops to other countries - let's send them cars instead.

And it will save our emissions.....
Old 01-03-2006, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
$100 billion a year..... And save lives

can drive 55
spinning 360's and going curb to curb this what you do with your Car

ricky.agrawal
communication.. with evo sport are you kidding me for months i have tryed but i got nothing from them

benzmodz

GULF STATES warning in the cluster to help alert them of possible over-speed

the thread is about the poor quality headers EVO SPORT
Old 01-03-2006, 04:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by CLS917
benzmodz

GULF STATES warning in the cluster to help alert them of possible over-speed

the thread is about the poor quality headers EVO SPORT
Well we all know that you would never break the law so this problem must have arisen whilst the car was being driven way below the UAE speed limit.

I'll let you know when I am off topic ... till then you may want to rent some of those forbidden DVD's in the comedy section.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by ClayJ
It would probably cost us less than $100 billion a year..... And save lives.....
Well at least we would only be left with the sane and rational citizens.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
......I am actually quite interested in this thread since I have headers installed in multiple cars. I am curious to know how this happened. Up until now, I never really thought about my headers. I basically felt that they were a bellet proof part of the car. So, does anyone know what can go wrong with headers? Since it does not look like it is a manufacturing problem, what could he have done to the the headers to cause those damages? If if you run NOS, should you expect your headers to crumple up the way his did?

Ted
Old 01-04-2006, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Well the car has 35miles & i never heard that a AMG motor mount has gone wrong ever trust me its purely poor quality
i have had 4 or 5 different occasions when my (amg) motor mounts got ****ed up. i dont know if it was a single 1 or all of them but it was covered under warranty.

btw, i dont have crazy mods, maybe 10 or 15 (if im lucky) extra hp.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by can drive 55
Excuse me, I meant no disrespect, but I think it displays a lack of good judgment to stand on the side of the road while someone is driving his car in such a fashion, e.g. spinning 360's and going curb to curb. It looked dangerous for the spectators.
u should see the video where they loose control and slam into the parked cars and people.
these fools r ****in nuts (yes, i consider it a good thing. no, i would never stand there.)
Old 01-04-2006, 06:25 AM

CLS55
ya like this one

http://www.uae143.com/data/515/63vid.wmv
Old 01-04-2006, 06:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline

nice1

Old 01-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I thought it out with a friend and this is what I have concluded. Since you aren't really posting anything else to help your story, I'll stick to what I've concluded as follows.

So headers do what? Headers take exhaust gases and route them through the exhaust system to expel them from the engine.
What goes on in the engine. Technically, cold air is being turned into hot air quite quickly. It's an explosion. Boyles law, prt, etc.
Now, when you add NOS to the factor, that's super cooled and from what I understand it'll create a bigger, quicker explosion making the pistons move quicker then they should. This extra gyrational force created by the pistons, crankshaft and what not, added with all of the extra rotational torque (I think rotational doesn't need to be there) could have been enough stress to break the motor mounts.
Once the motor mounts where broke, the headers were supporting the weight of the massive engine.
Why do blacksmiths heat metals? So it's easier to work with, you can bend it and form it in different ways.
Going back to the NOS, the superhot air is expeled heating the headers to an even more extreme point.

So you have a very hot header, supporting very much weight. Your fault, or your tuners fault.

Care to refute?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

I forgot to add, and I need to clarify.

Your tuner being whoever installed (or forgot to install) your components.

I needed to add a thing about ECU tuning. Perhaps a properly ECU could have been tuned to take into consideration the extra NOS.
NOS from what I understand will make the car run excessively lean. That creates even more heat. That's bad. That's why you have to tune the air/fuel mixture delivery ratio.

Another things I want to point out, I am guessing you probably ran with NOS from the start of the line.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:54 PM
ON PROBATION

Your hypothesis Ricky:

....when you add NOS to the factor, that's super cooled and from what I understand it'll create a bigger, quicker explosion making the pistons move quicker then they should. This extra gyrational force created by the pistons, crankshaft and what not, added with all of the extra rotational torque (I think rotational doesn't need to be there) could have been enough stress to break the motor mounts.
Once the motor mounts where broke, the headers were supporting the weight of the massive engine.
Why do blacksmiths heat metals? So it's easier to work with, you can bend it and form it in different ways.
Going back to the NOS, the superhot air is expeled heating the headers to an even more extreme point.So you have a very hot header, supporting very much weight.

Coupled with this statement from Mr. Vanos:

This customer is in the UAE and I was told by a party in the UAE who knows this individual that the car was running NOS. I then asked the customer to send the headers back for further inspection. We received the headers and I sent them out to 4 separate parties. If there was a quality issue, there is no way we would let it go unaddressed. I want to stress how critical it is for us to identify ANY potential problems in the design or build of ANY of our products. Every party who inspected them, including the aerospace facility that performs the coating and 2 different manufacturers of headers all independently concluded that there is no way metal can bend like this on its own w/o some outside force acting upon it. Both headers are twisted (literally) in the same direction. The welds did not break, but a weld on one of the headers was present and had been created by the customer. Nobody who inspected them questioned the quality of these headers and all parties unanimously made the same independent conslusions w/o being given any information initially.
Provides the most likely rational explanation in my mind so far.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

I have to admit, an engineer helped me conclude it all..
Old 01-04-2006, 09:15 PM

1996 - C220/2001 - ML430/ 2005 RX-330
"Nos was not on the car for the info they made up this story"
According to the original poster, he said he wasn't running NOS?? So unless he is lying, NOS shouldn't be a factor so there goes that theory

This customer is in the UAE and I was told by a party in the UAE who knows this individual that the car was running NOS.
Well this friend of my mother's aunt Pearl down at the Beehive Salon told her, while she was backcombing her hair, that she had heard from this other friend that...

I don't doubt something was up, but I'm not so sure we should start pointing fingers and accusations and calling people liars without all the facts and especially from heresay. Now if he were running NOS and admits to it like an honest person should, then I would say your rationale and explanation are dead on. I have seen NOS cause holes in the manifold before from getting so hot. Maybe the original poster has some more input into this matter
Old 01-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

You're absolutley right. I think I might have forgotten that point.. however from everything I've seen I think evosport holds more credibility than the guy with a few badly constructed posts.

But even then, I can't figure out a rational explanation where marks on the header (twists and what not) could have been caused by the headers themselves by either a design defect, or something in the hands of evosport.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:30 PM

1996 - C220/2001 - ML430/ 2005 RX-330
True. I'm wondering if maybe incorrect or incorrectly installed exhaust hangers were not allowing the exhaust assembly to move with the engine as it torqued putting stress on the joint area, since the flange couldnt move being bolted to the manifold, and that are would be the pivot point. Just running high octane at high rpms in a lean mixture or if timing is off a little can cause a cherry glow in the right manifold joint, so if it were even slightly overhot then not allowed to move with the engine torque from being too tightly bound to the hangers or something could have also caused something like this I think. Never can tell. I agree that he shouldnt be dissing evo without all the facts. This definitely looks like some torquing went on in that area somehow.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:21 AM

It appears to me that they have got so hot, that the twisting of the engine has twisted the headers.

PS: How can you charge $3K for them?, you could get a set custom made for $1500, and thats for the first set, including making the jig etc. Every set after that would be cheaper as more units are produced.

If some of the aftermarket header comapanies knew that you charged 10 times what they do for the same thing, ie: avearge v8 headers. you will be out of business soon.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:42 AM

CLS55
It all Started when we installed the evosport Cooling Upgrade Package
Old 01-05-2006, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
It all Started when we installed the evosport Cooling Upgrade Package
Seems to make sense .... I feel that I pre-empted this comment.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
That picture of the header that was posted shows all of the thermobaric coating removed and the bare metal is showing signs of rusting.

The thermobaric coating is good for 2400F - 2700F which means your EGT would have to have been over 2700F to melt that coating. The only way I can see that happening is either NOS or a combination of NOS and too lean of an engine mixture. If the metal got hot enough I could see it twisting and making that shape.

I've had EVO headers on my car for over 5,000miles so far and mine still look like new. The coating is still there and I do some heavy highway runs at sustained speed. I also have been on the dyno repeatedly at 150mph in 4 or 5 successive runs and have not seen this type of damage.

Next time I go to the shop I will inspect mine at the bottom to see if there are any signs of warping and/or coating missing.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by athlon70
It appears to me that they have got so hot, that the twisting of the engine has twisted the headers.

PS: How can you charge $3K for them?, you could get a set custom made for $1500, and thats for the first set, including making the jig etc. Every set after that would be cheaper as more units are produced.

If some of the aftermarket header comapanies knew that you charged 10 times what they do for the same thing, ie: avearge v8 headers. you will be out of business soon.
There is more involved than just making the headers themselves. The parts alone may be only a few hundred bucks to a thousand. But there is a lot of R&D as well as time that goes into the products.

As least that's my input from watching 1UZ-FE headers get made for the LS400.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
I forgot to add, and I need to clarify.

Your tuner being whoever installed (or forgot to install) your components.

I needed to add a thing about ECU tuning. Perhaps a properly ECU could have been tuned to take into consideration the extra NOS.
NOS from what I understand will make the car run excessively lean. That creates even more heat. That's bad. That's why you have to tune the air/fuel mixture delivery ratio.

Another things I want to point out, I am guessing you probably ran with NOS from the start of the line.
Look at a wideband and an EGT gauge while running NOS and it'll make your heart stop. The readings you get are ridiculous like someone just cut off the fuel.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:07 PM

What cracks me up is in the first video with the STUPID driving, ALL the cars are white
Not so convinced the second video was shot in the UAE, I hear yells for "Jimmy". If it was, alcohol wasn't a factor
Back to the topic,

What I am thinking is this guy isn't hear preaching to get any sort of compensation. There doesn't appear to be any ulterior motives. I think he just wants to give an FYI with his experience. Maybe, he trully doesn't know what may have caused the damage. If his car was running above 2700 f, he probably wasn't aware of it and thinks the headers warped on their own
Old 01-06-2006, 12:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

The motor mounts issue might not be seperate. It might be an issue with just 2005 motormounts, torque settings, bolds, or rubber bearings or anything. Here is the link with the other car that just had the issue as well.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/132341-motor-mount.html
Old 01-07-2006, 11:23 PM

First of all I would like to complement all you american and austrailian "Adults" showing the world your "darwins theory of evoloution" how far you have reached in your life. Making fun out of a person who showed a photo of a broken manifold, because of your instinct, your racism you conclude hes an arab he probably did something to the car.

ask yourself why would he break it?

why would he ask for another one?

what could have broken it?

could it have been due to poor installation? could it it be made of defected peice of steel?

what could have caused this to happen? Maybe the car was running lean? maybe nos?

And all of you say, lets not beleive this stupid arab lets beleive the american, the seller, the distributer.....the person whos getting the profit

lol, funny *vrus* you say that "thermobaric coating is good for 2400F - 2700F" I dont beive that in the game way that I dont beleive that these cheap electric supercharges sold on ebay which cost a couple of hundred bucks give 60hp

Its impossible that cars here get EGTs over 2700F since 98 octane fuel is used in the UAE and the car probably has an aftermarket chip which advances ignition timing and reduces EGT.

I also asume that over 2700F the exhaust valves would have melted before even damaging the exhaust.

And by the way Mr Vanos, talk is cheap, I could say that "I sent my engine to 10 diffrent parties and 4 individuals and they all say that my engine broke dueto a faulty crank bearing" lol CLS917 posted pics, I find them worth more as more proof than your words......looool my friend that your friend knows told me that the guys car had NO2.....loool grow up dude

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This what you Get from evosport